Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability/Planning/Menus November 19-25

Need some accountability? This is a great place to get it!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #2  
mj5

Hi everyone! Ever have one of those mornings when everything you touch goes bad. That's what is happening to me today. The good news is, I am keeping it all in perspective, it's nothing important (thank goodness)--just irritating stuff. Well, the skunk smell that I woke up to at 3am is pretty important, but the good news is hubby seems to have that all taken care of now...except for my car--it still smells a little skunk-y.

I will NOT let all of these little things throw me today. I have packed my lunch and will eat what I brought from home. I will go to the gym right after work. Dinner is leftover whole wheat pasta w/ roasted veggies (it was SO good last night!) so I can relax when I get home--yippee!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:57 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good day everyone!!
Sorry about the bad day Mj
I had another bad weekend, food wise, but I exercised and I went hiking for 2 hrs on Sunday, only the scale will tell on Wednesday .. I may have to to do what I read another poster saying, just be happy right now with mantaining, and after the New Year continue on loosing. I am accepting it and not giving up, I know I can loose the weight,and I am not going to stop .
I had to take hubby to work @ 4:30 this morning, and then I had to see a performance at my dd school @8:00 in the morning, so I only got 45 minutes on the elliptical in, and am ok with this.
Bkfst. was a banana, honey with steel cut oatmeals.
lunch was..... or is.. smoked salmon with 2 okra bugers and hummus( no bread)
dinner...... salad with tuna or eggs....
snacks.... fiber one bar, yogurt,
I can do this today.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks! I did okay over the weekend except indulged a little Saturday night with a small piece of cheesecake. Otherwise on plan though!
Today Breakfast was an open faced turkey sandwich with spinach and lowfat provolone.
For Snack I had a hardboiled egg and some V8.
Lunch will be leftovers from last night - chicken breast, stewed tomatoes and zucchini, and 3 bean salad.
I'm planning taco soup for dinner with salad, and I'll have an apple and a latte for afternoon snack. Yogurt for a bedtime snack.

mj5, gotta love those days when you don't have to cook!
cheryl, now that the holidays are here, I am not going to worry much about losing until the new year either. I will keep trying and if I do I'll be thrilled, but if I maintain that's okay too. I've got 2 lbs. to go to Christmas goal, so hopefully I'll be able to manage that. Anything else will be icing.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #5  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Back down to 280.5, hopefully I won't screw anything up and will be on my way down to 279 tomorrow!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

MJ5, sorry about the bad start. Hope it improves.
Cheryl, a 2 hour hike! That’s great.
Bravo Rakel!!!

I had 2 spoonfuls (1 cup maybe) of cheesy potoatoes yesterday, but caught stopped myself from eating more. I then had the last bite of pie my dd left on her plate when I was cleaning up. I wanted to open the fridge and eat the last half of the pie, but I didn’t. I decided not to guilt over it, but rather to focus on my success of not eating more. I’m just not going to do it again right away.

Last edited by missy3gal; 11-19-2007 at 12:29 PM.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #7  
mj5

Hi again!

Cheryl--I think that other poster has some good advice. You can do this (we all can) and will do this (we all will--together) and sometimes something has to give a bit!

Schmoodle--Good for you! Yea, I LOVE leftover days! I mean, I really enjoy cooking when I have the time, but it's really nice knowing all we have to do is heat it up!

Rakel--Congrats!

Missy--Congrats on being able to stop yourself!!!

Thanks for the support! The good news is I am not letting myself get overwhelmed or lose perspective (who is this person?!)....normally I would totally lose it over these stupid little things--but that's all they are! Life is too short to get all upset over these little things. I am trying to apply this to my work stress too....I can only do so much (easy to say right now).

Have a great day!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Had a pretty good weekend, but I am still stuck at my current weight. I'm not too worked up over it because I know I'm doing some good, healthy stuff now and it will work out at some point. I feel better, clothes are fitting good, and the kids and I are having so much fun working out together. I would love to see the scale move, but it will come when it comes.

MJ - Good for you not letting it get to you. It gets irritating with those little annoyances! I'm trying to not let work get to me over the next 2 days. I am so much looking forward to a nice long weekend!

Rakel - Good job on the weight loss! Woo hoo!

Missy - There's your victory! You stopped yourself and didn't make it worse. That's the good thing!

Schmoodle and Cheryl - It doesn't make much sense to make ourselves completely unhappy over the holidays, so I think I'll join you with being patient about losing weight. Maintenance is probably a victory when you consider the holidays!

