South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 PM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 1 and communion

Without even thinking I took communion at church today. It was one of those thin wafers and grape juice. Do you think I'll be alright to just continue on with the rest of Phase 1 as I'm on Day 2, or should I start over again tomorrow?

Kara
Old 12-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #2  
Pregnant w/PCOS

S/C/G: On Hold

Height: 5'4

I would just go with it and continue on plan.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:25 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

That's what I figured on doing. I was so good yesterday that I'd hate to start over, even if it's just been two days!

Kara

P.S. Is your husband in the military? Tom is Air Force. Pohai's husband is in the military as well!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #4  
Pregnant w/PCOS

Yes, right now he's in the Navy but will be transferring to the Army in a few months. (so he is not a SGT right now but he will be when the army gets him LOL)
Old 12-02-2007, 07:27 PM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

That's funny. Where are you headed once the switch happens?

Kara
Old 12-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #6  
Pregnant w/PCOS

We have no clue! He goes to MEPS on Friday and he should get his ship date for WTC (it's like boot camp for prior service and transfers). I am sure it will be mid-May but you know how the military is. He won't get PCS orders until he goes to AIT, which is school, don't know what they call it in the AF.

We won't even know what MOS he gets until after MEPS and they send a request.

We're requested Ft Knox, Ft Campbell, or Ft Bragg for conus and Japan, Germany, or Italy for oconus. I don't know if they even look at the request when it comes time to cut orders. I have a lot to learn about the Army.

Last edited by LoveMySgt; 12-02-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

I don't know about the Army, but the Air Force looks at your dream sheet. Tom's gotten one of his first three picks every time we've gotten orders, and we've made five moves since we've been married!

We're off to Germany next! That would be hilarious if you guys ended up there, too!

Kara
Old 12-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #8  
Pregnant w/PCOS

With the Navy you pick the orders you want based on what is available. I can't wait to get orders, I am so ready for something new.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

How long have you guys been in Georgia?

Kara
Old 12-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #10  
Pregnant w/PCOS

DH is actually stationed in Fl but we moved up here a few months ago to help out a friend. The house we are in now was sitting vacant for a while and the owner wanted someone to be in it, so here we are. We've been at this duty station for 6yrs and before that we were in Wa state for 4yrs. I figure if we go to KY, we will be a few hours from family. Once we've been there for a little while, we will be sick of them and more han ready to go overseas.

We'd originally had Hawaii instead of Germany picked but I didn't know their school system was so ummm, lacking and my oldest is in gifted classes so I don't want him getting behind. None of us want to live in Hawaii anyway it just seemed like the lesser of 2 evils at the time. Now, my 8yo doesn't have a reason why but he wants to go to Germany.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

I've heard the Hawaii school systems were horrible. We homeschool, so luckily we get to avoid the drama!

We were at McChord from 1997-2000. We loved it and want to retire there (if we don't love Germany more!). I finished up my BA in Seattle before we got married in 1999. What a fun city. I never thought I was a city person, but we had a blast in Seattle!

Kara

P.S. This thread is no longer about anything close to communion!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Kara, I'll jump in for the communion question--we actually go to a Catholic church, so we use those all white flour communion wafers (my previous Lutheran church used wholegrain pita bread...a much more SBD-friendly option! ) and the super-sticky communion wine (kind of like Maneschewitz if you've ever had it). When I started SBD, I was really apprehensive about the possibility of it starting blood sugar problems and cravings, especially since in the Catholic church, we're supposed to not eat for a significant amount of time before we take communion. Pure white flour + empty stomach should = cravings, right? Honestly, I figured I'd step out on faith and assume that it wouldn't affect me because it's not really bread and wine. I've never had a reaction, not in over 3 years. Isn't that cool?

However, I know that some churches come up with other options for those with Celiac disease, so if you're close with your pastor, you might want to ask if they are willing to include a WW option for you. In this case, red wine would actually be better for you than the juice!

Glad I'm not the only one who wondered about this!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh I can't stand wine. I'm actually not much of a drinker at all. I must've had a bad experience with cough syrup as a kid or something because all alcohol tastes like medicine to me! It's funny what you said about stepping out in faith, because that's kind of how I approached it after I realized what I'd done. Our church only does communion on the first Sunday of the month, so by the time the next one rolls around I will be in Phase 2 anyway.

Thanks for the advice!

Kara
Closed Thread