South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #1  

Default Caffeine Headache

I know we can have stuff with caffeine, but I don't care for the splenda in my coffee or tea.. I used to like it but I tried it yesterday and nearly hurled.. blech... so now what can I do? I can't see me drinking a diet coke for breakfast.

Any thoughts??

Lori
Old 11-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #2  
it's always something

Caffeine headaches go away, so if you are trying to kick it then you'll be fine in a few days Otherwise, you could try other sweeteners like stevia. I've retrained my taste buds so I no longer like sweetener in my coffee or tea (hot or iced). It wasn't easy at first, but once I accomplished it I never looked back
Old 11-27-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 161/161/135

Height: 5'5"

If you like flavored creamers..coffee mate makes SUGAR FREE creamers (powdered) but they are tasty- I really like the french vanilla.

This is one area that I have to cheat a bit-I can't drink the sugar free any more so I allow myself one cup in the morning using regular creamers.

If you decide to try it-put the creamer in FIRST then add the coffee -makes it really creamy...yummy

Last edited by runningkat; 11-27-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Try agave necter if splenda gives you the yucks. Some grocery stores carry it, but most health food stores do. Also try it over some fat free yogurt with almonds on top. Greek yogurt is the best..yum.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm with Cat, i've learned to drink it unsweetened (but I can't go black), but if I want it sweet I use agave nectar. Also, if you put a cinnamon stick in and let it steep for a while, it gives it a mild sweetness.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Most days, I will have a diet soda to get me started and I skip the coffee I my belly is upset (coffee makes it worse but I can handle the coffee in the afternoon).

My (very thin) coworker used to drink a 20 oz. diet coke and pop-tarts every morning without fail. Oh, to be a man with good metabolism (he actually LOSES weight in the winter!)
Closed Thread