Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default The Biggest Loser ***NO SPOILERS****

Have you guys been watching??? Our "OFFICE" BL club has been doing great, I've dropped 10 or 11 lbs., but another girl who's a lot smaller than I am has dropped 28 lbs OMG!! she's like Kae - kinda small but a machine!!

and what do we think of the "commercial breaks" that are IN the show??? it wasn't always so blatant was it???

Kim stolling with B., telling him ways other than food to unwind and destress, "go for a walk, read...or chew Wrigley's spearmint gum, it's really refreshing and will help with stress" LOL i burst out laughing
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hiya Trazey. Love the big "No Spoilers" in your title. I remember the big bruha about that last time. I love watching the Biggest Loser, but the commercial breaks just drive me crazy! And, please please don't repeat the last 30 seconds when you come back from commercial break. We've been there and done that and don't really care to do it again!

I'm on the Blue team for the Biggest Loser Challenge here on 3FC. So far, I've lost a whopping 6 pounds. Not exactly the amazing numbers I was hoping for.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 11-21-2007 at 09:27 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'9

ahhh what a great inspirational show...Im glad it is on right now,during the "seasons"..it kind of keeps you in check...and makes you feel if they can lose 50,umm I can lose 5...hey...small goals and steps...

and yes,if your stressed chew wrigleys..lol..I would of laughed if he would of said "no I prefer extra,thanks!"...hey two commercials in one!!...

I did learn that out of about 5 pies,that pumpkin has the least amount of calories..

thanks for this thread..
Lannae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I was excited to see the ad for the NEXT BL -- they're doing a biggest loser "couples" starting in January! whoohooo -- it's weird, i know it's just a tv show, but it just being "on" helps me keep focused on what I'm doing! same with this 3FC board! It's like without it i "conveniently forget" that I'm eating right LOL

Yay for 3FC! yay for biggest loser! hehehehe
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

*edited to avoid spoilers*

I had the ads IN the show and the ads OUT of the show, I have to record the show and then play it back, fast forwarding over all the commercials. There are WAY too many. I also hate how they replay the last 30 seconds before the break - hello, it was 3 minutes ago, I REMEMBER.

Since the show has actually aired - when is it safe to discuss details from the episode?

Last edited by Glory87; 11-21-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I love the show too & also find the ads/repeating annoying. But then again it is 2 hours long now instead of an hour.

This season I don't find I'm in love with any one player like in previous seasons. I don't find myself really rooting for anyone in particular.

I do find it very motivating to watch though, especially when they are working out. I like to see that others sweat as much as me - lol!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'9

you know what,I have to agree...over the past few years,I felt connected with one or two of them,and this year...not so much..sure they all have alot of weight to lose,but maybe they are showing too much of the challenges and the back stabbing instead of their struggles...for me,that is how I get connected,bringing something to heart something that tears at my heart,or makes it real...

it is a great show,and I soo enjoy it all...but when you show more of the game for me,its not as warm and fuzzy...I would so be kicked off,I would be like sure I trust you!teehhee....
Lannae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
I loved the transformations last night, I got all teary-eyed when everyone met their significant others (or family). Well, except when Hollie met her friend - does Hollie not have any family? Didn't she just have a death in the family recently? Just seems slightly odd, for 2 rewards, not a peep about a family member!

Anyway, thought Kae had the best dress and I loved the necklace she got.

I had the ads IN the show and the ads OUT of the show, I have to record the show and then play it back, fast forwarding over all the commercials. There are WAY too many. I also hate how they replay the last 30 seconds before the break - hello, it was 3 minutes ago, I REMEMBER.

Yikes! Spoiler! I haven't gotten a chance to watch the lastest episode!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Sorry - I didn't realize I spoiled anything significant! All the ads for the show discussed the transformations I carefully did not reveal who was voted off or any of the challenge winners!

I edited my response to remove the spoiler, but you quoted it, heh.

When can we actually discuss the details of the episode?

Last edited by Glory87; 11-21-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I'm now rooting for Neil. I hated Neil all season but his little speech last night about having to beat the best to be the best turned me around.

Personally I've just about had it with Julie. With all that support she's basically lost no more than any of us could do at home and yet she's all about playing the game and getting rid of those who are successful. "I can't compete with you so you have to go home." Ticks me off.

