Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #278

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies,

Third times a charm. LOL Started this 2 times before and lost it in cyberspace some where. So here goes again on the new thread.

Cristina - Hello there. Hope you have a nice day.

Jules - Tai Chi is coming along. I felt something in my knee while doing it last night so will give it a rest today. DH wants to go do some shopping today so I'll be doing a lot of walking so will make that my exercise for today. I enjoyed the pics of your office. Decorations are beautiful... loved all the snowmen.

Mindee - You made me think I might should make a Contract with myself. Good luck!!!

Jane - I am trying to get some length to my hair... not much just a tad and will have to go for a trim before Christmas. I get mine highlighted about every 2 or 3 months. That way no one knows what is really grey and what isn't. I don't mind being 64... just don't want to look it.

Marti - Sorry your not sleeping. Maybe it is just getting back into the work routine after your vacation. Hope you get your much needed rest this week end.

Hope everybody has a really good & OP day!!!

Hugs,
Trish
Old 11-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

TRISH...I hate when that happens, and it's happened lots to me in the past! Where do you suppose all those lost posts go? Hoping all is well with you today!

MARTI...wonder why you can't get some deep sleep. Hope it happens soon for ya...nothing worse than not sleeping good. WTG with keeping up with your walking.

JANE...hope your hair turned out nice today! I am needing a trim myself...think I will just do it myself again. I've done it myself the last two times...just can't find someone I trust to do it.

MINDEE...I'll have to check that out and see what it is about, even though I am not an Oprah watcher. Hope the kids are well today, as are you and Tommy.

MS SASSY...whacha up too lady?

TAMMY...hope you are enjoying New York for me!

MARYKATE...I was thinking of you and Eric today. When will he be headed to the awful place...at least it's not Baghdad. Josh isn't sure where he will end up. Was supposed to go to Afghanistan last he heard but who knows. That extension messed that schedule up so...hugs to you and Eric.

Hello to everyone else

Got my grocery shopping done as well as some other errands. I was up early, but not as early as I planned. Go tin the 2 mile WATP before leaving though, and did my 25 mintues weights and bike. Will do the 2 mile WATP again today after Jeopardy and that will give me 85 mns. close enough to 90 mns. Water and food are good.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #4  

Good Evening Everybody,

Cristina - I have often wondered that myself. Are those lost posts just floating out in space some where?

Got our shopping for this week done. Went out to eat. Could have stayed OP pretty much, but I didn't. I'm just not doing good with my eating to follow any specific diet. Perhaps with the way I am feeling right now I should just try to eat when I am hungry and don't eat when I'm not and see what happens.

Signing off for tonight & see y'all tomorrow.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 11-29-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:09 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening all,
1 more day till the weekend!

Jules, your office looks so much like my old job place. I will have to take pictures of my office after I decorate it. From what I gather I can do what I want since I did do what I wanted with Halloween...

Jane,,,arghhh I haven't dug out all the decorating,,,its such a big job,,,*do you hear the whine?
Im so close to being finished with shopping,,,just Monte's now. And our neighbours,,,usually those are GC. And of course Monte's birthday also. We aren't going to Sylvan this year...our old neighbours are upset,,,we have spent Christmas eve with them for 14 years,,,except that one time they went to Thailand.

I struggled this week,,,had a flat tire,,,weather turned nasty cold,,,lots of accidents due to the icy roads...I drive to work when its dark,,,and drive home when its dark. I was offered a job,,,and really want to take it but I just can't do the commute.
The weather is going to be -18 C, (which I did the conversion at its -.04F )...
this weekend.
Next Christmas party is on the 8th,,,still not sure what Im going to wear. I have that fashion show that day,,,so my hair and makeup will be done.

Well I should get to bed,,,,
night all
anyone watch Survivor?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:58 AM   #6  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how is every one doing?

I am looking into taking some classes either online or at a local campus for something in the medical field. As it looks right now, the job that Tommy has will hold us over until the new year, and then he is going to look for a better paying job. I wanted to go to college after graduating almost 8 years, but we moved in together and in the process of moving the registration date came and went.....so now is as good a time as ever, right?

Jane~ Tommy had mentioned to me while we were eating dinner on Wednesday night about how he heard about a lady who lost over 500 pounds and was curious about it. I explained to him about the show, and he said "did you see it?" I told him that I hadn't but I would watch it again when they reshow it.

Trish~ Thanks for the good luck! How did the making a contract with yourself work out for you?

Cristina~ The kids are doing well! Marissa was calling "mom" from her bed because she didn't want to go to bed! It was so cute!

just curious is any body has any interesting thigh work outs? I have been doing squats, which are suppose to help that area, but I am looking for other options.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:43 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Adios to November!

Trish - my stylist (married my nephew) fixed my hair a little different this time, and I really like it. She doesn't do highlights, or I'd have those done. I think they look so nice on others. There's a diet based on what you were talking about. It's called Intuitive Eating. Sounds like it might be right for you. Not for me, though. I can't be trusted to stop when I'm no longer hungry.

Cristina - I didn't know you cut your own hair. It always looks very nice in the photos you've shared. You are a real inspiration with the exercise you do. When will you know where Josh is going?

Angie - well, duh, I thought the fashion show was over already! Are you looking forward to it? Neal's b/d is the 10th of Dec. He and I just give each other money for our birthdays. Not very personal, but fun to spend, lol. Why aren't you going to Sylvan this year?

Mindee - I hope you do get to take some classes. Anything in the medical field would be a good career, since all the baby boomers are getting old and need medical attention. Should be lots and lots of jobs available when you're finished with the classes. For your thighs, here's an exercise we used to do in high school. Lay on the floor, on your left side. Keep your legs in line with your torso. Lift your right leg up, as high as you can, w/o bending your knee. Point your toes toward your head, and feel the thigh muscles pull. (Point your toes away from your face to work your calf muscles.) Do as many of these as you can, then turn to the other side, and work the other leg. Do them every other day, and increase your repetitions a few each week. (As a moderator, I have to add this disclaimer - See your own doctor for physical/medical advice.)

Hello to all others.

Today I'm having lunch with niece Carol and DGD Caylin. (Wendy's small chili and oranges - 5 points) Then I'll take Caylin and visit ex-mil in the nursing home. Her therapy is going well, and I think she'll be home by Christmas. After that, we're going to buy groceries. It's cold outside, but sunny.

Food has been good. I'm hoping to at least lose the pound that I gained over T'giving when I get weighed in the morning.

Have a good one!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!

Well today is WI day. Not bad, 146.6 lbs. So I'm PLEASED with that. Up by only .2 . Getting back on track and staying OP makes a HUGE difference. I usually lose my mind and think I can eat it all during the holidays and then think that I can get back to working out AFTER the holidays.

One thing I have cut back on are my lattes. Used to make them everyday (including weekends) Now I make them on M/W/F one week and T/Th the next week. Not the weekends. We'll see how that works.

Jane--Have a lovely time today w/the girls. My girl is bringing her friend again for one night. We're doing some shopping tomorrow. Should be fun. Can you believe today is the last day?? December will be here and then Christmas! I haven't even really started my shopping!!

Mindee--There are all kinds of thigh work outs out there. One I like is this workout thats on Exercise TV. If you don't have that here is a link to the one I do.
http://www.exercisetv.tv/whatsondema...p?id=600664058
It's not long and boy do you feel it the next day! Do it everyday and you'll see results I'm sure.

Angie--How far is Sylvan to where you're at now? And are these old neighbors family? They should be able to understand that as the boys get older, that it gets harder to get together. My family is still trying to figure out which weekend we're going to celebrate together. They better figure it out soon.

Trish--I'm not sure what my problem is lately. But I do hope that I get caught up this weekend. Not sure how that'll work w/two 13 yr old girls giggling all night!

Cristina--You're doing fabulous w/your workouts. And you do such a variety too. Keep up the great work, you're inspiring us all.

Jules--Your office looks great! I need to decorate my cubicle. Not sure w/what yet since we're limited. But the girls do want stocking hung up so we may do that.

Tammy--Hope you're having fun in the Big Apple! Come back and share what fun you had!

Sue--Did you give your mama a hug for me? She is just so darn cute and reminds me so much of my late great grandma. How is she doing? Feeling any better?

Sassy--Where are ya and how are you doing? Pop back in and give us an update ok.

Anita--How are you doing?

Kelton--How was Thanksgiving w/the little one? Bet she had so much fun!

MaryKate--Hugs to you. Please keep us update on how you and the family doing with Eric leaving. Has he gone yet or will he be home for Christmas?

Everyone else that I may have missed....hugs to you!

I need to get this day started and over with. This week just flew for me and I'm not liking that. Why must time fly???

You all have a great Friday and I'll check back in soon.

Hugs!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Happy Friday, Ladies!

JANE...yeppers, in between finding someone to cut my hair I just do it myself, lol. Did she just fix it different or cut it different? Glad you like it. Josh doesn't know where he's going as of yet, hoping he will find out soon. He thinks he is going to have to go back to Iraq. He'll be home for Christmas and then head back to Hawaii, hoping. He doesn't know any dates yet so can't make any reservations and he may not even be able to get a flight home! Hope you have a good lunch/day!

MINDEE...I agree, anything in the medical filed would be good, always in demand! Josh's GF went to school to be a radiologist and decided that wasn't what she wanted to do and will be starting nursing school in Jan. And...it is never too late to go back to school! Glad the kids are well, and as cute as can be!

TRISH...I can't follow a specific diet either. That's why I love WW! I'm not following it now but it's the only program that ever worked because I have to eat what I want. And that is what I am doing now, I eat what I want but watch my portions. Of course I didn't over Thanksgiving, lol. Gained two stinking pounds! Just kind of went astray and didn't care what I ate and didn't get any water or exercise for 4 days, ugh! I am back on track though. But I have never been able to follow a specific plan for more than two weeks I swear. I think we all just have to find what works for us and go with it.

Hello to everyone else!

Today is a laid back day for me. Just going to get my exercise in, aiming for 5 miles, and get some laundry done and gift wrapping. Got a good start on my shopping. Don't have many to buy for so it's pretty easy. Especially for DD, all she wants is the amount we spend on them in a gift card for amazon so she can buy books. I always get her a couple of other things too...just feel like she needs something to open. Anyway...

Have a GREAT day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-30-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #10  
One day at a time

HIYA MARTI!Thanks! I am working my butt off but I was a slacker during THANKSGIVING. It's hard when V is home and all we do is run around. You end up eating out and I didn't make good choices at all. Didn't even want to exercise either but thought I am NOT going to let anything mess this up...gotta keep going. I don't normally get on the scales except once a week but sometimes I do to makes sure I am doing well. I did today and one of the two pounds gained is gone! So hoping the other is by WI next Tuesday! I'm goin gto make sure I don't gain during Chrismtas! Hey, .2 is not bad at all! So WTG to you! You'll have that off in no time, and then some! Have a good day!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #11  

Hello Ladies!!!

Jane - Thanks for telling me about Intuitive Eating. I'm checking into it. I even found a group on 3fatchicks. I looked it up on line and will print out the info on it. I think that might work for me. I was thin the first 22 years of my life because I only ate if and when I was hungry. I know people mean well, but I actually learned to eat "normal" 3 meals and gained weight. I just can't eat ALL the food people say you have to eat and be thin. I'm going to try it.

Cristina - Thanks for sharing. I have gained weight doing WW, SBD and Atkins. Had a doctor put me on a diet one time and told him and my DH that it was too much food for me. Sure enough I gained on it and the doctor accused me of cheating. I went home in tears because I had followed it to the letter. Remember my skinny SIL saying to me "I would gain weight if I ate all that food". I agree with you. We all have to learn what works for us.

