Old 11-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #1  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take VI!

Welcome Everyone to Take VI!!!!!

Let the weight loss and inspiration continue!!!
nomoredonuts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

Everyone is pumped up!!!! We are going to sail through this holiday. Way to go everyone.

Had a big talk at my center about my willpower problems lately. They were very nice and helpful. I think I am back on track and shouldn't have to spend my days fighting the cravings. It is mental not food. I eat when I am stressed and I eat when I am angry oh and when I am tired. If I deal with those things instead of ignoring them then there is no stopping me. I am sure I am not the only one on here like that.

I was gone too long to say something personal to each and everyone, but you are all amazing and doing so great. You can each do this holiday the way that works for you and still be big losers. Find a way to smile and feel good and the good choices will follow. Stay strong and take care of you. Thanks again for all of your posts and sharing. Together we can do this.
SpringfieldAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:54 PM   #3  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Default Links to Metabolic Research Center Takes 1 thru 5

Hi everyone

I thought it would be helpful to the new "newbies" and a few of us "oldies" to have links to previous Metabolic Research Center Takes 1 thru 5 threads. They are chocked full of great information and answer lots of questions for the beginners.

Take 1: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91733

Take II: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112399

Take III: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117264

Take IV: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...32#post1872332

Take 5: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126183
nomoredonuts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

WOW! This is just so exciting!

So - I have another question. If we were to go off plan a little bit tomorrow, how long does it actually take the body to get back into ketosis? Just curious - I'm of course going to do the best I can, but just wondering.

Also - WI last night and down 2 lbs. from Friday. WOOHOO!!! Total is 8 lbs. and counting!

I LOVE this plan!!!

Rae
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #5  

Also - diced cucumbers and diced apples with some lite raspberry vinegrette...who would have thunk it that those would taste good together? Not me - but it's way yummy!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #6  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

Geez it took me two days to catch up...on take 6 now WOW!!!
donuts Your picture is amazing-you look awsome and I'm sure your kids will remember this huge accomplishment. What a great role model u are for them.
Desi We have close to the same ##s and its always important to know that we may not have as big a losses every week, but we'll get there. Congrats on retiring your old jeans!! That's the best feeling ever. I have two closets in my house that were full of clothes from size 4-14, not kidding FULL to the point the bars had to be reinforced. I seperated them by size once I started program (instead of season like b4). Every time I find something too big I get to go shopping in my "skinny closet". I have a huge box on the floor of by "fat closet" that I'm filling up to sell to Plato's closet. It's really cool to see it get fuller and my "skinny" closet get emptier.

Confession time...I was in New Orleans for a few days, I had decided I was going to cheat once a day and took fat blockers. I cheated a LOT, skipped meals in favor of Hurricanes and Hand Grenades! I won't go into the meals I DID eat because you'll all kick me out, but I was bad. Here's the thing, I came home CRAVING green vegs and I've NEVER done that. I also came down with a terrible cold that kept me down for another 4 days. I did lose .5 lbs, but I will never do that to myself again. It just makes you feel AWFUL.
cargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #7  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

Yeeehaaaaw!!!!

My center was mobbed this morning with off-work teachers and folks getting ready to travel but the weight was worth it. I was down 4.5 pounds since Saturday!! It gets easier and easier to do this and I'm so glad we're in it together. I told my MRC person how much I love this website and the positive energy I find here

Amy: No, you aren't the only one who eats when angry, tired, bored, lonely, sad, celebratory, etc. There's a wonderful book about this by Geneen Roth called [U]When Food is Love[I]. I'll bet if you took a poll, everybody here knows that habit of using food to meet every other kind of need. After my husband died last year, I spent about six months on the sofa eating Uh-Oh Oreos and Santitas tortilla chips. It numbs pain but ultimately makes it worse because here I am, trying to take off the 30 I gained in addition to the 50 I already needed to lose. But, oh well. I'm on my way, girls!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, YOU GUYS!!
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Height: 5'7"

If I may, I would like in on that exercise challenge. I don't have any cardio equipment, but I have a vast library of unopened exercise videos.

I went to my center today because they are doing a little motivational contest. If you weigh in today and again on Friday you get two extra weeks. If you have a 0.5 pound loss between those times, you get a breakfast bag.

So…I stepped up on the scale almost three hours after my weigh in time and I am down 0.5 from Monday. I am feeling much better. I was really beating myself up over not reaching the 24 pounds in two months. Yesterday was my two month MRC Anniversary and today I am officially down 24 pounds. The second month seemed to go so much faster than the first month. I am hoping for all the remaining months to go just as fast.

Congratulations everyone on your weight loss.

Oreo great job on signing the 50 pound board! You may shout from the rooftops anytime!

texdoc - WOW! 4.5 pounds! Congratulations! I would love to be able to do that.

Does anyone know if we can donate blood while on this program?

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving!
4my2ltl1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #9  

Oh - I'll get in on the exercise challenge as well. What is the goal? How many times per week, or total minutes?

I do kickboxing twice per week already, and I need to step it up a notch and do that third day of something as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #10  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemi13 View Post
WOW! This is just so exciting!

So - I have another question. If we were to go off plan a little bit tomorrow, how long does it actually take the body to get back into ketosis? Just curious - I'm of course going to do the best I can, but just wondering.

Also - WI last night and down 2 lbs. from Friday. WOOHOO!!! Total is 8 lbs. and counting!

I LOVE this plan!!!

Rae
Great job!
Conventional wisdom is about 3 days to get back into fat-burning mode. But keep in mind that if you do hang off the wagon a bit (or fall off completely like I did last year & will again this year), you still aren't eating enough in one day to gain even one pound of fat. So much of Thanksgiving food is really sugary and/or starchy, so the extra carb load will cause a temporary increase in water weight. It'll help if you drink extra water tomorrow, and for the next few days after; try to get in some exercise tomorrow & up it a bit over the next couple of days. Just don't throw up your hands in despair & give up! The gain is only temporary, the change in overall long-term lifestyle is permanent!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Donuts: Thanks so much for starting the new thread-- I don't really know how to do that, not that I have tried.

ShineOn: Thanks for your words of encouragement! I would like to meet you, too! I have looked at your picture on the profile, if I see you at the center, I will introduce myself. I need to figure out how to put my picture on..... I am not too computer savvy.

Everyone else that I can't keep track of:
You are all doing great! I agree with whoever said tomorrow is a day of choices and whatever your choice is and however you deal with it, the important thing is that you jump back on the bandwagon on Friday. I am planning to WI on Friday morning, I am hoping that will be in my head tomorrow. I baked pies this afternoon and really I am fine with that, I am not really craving that. I also made the strawberry banana jello-- really liked that! A new treat. Much better than just slammin' a HNS.

People are really starting to notice my weight loss, I have a little trouble dealing with that. I just say, oh yeah, I am working on it. My mom even asked me today, point blank, what are you doing? So, I told her. I hadn't told her because when I mentioned MRC before I joined she was really negative and said those places, you lose and then you gain it all back and more. So, I had been avoiding the conversation with her. I had this big lecture I was going to give her when she did say something, but I didn't. I decided to let it go. Why is it when people get older they often say hurtful things without really knowing it?

Sorry for the rant, just enjoying my afternoon off, we got out of school at 11:30 today, I am so ready for a few days off! Happy Turkey Day!!
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

WOW, Take VI already! Thanks, Donuts, I didn't have the patience to find out how to start it!

Raemi and anyone who's interested, a few of us are increasing our exercise between now and New Year's. There's no admission price, no goal, no minimum number of minutes or times per week.... just increase your exercise for the next 41days.
Mary V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

I will join that challenge!! I have been telling myself I need to get going- maybe this will give me the boost I need!
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #14  

Ok, I'll take the challenge too! I have a gazelle in out storage building and have been planning on bringing it in the house the last few weeks, so....this is a good reason to get on with it. I don't get much exercise and now that it gets dark early, I don't walk. The gazelle seems like a good alternative. Certainly better than doing nothing!
tmich56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:11 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6''

Thanks donuts - I was gonna get this thread started and didn't...you know how it goes...things come up.

I WI'd today and lost 3.5lbs!! That takes me to 82.5lbs lost. I signed the 80lb board and had new pictures taken for my file. Pretty exciting. I WI'd with the district manager and she is really wonderful to WI with. She told me when i get to my goal that i should come work for MRC. I laughed and told her it's a deal! She said, "no, seriously...you would be inspirational to new clients". Pretty stinkin cool compliment if you ask me. She asked me about my Thanksgiving plans and i told her I wasn't really worried about food. She said, their general advice is that if there is something you just can't live without...have one or two bites and no more. I don't think I'll run into problems tomorrow but if I do, I'll remember her advice.

I should really join in on the exercise challenge just to see how it effects my loss rate. I've lost 5lbs a week consistantly while on vacation (I lose 2.9 average a week normally) and I think it's because I walk alot more on vacation...I'm thinking that is a good indication that I should probably add walking to my daily life, huh? I'll think about how I want to commit to this and get back to you all about that.

Happy Turkey Day Ladies and Donuts! I'll see ya on confession day
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote