View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:55 PM   #15
zenor77

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Considering that the world is overpopulated, I think that viewing having children as a "duty" is poor logic. Dh's family is Catholic and I have never heard that said, but I can see how some people might think that way.

I know plenty of people who are living productive, happy, childless lives. I wouldn't consider any of them selfish. In fact, many of them have jobs that really help out the community.

Myself, I didn't want kids when I was younger. This was good, because I was in no way ready to have them. I did change my mind in my mid-20's, but that doesn't mean that everyone does. Dh and I aren't planning on having kids until we've been to Europe once without children, although honestly this is a dream that although important, I would be okay if we had kids and then went to Europe with them. I just want to go is the main thing.

It's your Life! Do what is right for you. The only person whose opinion matters (besides your own) is your husbands (some people may disagree with me on this.) If he wants kids you may have some things to work out. If he doesn't then I don't think it matters at all. You need to make the choices that you can live with. Everyone else should just butt out!