The "commercials" are a joke. "Perhaps we should bring some Nabisco 100 calorie packs with us." It's so bad and yet I'm watching all two hours of it.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannae View Post
you know what,I have to agree...over the past few years,I felt connected with one or two of them,and this year...not so much..sure they all have alot of weight to lose,but maybe they are showing too much of the challenges and the back stabbing instead of their struggles...for me,that is how I get connected,bringing something to heart something that tears at my heart,or makes it real...

it is a great show,and I soo enjoy it all...but when you show more of the game for me,its not as warm and fuzzy...I would so be kicked off,I would be like sure I trust you!teehhee....
I agree 100%. I don't care about the backstabbing. Make me feel something for the players other than, "Wow, what a jerk."

And the "advertisements" within the show are a ing joke. Sugar free Jello? REALLY? You think heavy people don't already know it's 10 calories? And COOL WHIP???!?!?!?!?!? You've got to be kidding me. Even the fat free stuff has hydrogenated oil in it. How is that healthy? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, drives me nuts.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 11-21-2007 at 01:48 PM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #12  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

I like the "commercial" when they were packing to go away and they packed the 100 calorie packs. It was 2 of the girls but I forget who. And one of them was like there is sweet or savory and we know that we are only getting 100 calories. then it showed them eating them when they were getting their hair done.....

I can not stand Neil. He irritates me SOOOOOO bad.... even before the incident with him gaining 17 pounds on purpose I didnt really like him but now after that I cant stand him even more.

I agree that their isnt one person that I love. I like them all except Neil. And Isabeau kinda gets on my nerves. But I wouldnt care if she won. Oh and I really like B

Last edited by dek6; 11-21-2007 at 02:02 PM.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #13  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace View Post
And the "advertisements" within the show are a ing joke. Sugar free Jello? REALLY? You think heavy people don't already know it's 10 calories? And COOL WHIP???!?!?!?!?!? You've got to be kidding me. Even the fat free stuff has hydrogenated oil in it. How is that healthy? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, drives me nuts.
Yeah, all the product placement and artificial crap being presented as healthy really gets me too, especially during the "Green" episode where Jillian (and I LOVE Jillian) said that she feeds her people all natural and organic, then does the promo spot for the nasty gum.

Last edited by SoulBliss; 11-21-2007 at 02:46 PM.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Sorry - I didn't realize I spoiled anything significant! All the ads for the show discussed the transformations I carefully did not reveal who was voted off or any of the challenge winners!

I edited my response to remove the spoiler, but you quoted it, heh.

When can we actually discuss the details of the episode?
In general it's safer to discuss an episode 3 hours after it finishes playing on the East Coast. (Which means it's finished on the West Coast.)

However, in forum land (and I mean forums in general, not 3FC specifically) if something is cited as "spoiler free" it means it does not have ANY spoilers no matter how far into the future a reply is posted beyond the date it was created. (Since most of the time things on the internet move along so fast that these specific spoiler free threads don't last too long anyways.) Usually though, if you want to talk about something that happened five minutes ago you can find threads that say "spoilers" or the date of the show or something to let you know that there may be details discussed.

Edit: I don't watch this show, but it's happened with other series that I do enjoy, so I understand the situation.

Last edited by Lovely; 11-21-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 292/?/150

Height: 5ft6in

I agree with everyone about the "commercials" and the repeats after every commercial. Kind of an insult to my intelligence!

I will say I really am rooting for B. A couple of weeks ago Kim was really going at him about his calorie intake. It was too low. She was telling him that she couldn't spoon feed him and he had to take some responsibility. Later they showed him telling her how hard it was to eat more because he felt that was what got him fat in the first place. (my paraphrase). I sooooo related to this one. I have been training for a triathlon and just got out of a 3 month stall because I couldn't seem to make myself eat enough to sustain the training and lose weight. It has been a huge emotional hurdle for me. For the holidays I've backed off my training a little and the weight is coming off again. I really get the whole "eating a bunch makes me fat" struggle, incorrect as it is.

So go B, go!!!

Does anyone else get pumped when the theme song goes "what have you done today the makes you feel proud" and everyone is busting their buts in the gym? Never mind Bob and his awesome sideways handstand (don't even know what you call it)
Shellyknits is offline   Reply With Quote