Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #1  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Default Zucchini Turkey Bake

I just made this tonight for the first time and it was a hit! My 2 and 4 year olds enjoyed it as well.

20 oz lean ground turkey (1 pkg)
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic
4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
2 cups spaghetti sauce (I use 2 cups tomato sauce and make it from scratch, but you could use bottled if that's what you do)
1 cup corn
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Italian seasonings
Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350.
Brown turkey together with onion and garlic. Drain and add any spices you like. I use italian.
Place sliced zucchini in bottom of baking dish. Next layer the turkey, then the corn and finally the sauce. Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake in preheated over until zucchini are tender, about 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for another 5-10 minutes.

Makes 8 servings.
Amount Per Serving using tomato sauce instead of premade spaghetti sauce and lean ground turkey vs. regular ground turkey:
Calories- 199
Total Fat- 6.4g
Saturated Fat- 2.7g
Total Carbohydrates- 11.2g
Dietary Fiber- 2.2g
Protein- 24.8g
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote