Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/300/180

Height: 5'3

Default Goal for december

Hi ya'll.. fairly new here and just thought i would put down some goals for myself for december.. figured if i put em on here i will be more likely to stick with em lol
first goal is to walk at least .5 mile a day.. for me that will really be something since i usually only walk to my car lol.. second goal is to stick to 1700 cals max per day.. starting with that and ill see how i do with it... third goal.. is to lose 15 lbs in dec.. i know that may be a lot, but hoping to lose some water along with fat since im just starting lol...last goal.. and this one sucks cause im gonna hate it lol.. is to do at least 20 crunches per day... i hate, loathe and despise my belly, so figure i should work on it some.. tone the muscles up so as i lose weight itll maybe( hopefully) look better lol... oh, guess there is one more goal.. so this is the last last one lol... to stay motivated.. that i figure is prob the most important one ( and i almost forgot about it lol) since without that, the others wont happen... i'll be reading the forums and posting like a madwoman to help me with that one..hope ya'll dont get tired of hearing from me lol... well, thats it for now...anyone else have any goals we can maybe help each other stick to for dec???
remydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:02 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there. I like your goals! And I think you certainly can do this. Except....... for the 15 lbs one. Is it possible to lose 15 lbs in a month - yup. Is it likely - well..... I think it's "safer" and less disappointing to set up goals that you have absolute control over - like the calorie allotment and the walking ones. Those you CAN control completely, the scale not so much. It will do what it will do, no matter what you do and I'd hate to see you get disappointed - and lose motivation. One more thing, sorry, but I gotta add this in - motivation if all fine and dandy, but it comes and goes and was never, ever enough for ME, but more importantly IMO, is commitment. Once you make the commitment to lose the weight, no matter what, it doesn't matter whether or not you are motivated. It's just something you keep plugging away at - because you've made the commitment.

Good luck to you. You CAN do this. And it sounds like it's going to be a great December for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
good luck on your goals, I am with rockin Robin.. the 15lbs may be easy may be hard( especially during the holiday month), but the exercising sounds great.
My goal is just to maintain my weight. I am having issues with food, and wanting to eat like a hibernating bear. But I do exercise almost everyday and know that this will help me alot. I am glad you have set goals for yourself and I know anything is possible if you want it bad enough.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:37 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Remydey! Sounds like you have great goals for December. Please be assured, we will not get tired of hearing from you...so, please post often!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Hi and welcome!

I think all of your goals sound great although I do agree that motivation comes and goes so perhaps commitment is a better goal for yourself rather then motivation!

I think 15lbs by the end of december sounds nice but I wouldnt want you to be disappointed if it didnt happen. Especially during the holiday season.

I set up my first mini goal to lose as close to 13 lbs as possible by Christmas. In reality I just want to be in the 200s (I currently weigh 305.6 and I started on Tuesday 11/27 at 308lbs). So my first mini goal is to be 295 by Christmas. It is possible! Will it happen? I hope so!!

Anyway, best of luck to you!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:41 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

We love to hear from you, so not to worry - post away!

I think your goals sound great - You can do this!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Remydey...congrats on setting your first goals! I think they are very reasonable...but you might want to be prepared to accept less than 15 lbs. in case that doesn't happen...but if you are truly committed and stick to the eating and exercise goals, and take in lots of water, it really could happen. I would keep your eye on the 15 lbs and aim for it, but be proud of yourself if it comes out less in the end. It takes some time for most people to change their lifestyle and stick to goals like these, so don't expect yourself to be perfect either. That has been my mistake in the past, one slip up and I would say "ruined it now, might as well quit." Now I have learned to accept the slip, stop it immediately, and get right back on plan.

I have written down reward packages for each of my main goals...and I will not buy myself any of the items in those reward packages until I get to that goal. My first goal is to lose 10% of my starting weight, which is 13 lbs. away. I will be hoping to get there this month, but my goal is to get as close as possible.

Rockinrobin---thanks for posting that about committment. You seem to always post just what I need to hear, thank you for sharing your experience and wisdom with us!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:03 PM   #8  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I have set a goal for myself to lose 30 pounds by the new year - and now with 13 pounds left I'm not sure if I'll make it but you all have made a good point... I'm going to get as close as I can

keep us posted on your goal progress remy! you can do it!
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote