Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #1  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Default Just wanted to wish Happy Thankgsgiving to everyone in the USA...

I know some of you wont be here tomorrow,so I am wishing you guys a Happy Thanksgiving today. I hope you all stay on your plan and have a great day whatever you are doing...
I will be cooking for my small family of 4.... Here is my Menu...
roasted Herb Turkey, Roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips and brussel sprouts, Spinach stuffed portabella mushrooms, and a nice salad with lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado, and olives.... and Sweet potato pie for dessert..
I am going to exercise in the morning, and hoping to go walking in the afternoon. I know I can do this and so can you..
Have a great Turkey day.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #2  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Cheryl!! I signed on just now to do this very thing - Wish all of my 3FC friends a very Happy Thanksgiving!!! Guess great minds think alike?
Thanks for starting this thread.

I wish you and yours a happy, on-plan holiday as well - with lots of love and laughter in your circle of family or friends and lots of wonderful memories made. I was just thinking yesterday how I used to look forward to the holidays thinking about all the goodies that would be there - but yesterday I was thinking how nice it would be to visit with family without the burden of work, normal routines, etc., and withouth having to worry about the food making me crash! I'm beyond its control of me, and that is such a WONDERFUL feeling!! I no longer feel like eating the goodies will make the holiday great - but the family time, fun, and games, etc., will make the holiday special - with or without the food.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful time!

RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #3  

That was so nice and thoughtful of you . Thanks.

I love Thanksgiving because it is the one holiday that hasn't been "commercialized". It is merely about enjoying and appreciating your loved ones and your life.

That being said, it is an obvious dieting pitfall of a day. I wish everyone luck with indulging in moderation. That is my goal. Perhaps we should all log on Friday and vent!

Last edited by katmeow; 11-21-2007 at 12:20 PM.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Thanks for starting this thread Cheryl. Your menu sounds divine. Enjoy it and enjoy your family.

Ritzy, I love how you wrote that you will be focused on the day off and the family instead of the goodies. I love it. You are so right. What a wonderful attitude. Thanks for reminding us what the holidays are really about - spending time together with those you care for the most.

Here's hoping everyone has a marvelous, joyous, safe and healthy day, surrounded by those that matter the most to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

It really is about spending time with the people you love most. Unfortunately, I'll be spending my holiday with my family instead.

I see 20 minutes of compliments on my weight, followed by two hours of everybody else's story of somebody they knew who lost a lot of weight and couldn't keep it off, followed by my mother taking me aside to give me a talk on not getting too thin.

Maybe I'll have a piece of pie after all.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Robin41!

Yes, Happy Turkey Day! I hope everyone thoroughly enjoys their holiday! Or at least manages to get it over with peacefully ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

American chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Happy Thanksgiving!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #9  

agreed, have a great holiday guys!
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #10  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Wonderful Turkey Day to all....enjoy yourselves, your families, and the day!

Robin41, the only thing you left out on the rundown of your day is the way certain family members will watch every bite you eat, and those few, dear uncouth individuals who will loudly ask "should you eat that????" ! LOL....family, can't live with them.......
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'9

Have a wonderful day to all of you...I already had my turkey day...so enjoy..I hope it gets you in the christmas mood..

I will decorate my tree today!!

once again,be thankful and have a wonderful day...let it be about family,friends and brussel sprouts....
Lannae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterswife View Post
Wonderful Turkey Day to all....enjoy yourselves, your families, and the day!

Robin41, the only thing you left out on the rundown of your day is the way certain family members will watch every bite you eat, and those few, dear uncouth individuals who will loudly ask "should you eat that????" ! LOL....family, can't live with them.......
Oh Kelly, I LOVE that, don't you? But you know what I really and truly adore (sarcasam, sarcasam), when a member of the "food police" asks me, "Are you ALLOWED to eat that?" Allowed, what the heck does ALLOWED supposed to mean? I'm not sure why everyone thinks that I am an open book and they are free to comment on every bite that I eat, when I wouldn't dream of commenting on the piles of food, good, bad and ugly, that THEY eat.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #13  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hope each and everyone of you Chicks have the best day ever!!!

Last edited by Dumplin; 11-22-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote