Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'2

Default Ear Stapling?

I cannot believe that I am even going to ask, but has anyone had this done? Everything that I see, is "My friend" or "my cousin", any first hand testimonials?
Desperate in Dallas
Old 11-26-2007, 04:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I searched Stapling in the Does it Work forum and found 3 results:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sear...archid=1636173

The overall consensus was - no.

I definitely understand the feelings of desperation, but if you read a lot of success stories on this site from maintainers, they sound eerily similar - eat more healthy foods, eat less junk, exercise. On one hand, it's easy. Everyone knows that an apple is a good snack. On the other hand, it's very very difficult. An apple is a good snack, if you have one handy when you need a snack.

Actually making the leap from "knowing how to lose weight" to "changing my life to accomodate all the planning/packing/cooking necessary to lose weight" was the biggest mental barrier. In my experience, you can't eat healthy by accident.

Good luck!

Last edited by Glory87; 11-26-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:32 PM   #3  
it's always something

Ooops, search results expire after 1 hour, so she may not be able to get anything from that link. I agree, though, there were plenty of first hand testimonials that said it didn't work. I'm pretty sure there was a recent federal warning about this, but can't recall the details. I'll look into that.

Btw, this thread might be helpful
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69403
Old 11-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the link. I did try to seach this forum, but I kept getting an error, and after scanning about 20 pages of threads, I just decided to start a new one.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

Height: 5'6

HAHA
I can't believe I'll admit this but I did the ear stapling. Any attempt at weight loss I'll try. ALLI is my current gimmick... But anyway, ear stappling was a 60 dollar waste of money and discomfort.
Save your money.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #6  

I had my ear stapled a couple of years ago. The doctor was a chiropractor in Weatherford...I see you are in Dallas. It cost $55 for one ear and it didn't hurt too much at first, it gave me a headache though.

I don't think that it worked. I kept it in for 2 months and then I painfully removed it (remover supplied at stapling) and my ear was infected at that point.

I would say don't do it!
Closed Thread