Marti - Good luck trying to sleep with 2 13 year olds. I think you will be fighting a losing battle there. LOL

Hi to everyone else and hope we all will have a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 11-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Trish--I agree with finding what works for you--if there was a one size fits all diet that worked for everyone--we would ALL be skinny!! You can tell by this website with all the different things working for different people that there is something for everyone--I haven't found what works for me yet....I do know that if I drink 8-10 glasses of water I do better

Cristina--I agree with Jane--you do a great job on your hair. I do my own color but found a lady who has cut my hair for over 10 years--I love what she does!!

Marti--we ended up all red and green last year and hung stockings--one of the ladies put little blurbs by everyone's saying what they "wanted" for Christmas--it was really funny...

Jane--hope lunch was fun and good luck with that pesky pound!!

Mindee--there is a local program through Social Services that will py to send people to school for short term things--I believe one of them is medical transcription...a friend of Teri's is taking it and almost is finished her certification and they help with placement too. I say it never hurts to get education.

Ang--I am the supervisor so I really don't have to ask anyone. We have a really fun bunch!! I don't know how we will top this year.....

Teri is beginning to dilate and the baby is in the right position!! She has gained a total of 18 pounds and is measuring perfect. The doctor she saw to day commented on how great she looks!! We returned a bunch of stuff and got other stuff...she is really kicking in with the "nesting" She emptied a drawer for the baby towels, wash cloths and bath & lotions and she put all her bottles and such in the kitchen. I have some more stuff to wash up for her but she is so excited....and ready....

Ryan is considering moving to Eugene Oregon...he wants to wait and make sure everything is set with Teri and he wants to go back to Philadelphia with me in April for his bday (we are going to spend the night this time!!) If everything is set he will go by the end of April for a visit and if her likes it he is staying....You girls out Oregon way will have to check up on him for me!!

Last edited by jules1216; 11-30-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #13  

Good Evening ALL

Jules - Looks like we're going to be getting great news of that GB being born soon. Prayers coming your way that everything will go easy for Teri.

I think I found what I am looking for with the Intuitive Eating. I ordered the book from Amazon and will get it some time next week. I have already eaten less today than usual. Went shopping with DH to get his candy he keeps on hand. Decided I could have some, but now that I am free to have it if I want it guess what? I don't want it. I usually love Christmas candy and I saw it, but it didn't even tempt me. Go figure. I met a lady on another group on 3fatchicks that does IE. She said she's lost weight doing this and probably would be at goal already if she would stick to IE and quit dieting from time to time. So thanks Jane for telling me about this. I will keep y'all up on how it works out for me.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 11-30-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:32 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick fly by...Hello and Happy December to you all. I haven't decorated yet, but plan to get things down from storage tomorrow and see what I need to buy. Maybe a new tree....
It is darn cold here, but I walked a mile today. Going to have to step it up if I want it to do any good. Wish I had my treadmill back.
Went to a Festival of Trees last night at which my DGD sang with her show choir from school. Very good show with 6 schools present. The decorated trees were lovely and one sold for $2500.
Feeling a little achy and grumpy...hope tomorrow is better.

I will do indies this week-end. Keep using all of my computer time on realtor sites....looking for a vacation condo again.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #15  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool It's Me, I'm still alive! lol.

Hi All,

I'm still here and alive. lol. Just been busy with work and stress of everyday life. lol. I haven't been a very "good" girl lately, "diet wise". So I just haven't been around, I know you all have your own busy lives and stresses! lol.

The Holiday for me won't be much of a holiday really. I guess that is a bad attitude, but its how I feel. I may as well just volunteer to work it, we could use the extra $$ anyways. lol.

Boy I'm just a ray of sunshine, aren't I? lmao. Oh my mom did get her Doppler Study Done, they said there was nothing critical, they say they would have told her if it was. But she has to wait 3 weeks for the results. So we're keeping our fingers crossed that everything comes back okay.

My mom gets off the 1st week in Dec. She may come up on that weekend, we'll have to wait and see though. Kinda low on the fundage and we all know how expensive gas is and we have to go and get her and take her home and she doesn't exactly live right next door. lol. But DH says he thinks it would be good for the both of us for her to come up because she has been stressed too. So we'll see.

Well I won't bore you any longer. lol.

I hope you all are doing well!

Closed Thread