South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's The Weekend!

We are very, very cold here this morning with a windchill of -26ºC or -15ºF!!!! More snow is on the way so I need to bundle up this morning and get the shovels out of the barn. Hershey sure did a quick potty this morning!

Today I plan to finalize my gift shopping and maybe start a Christmas wall hanging for my son and DIL. I am starting my grocery lists for my Christmas Eve party, family dinner the 23rd and goodie baskets. I'm also going to decorate Harry's room at the nursing home - he doesn't care but the nurses and I do!

How's your weekend shaping up?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #2  

Ruth - That is way too cold for me! I wasn't happy last weekend when our high was in the 40's!

It's in the 60's now and should climb to 70 today. The scouts and I will be marching in the city Holiday parade this morning. The only thing to worry about is the 20-30% chance of rain. Robert has decided he wants to march with us this year. Normally it is only leaders who march with the kids but I can't stop him. He just needs to stay away from me as much as possible.

I've got a disaster recovery drill to work after the parade. I sure hope it doesn't take too many hours but we'll see. It was supposed to happen a few weeks ago but got postponed at the last minute.

I did actually make goal this month! I lost 6 pounds when my goal was 5. Now if I can lose again this month I will be happy.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth...brrrr... I wont' complian about this mornings dreary weather here so far this morning!!

Barb, have fun at the parade this morning and just march faster than Robert!! Congrats on making that goal!!!!

Me: just work and more work...it piled up. sigh. But had a really nice day yesterday afternoon in New Orleans.(except for passing by my husband's boyhood home and seeing it had burned down...what a shock!) When we got home later in the evening, my scooba had arrived. Spent two hours trying to get the stupid thing to work. After researching at online forums, apparently you have to jump through hoops to get the pump primed. Seems it involves a turkey baster. I have just about every kitchen toy known to man....except a turkey baster. Husband is going out later to get one along with canned air if that doesn't work. Geez. I really wanted to play with it too!!! Hopefully this priming procedure will bring results and I wont' be mad with Santa.

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-01-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, hope your snow is easy to shovel!

Barbara, have fun in the parade. Brian must love spending so much time with you! I'm sure he appreciates everything you do for him with Scouting!

Cat, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's old house. Hopefully the Scooba co-operates for you. Mopping is one of my least favorite chores, so I empathize with your plight to get it working quickly!

I decided to have a rego at Phase 1 because I seem to be hanging in this awful willpower battle that I am losing at an alarming rate. Today was my first day of it. I pretty much decided to commit to it this morning and I stuck with it all day. I forgot how good it feels to actually fuel your body properly.

This morning the gym hosted an aerobathon. It was basically mini classes from all the different things they have going on during the week. I can rarely, if ever, make the evening classes because of Tom's crazy schedule so I had a blast doing a toning class, a step class, and then my regular yoga class! The step instructor was getting the class revved up before she started and she said something like, "Good decision to come today! Take care of your body because it's the only one you have." I felt like such a moron but she is so right. New month, new perspective, new commitment.

So one clean day of Phase 1 under my belt. I'm planning a nice mushroom and pepper omelet for breakfast tomorrow to get my day started on the right foot. Yum! Can't wait!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Kara
Old 12-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Ladies

Ruth That's WAY too cold for me too. We had flash floods here last night but at some point it got colder and now we have ice. It's the closest I'll get to snow so I choose to think it's pretty and in the holiday spirit.
Barb I'm with femme, walk fast and on the other side of Robert. Then if he tries to talk tell him you can't hear him above the parade noise. Good Luck.
Femme The turkey baster will work. I hope you enjoy your Scooba as much as I enjoy mine. Don't work too hard today.

Me Made it through the first 5 days of Ph1 and have stayed completely OP. Cravings are gone and I'm feeling pretty good. I was going to wait to weigh until Monday (after a full week) but had to get on yesterday for Nov. challenge and since my restart I am down 4 pounds. I decided I would no longer worry about the new scale and the pounds I lost and gained back. Just a fresh start. So...

Stay Warm everyone and have a great Saturday.

Last edited by THINBYJUNE; 12-01-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Great job on your Phase 1 progress, Dawn! Glad you saw some progress on the scale!

Kara
Old 12-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Kara. You're going to do great on Ph 1. Congrats on a great first day. Keep it up.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks,
Well, no loss at weigh-in this morning, but it is TOM (sorry, Tom), so no worries. I know I did well this week in food choices, and I will just keep on going.
I got out early today and ran some errands. When DS gets back from horseback riding, we're going over to the bank to open the kids savings accounts, and hit the Post Office to mail some gifts. Then a little decorating this afternoon. My nephew and his family are passing through sometime today, so we'll have a visit with them, and we've got friends coming for dinner. Tonight is the town's Christmas parade and party, so we'll head over after dinner. DD is walking with the Girl Scouts. Wish I didn't have this nagging sinus headache, but oh, well. Hope you chicks have fun, festive days planned too!

Keep warm Ruth, you are quite the elf today!
Barb, a morning parade is a much better idea than evening. DD will really have to bundle up - it's cold here today!
Cat, hope your Scooba gets up and running. i'm curious to hear how you like it.
Kara and Thinby, good luck on Ph1. I want to do 2 weeks of Ph1 again after the holidays.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Ruth: My, it sure is cold up there! Stay warm and enjoy your Christmas-y errands!

Barb: I agree with Cat - just walk fast! It will be great for your waist-line as well as avoiding him! Congrats on surpassing your November goal!

Cat: I'm really jealous of your roomba and scooba. Of course, my house is rather small and it probably wouldn't be worth it. Sorry to hear about DH's childhood home. I still love driving by our old houses in San Antonio and seeing that they still look good.

Kara: That aerobathon sounds like it was a lot of fun! Congrats on a good D1/P1. You'll do great!

Dawn: Congrats on sticking to P1 so well! Congrats on the loss so far as well! I bet you'll be thin before June!

Schmoodle: Sounds like a very busy day for you. I hope your sinus headache clears up! Have fun at the parade!

Me: I'm just sitting here waiting for DH to get ready to go. He's taking me to the Mountain Country Christmas which is a big craft sale at the Civic Center. I spent way too much money last year, so this year I took out some cash and am limiting myself to that. After that, it's the hardware store for light clips for the outside of the house, the grocery store for our weekly steak dinner fixings and the saddle shop for leather supplies for DH. After lunch we're going to hand the Christmas lights outside and work on the yard a bit.

Well, there he is, so I'd better get a move on. Have a great day!!

~Kim
Old 12-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #10  

The parade was fun. I couldn't walk fast as our den had to stay behind the den in front of us but my job was to stay at the end of our group and try to keep our boys from falling behind. They were handing out candy and kept lagging. It's kind of like trying to herd cats when you try to keep 10 year olds together! Robert stayed on the other side for the most part so I didn't have to talk to him too much. We argued before it though since he used bleach to clean the bathroom yesterday and it is still heavy enough in the house to give me a headache. I am just so sensitive to bleach.

I'm back working on this disaster recovery drill now and it looks like they are running into problems. I REALLY hope they don't reschedule it. This is the second weekend that this has messed up.

cat - Sorry about the house. You know, I don't think I have a turkey baster either. I think I did once but I just don't need one these days.

Kara - that aerobathon sounds like fun! I'm finding it hard to get to the gym these days.

thinby - Good job on the 4 lb loss.

schmoodle - It does sound like your DD will need to bundle up. We may go up to Santa's Village tonight to see which groups won in each category.

