Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 10-21-2007, 11:25 PM   #1  
Jessica

Default 6 New Comments

Okay..I got 6 emails in my box saying there is a new comment on my blog. All of them are like the same thing though, something about 'Journey to a better me wrote an interesting post today on Who am I to blame? A big hello and a goal.' and my blog ends up on other peoples blog websites..whats this all about? Now my blog is on 6 different websites.

I can't post the link but my name on the diet blog is jezzeb

Last edited by Jezzeb; 10-21-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Jezzeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #2  
it's always something

It looks like a blog spammer. This is a problem all over the net, unfortunately. We're looking into ways to help curb it if possible.

In the meantime, one thing you might do is set your options so you have to approve comments before they appear, then you can delete them before they appear instead of after. Go to your blog admin panel and select Options... Discussion... then check the box next to 'an administrator must always approve the comment'.

That will help prevent the comments from appearing, but there's nothing we can do to stop spammers from scraping our blog entries and forum posts to use on their blogs as content. Yep, they even automatically scrape (copy) our forum posts. It's an automated way of creating websites which then appear in search engines, and eventually earn money for the spammers. It sucks.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #3  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I've been getting a LOT of spam comments on the same entry in my blog over the last several days. I'm not sure how to prevent it. So, I've been going into my Admin pannel, marking the comments as "Spam" to delete them, and moving on. I removed 3 just tonight.

I've never followed any of the links in their comments...is that the part that brings you to your blog on other sites?
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:07 AM   #4  
Jessica

Yep, those are the links that takes me to where my blog is on other sites..That sucks how they just post your blog all over the net without your permission..I guess thats the downfall of having a public blog.

Last edited by Jezzeb; 10-22-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Jezzeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/163.5/130

I'm getting lots of these lately - about 1 a day. I too hate that they just copy the text over. GRRRR! Guess we have to be careful what we post now since they link back as well.
AnneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #6  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

I have decided to start my blogs with the disclaimer - "If you are reading this blog anywhere but on the 3FC website my words have been stolen by scumbags"

I will see if this stops them from doing a cut and paste -- not sure they want to waste time going through the whole blog entry. I just hate that they do this!!!
Jayjay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, I've heard of this on blogs; I didn't realize they were lifting content off the forums as well. I assume this is highly illegal, isn't it? Not to mention disturbing.
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #8  
it's always something

They grab blog and forum content through automated "scrapers" that crawl the web, gather content, and auto-post it on various blogs. It is illegal due to copyright infringement, but difficult to stop
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #9  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I haven't really gotton the whole blog thing donw yet, but anyway, Jezzeb, I went to your blog, cuz i thought you could use a real comment, but the link under your aviator took me- i dont know where?
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote