Old 11-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #1  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default I ate so much!

OK, I will be the first to admit that I ate too much and I'm currently suffering for it. We went to Cracker Barrel and I had their Thanksgiving meal, which consisted of about 5 oz of turkey, 2 oz of ham, 1 cup of stuffing covered in gravy, 1 cup of fried okra, 1 cup of mashed very sweet potatoes, one corn muffin with butter. I had three cups of coffee with Splenda and half and half, and for dessert I had their pumpkin pie with pecan streusel topping and a scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream.

I feel like a slug!! I haven't eaten that quantity of food in months and I hardly touch sweets anymore. My poor Sweetie is suffering with me as well. We have already decided to go much, much lighter for Christmas dinner.

The good thing is that I did exercise like crazy this morning and I'll be right back on plan tomorrow...or whenever I'm able to eat again.

Anyone else care to share their gluttony story, or better yet, does anyone want to share how great they did.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Well i ate more than i normally would on a given day, but come on, Thanksgiving is once a year. This is a life time journey. So while i did eat too much, i ate just what i had planned. I said, i would eat one plate. And i ate one plate. The good news is that one plate STUFFED me. And i didnt even eat all of that one plate. But it was uncomfortable, i was so full, i felt stiff. GROSS. But a month ago, i could have eaten three plates. So i was honestly THRILLED that 3/4 of a plate stuffed me. And i was happy that I was so full, i only ate two bites of pumpkin pie. I love that my stomach has shrunk that much.

Cracker barrel sounds good. I did all the cooking this year and we had a lovely day at my house.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Pita, I posted a similar thread just a few minutes ago. I ate a plate of raw veggies first to dim the hunger. Then I ate about 6 ounces of ham, about 3 ounces of turkey, 1/2 cup of broccoli casserole (lower calorie version than usual), about a cup of cornbread dressing (to die for good!), 3/4 cup of sweet potatoes (sugar free so not too bad), 1/2 of a deviled egg, and a couple of tablespoons of fruit salad. Not great but not too bad. Afterwards, I went to help my mom pick up eggs, they have an egg farm and the hens don't care if it's Thanksgiving. I had decided to save my dessert until after then. At that point, I ate some german chocolate cake - 3 pieces. I feel really sick to my stomach. It was great going down, but I don't eat much sweets anymore so I'm really paying for it now.

There is no way I can eat dinner tonight. I'm just trying to drink water to feel a little better.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Non-traditional day for a non-traditional woman!

I ate this for brunch:

1/2 cup white beans with 1 cup of rainbow chard, 1/3 cup leeks, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup each peas and corn, a few pinches of crushed red peppers all cooked in 1 tsp. of extra virgin coconut oil then served with 1 tsp. raw tahini and 1 T. of nutritional yeast

Later, I had 2 cups steamed broccoli served with 2 oz. smoked tempeh, 1/2 cup rainbow chard (spiced up with garlic, red pepper, rice vinegar) and 1 sliced tomato

Next, I had 1 cup red lentil soup (red lentils, kombu, leek, garlic and less than 1 tsp. extra virgin coconut oil).

I also had 1 beer.

In the freezer, I have a chocolate caramel silk pie I just made and I will have a piece later. It's made with tofu, chocolate chips, vegan cream cheese and caramel syrup.

EDIT: I just had my pie (1/8 of a pie). This is the best pie ever. I can't believe it's mostly tofu. I don't think anyone would be able to tell!!!

I may have more broccoli and red lentil soup later if I am still hungry.

Last edited by SoulBliss; 11-22-2007 at 09:17 PM.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #5  

I ate like an idiot today too. But I am on WW and I did plan for this to be my point blowing day! Like one previous poster commented, I got "full" alot more easily than I thought. I did eat some 0 point soup before going and chowed on the veggie tray w/ ff ranch dip I brought.

Tomorrow will be a very light points day for me. I have tried and true tricks in my bag for days like this!
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #6  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I got full a lot easier too. I had one plate where I put a little bit of everything to see what I'd like, then I went back and got another plate with a little more, but by the time I was done I was stuffed! I did not PILE my plates full of food either. You know what I mean I saw everyone else do that, but I didn't even think to do that. A year ago I was piling my plate high too and went through at least 2 of those plates. I could have done better but I'm pretty pleased with myself. I guess I worried all week for nothing! It feels great to have made a change like this... and to think, it will only get better from here. I think I feel a bit excited rather than depressed! Hopefully the scale will agree with me

rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:31 PM   #7  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

I ate so much. I still feel sick. But it is over and things are back on track. My aunt bought butter toffee covered peanuts and I think that my cousin and I ate almost the whole bowel. and I had like 3 pieces of bread (homemade white, cranberry, pumpkin) and 2 pieces of pie and 2 pieces of fudge and this was after my HUGE dinner.... UGH!!!! I probably gained my 20 pounds back. LOL
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:03 AM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dek6 View Post
My aunt bought butter toffee covered peanuts and I think that my cousin and I ate almost the whole bowel.
I hope you mean "bowl".
Old 11-23-2007, 12:27 AM   #9  
I feel fantastic!

S/C/G: 320/ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

I didn't do as badly as I thought I would, I did keep it down to moderate portions and only one helping of everything (except I just had to have another small bit of corn casserole). I have been staying away from the pies though, I know someone is going to try to tempt me but I'm going to try to be strong or if not I'll just have a small sliver of pie.

I did have one family member try to get me to throw the plan out the window just for today, as tempting as it was I tried to keep to what I had intended and so far it has worked. Normally I would have been back for 3rds or 4ths by now.

One down, two more food fest holidays to go

Last edited by Booskie; 11-23-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Booskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:33 AM   #10  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

One day a year, everyone deserves a day off. Tomorrow is a new day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
In the freezer, I have a chocolate caramel silk pie I just made and I will have a piece later. It's made with tofu, chocolate chips, vegan cream cheese and caramel syrup.

EDIT: I just had my pie (1/8 of a pie). This is the best pie ever. I can't believe it's mostly tofu. I don't think anyone would be able to tell!!!
And btw Soulbliss, this aforementioned pie--could you post the recipe for that? It sounds FABULOUS. Also, do you have any idea about the calories involved?

Last edited by kasmin; 11-23-2007 at 02:34 AM.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:01 AM   #11  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile It was much easier than I had thought

I have no explanation why it was easier than I thought. I too am on WW so I knew it was going to be a point buster day but it wasn't in the way I would have expected it. I think what helped is that my Thanksgiving meal was shared with myself and my DH. I am not sure how I would have handled it if I had gone to someone else's home where they don't have the same foods in their home as I now do.

Soulbliss---I have never eaten half of what you mentioned but it sounded really good.

I had the traditional turkey dinner except I forgot to tell my DH to pick up a pumpkin pie! So, I didn't have anything but a peppermint candy as my "dessert". I ate one plate, not over full, and I didn't eat again for another 5-6 hours when I made two cold turkey sandwiches with some skim milk.

That was it! The rest of the day was spent watching movies, playing games and doing a ton of dishes!!

I'm glad it went well for everyone!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/188/130

Height: 5'6"

I didn't count calories (I decided one day wouldn't hurt) and I ate more than normal, but I don't think I did so badly. I could only manage one plate of food and a bowl of dessert, which is a lot less than I usually have. And I did get up and go running this morning, so I think I'm okay.
Rosemund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #13  
Finding My Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasmin View Post
One day a year, everyone deserves a day off. Tomorrow is a new day!

And btw Soulbliss, this aforementioned pie--could you post the recipe for that? It sounds FABULOUS. Also, do you have any idea about the calories involved?
Here it is! It was a nice treat!

Vegan Chocolate Caramel Silk Pie

I used 12 oz. vegan chocolate chips, (melted in a pot over a pot of boiling water, my makeshift double boiler for only 3 minutes) mixing in 4 T. Caramel Syrup (the kind you put in coffee) and then mixed this with an immersion blender in a stainless steel bowl with 1 box Mori-Nu Silken Organic Firm Tofu, and that is it!

Then, I poured it into a Arrowhead Mills Organic chocolate pie crust. Prep time is under 10 minutes!

It's in the freezer now, as it will set faster than it does in the refrigerator.

I did the calorie count and nutritional info. on the entire pie.

Here it is:

If you divide the pie into 8 pieces (16 is fine too!), it has 364 calories per slice, 21 grams of fat, 45 grams of carbohydrate, 6 grams of protein and 0 cholesterol. Hey, it's a lot of calories but it is so worth it once in a while!