Kim - Have fun at the craft show!
Old 12-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
Yesterday I was done in by 3 bean salad which was rife with sugar and I had a hardcore allergic reaction too rash itchys inflamed lungs the whole 9!
Today Back OP protein shake and 2 hb eggs with HOTSAUCE! I even did WATP in front of my gf that stayed over I made her swear not to laugh!! Hitting the grocery with her to prep for the wintery mix coming out way! i have a baby shower tomorrow smack dab in the middle of it. . . going to make a diaper themes card!
DH and I are pickign out the tree today I LOVE XMAS!
Ruth sounds like you have a busy day stay warm!!!
Femme I'm so sorry about Dh's house! let us know on the scooba!!
Barb you survived the parade you're an wesome Mom!! I have the same problem with bleach
Kara you exerstud!!! I'm glad you had fun!
Kim have fun!!
Crap time to Skeeedaddle Gotta run bbl!
Kier
Old 12-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Saga of the Scooba

He couldn't find a turkey baster, so came home with a can of compressed air...that worked like a charm and I'm having a blast with this toy!! I was really surprised by all the junk it's getting off the floors. I'm running it a second time in my office...and stuff is still coming up! I mop these floors at least twice a week...and yuk, apparently I was not doing a great job.

I have a plank soaking in water for some salmon. Decided a salmon salad would be great today while husband is glued to the tv/radio for the big game.
Been working since 4 this morning and about to call it quits for the day.

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-01-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

I thought I'd be waking up to a world covered in white, but it's dry outside. Everything went north of us.
I thought I posted in here yesterday? Oh well. It was a busy day, we went shopping all morning, then Monica and the girls came out to spend the day, and we went out shopping again. Today I'm enjoying a nice peaceful day to myself. Jake is helping to move from Amber's old school to their brand new one. I hope he's gone all day, as I did way too much yesterday and need to just sit with my foot up. I had planned to start on my Christmas baking this weekend, but I'm putting it off until next week. I'm just going to be super-lazy today and just read the papers and watch movies on TV.

Have fun with your Scooba, Cat! It's amazing how good of a job it seems to be doing.

I'm going to enjoy another cup of coffee while reading the paper. Have a great day, everyone, and I'll try to pop in again a little later.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:46 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Hi girlies!

Linda, I hope your paper was wonderful! We get the Air Force Times and the first thing I do every week is the crossword. I love crosswords!

Cat, glad the Scooba is up and running. I'm going to have to look into one of those!!!

Kierie, get better fast from your encounter with the three bean salad! I can't imagine why anyone would put sugar in a bean salad. Why do you need sugar? Evil, evil, sugar industry!

Barbara, sounds like the parade was fun for the boys. I bet they felt great throwing candy to all the little kids!

Kim, smart move on the cash for the craft fair! I hope you found some great things. Was your husband selling as well?

I'm off to bed. My Phase 1 headache hit early afternoon but I'm seeing it as a good sign because all that ickiness is flowing out through my neck and temples, right?! That's how it works, isn't it? I'll power through tomorrow and then be home free for the rest of the time, if I remember correctly. I remember days five and onward feeling just terrific.

We ran out of heating oil yesterday morning so we've been two days with no hot water or heat in the house! It's been like camping here! Tom boiled water for washing the dishes tonight and I had a Little House on the Prarie bath last night. Quite an adventure. Luckily, our house holds heat pretty well. It's still around 17 degrees (Celsius) in the house even though it's been in the 30s (Fahrenheit) outside. I know, confusing. The thermostat for the house is Korean but the thermometer outside is on base so it's in Fahrenheit! Either way, it's been around freezing outside.

Well, I need to hit the sack so I can be well rested for my grumpy day three of Phase 1 tomorrow. Have a lovely Sunday all!

Kara
Old 12-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #15  

Our pack one first place in the Boys Marching category! That was so cool. We won two years ago too. Here are some pictures: http://flickr.com/photos/circle10pac...7603347677030/
Each den dressed up to represent a holiday in another country. Well, I guess Kwanzaa is actually American but it is still something other than Christmas.

Time to go plan meals and then head off to Sunday school.
Closed Thread