South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chick Chat

Good morning, and TGIF!

I slept better than I have in years, thanks to whatever kind of pain pill Cindy gave me last night. My ankle is numb, so at least it doesn't hurt.

It's my turn to take the girls to school today, and I'm going to try to run some errands this morning. Maggie has a birthday party to go to this afternoon, and I hope I can just drop her off. Then, after I pick up Audrey, I promised the girls we could bake cookies. We'll see how much I can get done today.

What's on everyone's agenda today?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:15 AM   #2  
EH1

Good Morning all,
It's Friday - woo hoo!!

Today is very exciting as i have a house full of cleaning to do and bedrooms to sort out as i've got guests coming to stay for the weekend. Hoping to wow them with my SB recipes - hopefully they'll have no idea they're eating on a 'diet'.
Cottage - don't think i'd be able to make cookies, just the smell would have me drooling but have fun with your girls.

Right here is to a super OP day for everyone. Now where did i put my rubber gloves....!

Bex
Old 11-30-2007, 07:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everybody
It’s going to be a cold one here in CA today.High is supposed to be 59 today and 48 tomorrow and rain. We really need the rain but that’s what I get for complaining about warm weather in November.

Cottage I hope your ankle feels better today.
EH1 Have a great ay cleaning.

O.K. so somehow I lost track of an ENTIRE day. All day yesterday I went around thinking it was day 3 of phase 1 and it was actually day 4. That’s good because I’m a day closer to phase 2, my cravings seem to be back in check, and that makes today Friday. But I still hate it when I lose a day. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

EH1! We're happy to have you joining us! Why don't you introduce yourself to everyone here, we're looking forward to meeting you!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, a bit groggy here, my meeting went until 10PM last night. I did okay yesterday with the hungries, except for when I came across one lonely sundae cone that was forgotten in the back of my freezer and before I knew it I had the top off and was gnawing away. But it tasted stale and I came to my senses after a couple of bites and threw it away.

cottage, sorry to hear about your accident! Hope you can take it easy on the ankle today.
Bex, have fun with your company! You're right, they'll never know, they'll just think you're a great cook.
Thinby, glad you did a day of Ph1 without even knowing it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg martinifriday.jpg (6.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 11-30-2007, 08:25 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Everyone!!!

Beautiful day here...cold and crisp this morning and will warm up to the 70's by this afternoon. After school, I'm taking the afternoon off and we are taking my Mother to New Orleans to go to the restuarant supply place (I'm looking for an oyster shucking set for my oldest son) and want to look for a couple of other things there. Then we are going to eat at Landry's, then to see the Christmas lights at City Park.

Cottage, glad you got some pain free sleep!
Bex, have a great weekend...sounds like fun. I love having company!
Thin, phase 2 will be here before you know it...keep up the great job!
Schoodle, way to go on throwing out that poison in a cone. yuk...pitooie
(gawd, how I love those things!) I saw a waffle cone maker in a catalog yesterday and was trying to figure out how to make a healthy one.

Here's a recipe I did yesterday that I adapted and added to from the original....It was great:
Lemon Tarragon Parmesan Chicken

chicken breasts (I used cutlets)
Shredded Parmesan cheese
olive oil
2 garlic cloves
tarragon
whole grain bread crumbs
dijon mustard
1 or 2 lemons

Saute garlic in olive oil. Turn off stove and add a few tablespoons of dijon mustard to the pan, along with the zest of a lemon and the juice of the lemon and whisk till well mixed.
In another bowl combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and chopped tarragon leaves. Drege chicken in mustard mixture, then dredge in cheese mixture,
then bake in the oven at about 400 degrees till brown. (about 25 minutes or so)

I don't have exact measurements, it all depends on how much chicken you want to fix. This was enough for about 5 chicken cutlets.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:00 AM   #7  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Friday morning chickies! I weighed in this morning and I am up .2 but i will not change my ticker to reflect it as I know next week I will losse those .2 and then some.

Kara a big congrats to your 2lb loss and thank you for the boost of confidence

Cottage you poor thing with your ankle do take care of it

EH1 Welcome to the beach! I think south beach recipes are to good to notice they are healthy. Enjoy your guest this weekend

Dawn your doing great - keep it up

Schmoodle happy Friday to ya

Femme enjoy your afternoon with mom

Hope everyone has an awesome OP Friday
Old 11-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Late check-in this morning as my body still thinks it's on the West Coast and slept until eight!

Cottage, stay OFF that ankle!

EH1, nice to see you and feel your enthusiasm. You CAN bake cookies if you just refust to nibble even a single chocolate chip. If I can do it, anyone can!

Thin, at your "cold one"! We are currently 18ºF and going up to 24ºF later today. Wanna trade?

Schmoodle, good for you on recognizing stale - just not worth it. The longer I eat this way, the more aware I am of food quality. My sister says I'm becoming a food snob!

Cat, great looking recipe. Are you going to post it? I was planning chicken for dinner and just may do that one with some broccoli.

I did get lots of stuff sorted out and done yesterday and even mailed off a Secret Santa Christmas gift after making a little sequinned gift bag for the pair of earrings. I bought a pair for myself too. Tomorrow is the day I start to wear my Christmas earring collection!

Later today I need to shop. I tracked down the elusive Webkidz for my grand daughter and will pick them up. I also need to tackle the mouse problem - it's Warfarin time because the trap line has been empty but the peanut butter bait gone these days. Mice are cute but stay out of my cupboards!

I hope your Friday is wonderful. Here's a warm wish.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Gonna - yes, you WILL be down next week! Scales are the devil!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

TGIF! Chilly day here in Indiana, 19 this morning, thank goodness they finally got the heat fixed here at work yesterday! Talking snow/rain mix tomorrow, yuck!

Cottage Take it easy on that ankle! Have fun baking cookies!

EH1 Have fun cleaning, I could think of so many things I would rather be doing!

Thin Good job on a clean P1 so far. Must be easier this time if you are forgetting days!

Schmoodle Good job on throwing that sundae cone away! How icky are stale cones? Hope you have a great day.

Cat I am so jealous of you going to the restaurant supply store! Have a great time. Oh and there is nothing better than looking at Christmas Lights!

Gonna That .2 will be gone in no time I am certain of it!

Me Didn't leave work until 6:40 last night. Had a job applicant walk in at 4 minutes til 6! Intended on taking her application and sending her on her way but oh no, the boss talked to her forever! Then I find out this morning he wasn't that impressed with her. UGH! I think he is looking for my clone and thank goodness there is not another one of me out there!

DH is crabby as all get out. He had been doing well the last couple of weeks to where I was almost worried something was up. Well now he is back to his old ways and worse! Almost makes me wonder if he wasn't messing around on the side and things went south? Positive thoughts! I will not allow him to ruin my favorite time of year!

Alright enough of my rambling, have a great Friday chicks. Check back later!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 11-30-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Schmoodle Great job yesterday. I'm glad you made it through the hungries.
Femme Have a great day with your mom. BTW did Scooba arrive yet?
Gonna I bet that .2 is from new muscle from all those work outs. You're doing great.
Ruth You're right I have no room to complain. I just a wimp what can I say?
Pacer Hope your day gets better. Your boss sounds as frustrating as mine.

Off to work. Have a great day everybody.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:35 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all. Today I am off to the doctor (my foot this time) and then to fight the people at the credit unin who claim I did not pay a bill. So I printed out copies of the checks!

Stupid computers (and people!)

Have a great Friday!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Chicken Nuggets are EVIL

DH and I went to BAbies R us last night to pick up stuff for a shower. I got dizzy from Needing to Eat So I had 2 wendys nuggets thinking that would be the least amount of damage I could do
till I got home and ate 1/2 cup shredded 2% Mozz adn 1/4 cup choc chips thankfully I stopped
All this compounded with DH started talking about BAbies. . . All his friends are having them when are we going to have them blah blah blah
ARG!
we live in a townhouse I can Barely get around by myself 2 flights of steps (I have cerebral Palsy) a tub I can't get out of without help. we don't own it and if we had a kid we couldn't afford Rent and daycare or rent and a mom's helper or probably even just RENT if I wasn't working
Mind you I don't drive yet.. .he works odd hours and cant even remember to feed the pets
But he's ready to be a dad! ?
It was the same when he wanted a house all his friends had houses.
I want to Move to PA to be closer to my mom who has said if we have a kid she'll help us take care of it. day care driving that kind of stuff
I'm sorry for the rant!! I just don't have anyone to talk to about this!

Cottage sounds like a good day just don't overdo the ankle!!
Bex did you find your gloves?
Thin stay warm!!
Schmood: good job chucking the cone!
Femme I love cruising for kitchen gadgets! have fun with your mom!!
Ruth have a great day!
Gonna you will definitely be down!
Steph just stay Pos and take care of you!!

I had a really yummy breakfast this morning Black beans in SAlsa with melted RF cheddar! Took care of my cold weather hot food craving!
bbl
Kier
Old 11-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #14  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Good morning chickies!

KO - I'm in the same kinda spot. Both SILs are having babies, and my DSS is 11. I'd love to have a kiddo of my own, but with no support system down here, there's just no way.

Jenne - I hate when that happens. I'm still fighting the credit reporting agencies over a $17 dollar credit to me that they reported as not paid. Duh, it was a credit, not a charge.

Pacer - Is DH just one of those people who dread the holiday season? My dad used to pick a fight with mom every year because of horrible Christmas experiences as a child. It's so much more peaceful now that he's passed away.

Cat - That recipe looks good. Landry's sounds so good too. Maybe I'll go there for lunch.

Cottage - Ouch. Sorry that you sprained your ankle, make sure you stay away from Curves until you completely heal.

Welcome Bex!

Ruth - Sic Hershey on those mice.

Thin - 59 is cold here too!

Schmoodle - Good job on tossing the ice cream cone.

me - I'm bummed that I'm not going to make my exercise goal this month, unless I can get in another 58 minutes today. But I did make my November weight loss goal, finally. We've got DSS this weekend, so I know I can get a jump start on December's minutes.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I'm back

Ruth sounds like your moving right into the spirit of christmas. Yes the scale can me the devil

Stephanie hope everything is okay with you and dh - thoughts and prayers your way

Dawn thanks for pointing that muscle thing out my dh says I workout more than I rest and my body can't catch up

Jenn good luck!

KO hugs to you I always tell people kids will come when it's my time - I guess it's not yalls time yet - thoughts & prayers are with you. Your bfast sounds delish like mexican and I love mexican food

Dixie congrats on meeting your November weight loss goal

I was looking back and noticed I went over my November exercise goal by 29 minutes and I exceded my weight loss goal for this month by 2lbs (7lbs loss)
Yipee!
Closed Thread