Old 11-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #1  

Default Need help choosing..

My hubby and I are looking at LAWL and Herbal Magic. I have heard that HM is Very expensive with supplements costing 2-300 a month (no idea if that is true or not)

I know everyone pays a different amount, but can I get an idea of what it costs? I am in Canada if that makes a difference and I have about 25 pounds to lose.

Thanks for any help you can give me with making this decision...

Lori
alantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:10 PM   #2  
Cathy

S/C/G: 222/198.4/142

Height: 5'1

Hi,

The program cost me 800.00 for a year. Now LA has bars that they try to get you to purchase as well as other products. You can either say yes or no. I will tell you they are pricey. For 20 boxes I paid 350.00 BUT I love them and they are my savior. Not everyone on this site uses them. They will push them on you tho. I am in Canada as well But in the East. I have a friend from Oshawa who joined LA and it cost her 550.00( for the program for the year) so I guess it depends on what special they have going on at the time. Good luck.
Catway8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #3  

I love the LA program I have been on it for 5 weeks and have lost 15.6 pounds. I really like the food plan( no lites for mine) and find it really sound nutritionally. I paid about $750 for 38 weeks weight loss 8 weeks stabilization and 52 weeks maintenance. Look for promos, in my area, BC,they are having an 8 week one (Sorry I don't know the cost) Then you can try it out.
Good Luck with whichever one you choose
Lori
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #4  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

I think it is based on what you want to lose and the weeks they estimate it to take you (@ an average of 2lbs per week). Mine averaged out to be a little less that WW per week. Now, if you buy the bars and other supplements it can get pretty expensive. I bulk purchased bars for my weight loss weeks and couldn't have made it without them. I've tried a lot of their products but you can generally find a less expensive comparable product at the grocery store. For instanceI stopped buying their meal replacements which cost about $20 per 6pack and started using Slim Fast Optima. (I later found that Target brand Ultra Weight Loss Shake is the same as SFO and about $2 bucks less) This forum is a great place to hear those kinds of suggestions. I know absolutely nothing about HM so I can't comment on it. Good luck with whatever plan you choose.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #5  

Thank you everyone...

I keep hearing to look for specials.. where do you look though.. I don't see any pricing on the website at all..

Catway8 - Where in the East? I am from NS
Old 11-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #6  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

My experience was that they would tell you nothing over the phone or at their website. They want to get you in the door.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #7  

The 8 week special here is advertised in the newspaper. Just phone or go in and tell them you want to try it out before you commit to a longer length of time. They want to sell you anything they can. It was suggested to me that you say you have an intolerence to soy if you don't want to use the lites then thay don't try to sell them to you, what I like is that you go weigh in 3 times a week it's really easy to stick to something for 2 or 3 days or to snap out of a binge before it gets way out of control. The diet it's self is nothing new just basic good nutrition, I had gestational diabetes and this diet is almost Identical to the one that the nutritionist put me on.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/185/150

Height: 5'8"

I have a co worker who told me about his sister who as on HM, she lost her weight fast and looked awesome. But the second that she stopped taking the supplements that you have to on it, she gain weight almost instantly. SHe does not recommend any one to start HM.
nightwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #9  

So I called two centres.. Both said they are running a 50% off special.. I then asked if they had a trial program one place said no they don't do that the other said that they work with you to find the right program.

I think I might make an appointment at both centres to see if they have the same info.

Lori
Old 11-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

I am on LAWL and have been since January, but am currently thinking of looking into Herbal Magic. I plateaud in April/May. I was POP (perfectly on plan) up until a month ago, when I started feeling really down and just stopped eating. Only time the scale has moved in 7 months. I am forcing myself to eat on plan again, and my weight is going back to where it was before.

I have heard of several people who plateaud on LAWL, and couldn’t get past it losing the rest of their weight on Herbal Magic. Friends of friends of mine. From what I understand, the food basis is pretty much the same. I haven’t had a chance to talk to them about the supplements yet. If you find out about cost of Herbal Magic, would you mind sharing??
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #11  

I will definitely share what I find out.

My other option is that I have most of the colour information from LAWL that I got from the internet I could just follow that but I dont' have the up-to-date stuff.. I really think I should do a centre though just for the accountabilty.

Lori
Old 11-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #12  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

I paid about 550 for the year. I live in Ontario as well, in the GTA. I did get a promotional price when I joined. I love the program and think it's a great and healthy way to lose. They did try to give me the hard sell for their products but I made it clear that I wanted to lose without supplements. I did get the bars because I have a sweet tooth but did not let them talk me into buying in bulk which was an extortionate amount of money up front. You can always by the bars on ebay or use substitute the Luna bars instead.
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #13  
Cathy

S/C/G: 222/198.4/142

Height: 5'1

Lori,

I am in N-B. I see you may make an appt. I was sold within a half hour of going there. And to be truthful it works. I am on week 14 and down 29 pounds and 18.5 inches. Good luck with whichever decision you make.
Catway8 is offline   Reply With Quote