Old 11-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Default Im New Kids left me a new body!!! Help!!

First name:Jessica

Geographical location:Pa

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:14yo (foster gl), 4yo boy, 3yo boy, 18mnth gl, 4mnth grl

Occupation:Of course HOMEMAKER (cant afford child care!!!)& secret shopper, Avon

Pets:Cat Scruffy

Hobbies/Interests: Church, Drama, Basketball

Height:5'4''

Eye/Hair Color:blue/green eyes & Reddish-brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightlossime for me on top of a house of 7

Following any specific plan: have no clue---no eating...j/k eating healthy & excercise excercise and yeah excercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: tubes are tied not having anymore kids want to rescue my body

Anything else you would like to share with us:I am completely new at this site and having a hard time finding my way around so any help would be great. As you have figured out not a lot of time to play on here. Any help in organizing a house of seven is great too. I guess I have realized its time to get things in my life in line from schedules in the house, routines, meal schedules, budgeting, even down to my weight. I need to have control of my life and not look back later and wish I had done this or that. I tend to have stress from stupid things that I can control. Over house, laundry,kids messes,attitudes, weight, Which most of these things I can fix and be much happier and less stressed and have more time helping people. A lot of the girls and ladies at my church come to me for help and advice being we are elders and I want to be able to help them and not feel so stressed out. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. How do I start on this weight loss journey?? I guess I have to start excercising because it wont just go away!! But I have to get the schedules working to fit my time in also so all this goes together. When I got married almost 6 years ago I weighed around 135 and then gained 60lbs with first baby with high blood pressure and water gain only lost half of that after baby was born then how many kids later I am over 200 lbs. So any strategies or ways to start this will be accepted!!! I have always been able to maintain weight but when pregnant never seem to lose the weight. Ok thats enough have a good day..
Thanks
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck! You can do this.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:20 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi!!! I think you deserve an award for just being home all day with those kids wow. I am a SAHM and know how difficult it is to loose the weight, but it can be done!!!
Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Welcome! I'm a SAHM mom of 4. I understand how busy you are...but it IS doable. Just keep reading and posting...you'll start seeing that there are a BUNCH of busy, extraordinary women (and men) losing weight and taking control of their lives. Just jump right in!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #5  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Nice to meet you, Jessica! This is a great forum. I'm a WAHM to 2 little girls. I know how busy I am, so I know how busy you must be.

As far as your plan, take baby steps... Set small goals like drinking enough water, eating "X" amount of veggies a day, walking for 10 minutes, doing some strength training while watching TV at the end of the day... Make getting healthy a priority... You don't have a lot of free time but really it doesn't take so much time. Just planning. You obviously are in control (for the most part) of what food is in your household, and I assume you do most of the cooking. That's 1/2 the battle! Regarding exercise, I have found it's a HUGE stress-buster. Have you used dvd's before? That was a great place for me to start. Make a starting plan that you know that you can stick with and you'll see results so quickly.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #6  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Hey. My name is Daphne. I live in Delaware and I am 30. First I have to say WOW!!!!! 4 kids under 5, a 14 y/o foster child and a marriage. You should get a million gold stars just for that....

Loosing weight is not easy. Especially with a full house. I am married, I have a 12 year old (step daughter with ADHD) and a 6 year old daughter. I am a full time student, mom, and wife. Plus my cousin lives with us and she is like another child.

Anyway, you need to find what works for you. I started doing Weight Watchers (but it got too expensive) especially when I stopped working so I could go to school full time. So I started counting calories, which I think is the easiest. Pick a goal number of cals/day. I eat between 1500-1700 a day.

I also keep a food journal. It helps me to stay on track, writing down how many cals I have eaten for the day. Even on the days when I dont exactly stay on plan. So I know exactly how bad I did. I have to take responsibility for what goes in my mouth. Even if it has 50,000 calories....

Drink alot of water.

And EXERCISE!!! Even if you have to bundle ALL the kids up and go for a walk in your neighborhood, or leave the kids with dad when he gets home and go to the gym. Or do an exercise video when they are asleep.

OH and another big thing is I stop eating at a certain time at night. About 2 hours before you go to sleep. I stop eating at 8 pm. And i try to eat alot of times a day. Small meals. And dont let yourself get to hungry. If you get to hungry then you will just grab the first thing that you can and it is usually something that is not healthy. OK. I think that I have blabbed enough. PM me anytime, if you have any questions... GOOD LUCK
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:28 PM   #7  

Thank you so much for your input. I think that they are manageable goals of drinking water not eating after 8 and i wanted to to work on throwing in excercise1 to 2 times a week as a start. thank you for your support
Old 11-30-2007, 07:48 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

So glad you decided to join us! Being successful at losing this weight takes a lot of pre-planning. Although I'm not technically a SAHM, Hubby and I do work out of our home for our employer. Having easy access to the frig sure come with its own challenges. One thing that works well for me is to remove all sugar and junk food from the house. If its not here, I can't eat it. Really, no one in the family needs this stuff on a daily basis so please don't feel like you'll be depriving anyone. When the kids have an urge for ice cream, pizza, fries, etc, we make it a special "date" for them.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #10  

I agree with taking the stuff out of the house. Because when I do that then when I am just want to eat something its not here and i drink water or eat vegs and go to bed...if i dont have anything to drink i drink my water. my husband also wanted to start losing his stomach he gained while i was prego...haha and my foster daughter is a junkaholic and is putting on some weight and i dont want my kids to be addicted to junk food so that is one of the best things that can be done. for snacks for the little ones i do the gummy candys cause i hate them and dont even eat them when theres nothin else...thanks guys