Have a great day, everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #9  
is recommitted

Oh man, I don't know how I'm goign to make it through Thanksgiving guys... I have been solicited to make some fudge... and my fiance's mom alone is bringing 2 pies. It's going to be difficult to stay away when the whole reason we're getting together is to eat! I think I will just take teaspoons of everything, lol.

Last edited by rakel; 11-19-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

B-Fest-I had 2 pcs of sourdough bread with yogart butter spread

lunch-Chicken with Rice soup, half an avacodo, and a serving of Cottage dbls ( cottage cheese with fruit )

supper-prob soup again.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning! I have no idea why in the world I am awake so early, but I couldn't see staying in bed tossing and turning, so here I am!

Diane--It sounds like you are doing great! I know that soon you will hop on the scale and see a big loss! I am looking forward to a nice long weekend too!

Rakel--You can do it!!!

Rhonda--How was Disney?

Nicole--How are you?

Laurie--How's the knee holding up?

I did go to the gym right after work. I did modify my planned workout--I was running late and my knee really hurt. I only did 30 mins of cardio, but the 'old' me would have skipped it altogether, so I am glad I did something.

Have I mentioned that my hubby is wonderful? He knew I was having a bad day, so he made sure the house was picked up, he fixed my jacket when I got home (one of the 'little things' was when I stopped for coffee, I put my car keys in my pocket and zipped it shut only to zip part of my coat in the zipper! Of course it couldn't have been the pocket w/ my work keys!! Anyway, I was able to get it open enough to get my car keys out at the store....The other good news is that last night it was cold and windy (never thought you would hear someone wish for that would you?!) and that got rid of the skunk smell around our house!

Today is another busy day at work---full of meetings. I am going to the gym right after work and then have a few errands to run on my way home. I probably won't have time to check back in until tomorrow, so have a great day!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 AM   #12  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all!!
Thanks for all the great advice!!
I am up 2 lbs( this is not my weigh in day), and maybe this will shake me up enough to stop what I am doing. I know 2 lbs are nothing to beat myself up about, so I will stop this and not gain more. I am going to exercise soon, and eat right. Bkfst........ steel cut oatmeal, honey, banana...
lunch...... dr praegers veggie hamburger with tomatoes
dinner. tuna...
snacks....... fiber one bar, oranges, rice cakes.....
I can do this today.
I got to go exercise... have a great on plan day!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #13  
is recommitted

279.5!!!!!

It's about friggin time. I hope I can keep up this momentum!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #14  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Good job Rakel! You are doing so well!!!!!! Awesome.

I'm not so good today.... Pizza Hut for lunch.... I'll get back in gear for the rest of the day, though.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #15  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone! I've been doing some lurking and trying to pull myself together. The trip to Disneyworld was exhausting! Its so much different going with my family than going with a group of middle school girls. And, I didn't do so great with staying on-plan. We had meal vouchers for each day that were included in the cost of our trip. Of course, the meal vouchers were for the quick serve "restaurants" with fast food. Anything remotely on-plan had zero taste and was totally unsatisfying. Of course, my all-or-nothing mentality kicked in and I went totally off-plan. I ended up gaining 1 1/2 pounds this week after maintaining for two previous weeks. I am very discouraged with myself right now. I've been struggling for the last month and can't seem to get it together.

MJ - Sorry to hear that your knee is still hurting. How soon will you know if the shots are working? My knee really gave me big problems on this trip. All day Friday and Saturday, I was hobbling around the parks and rubbing Aspercreme on it every 4 hours. Then, Sunday, it did'nt hurt at all. I really don't understand what's going on. I would think it would hurt worse by Sunday.
Cheryl - Sorry to hear that you also had a bad weekend. And, really sorry to hear about the two pounds today. I'm thinking that I might have to settle with maintaining, too, but, I'm having a hard time doing that. I havent lost anywhere near what I'd like to lose this year. I'm going to keep trying, but consider it a 'win' if I can at least maintain.
Schmoodle - you are doing great! One small piece of cheesecake is no big deal.
Missy - Great job of stopping with 2 spoonsfuls of cheesy potatoes and one bite of pie.
Diane - Its great that your kids will work out with you. That must be so motivating. I just asked my daughter (11) if she would re-consider walking with me 3 times a week. She still refuses to do so. You are so blessed to have your children's encouragement.
Rakel - Congratulations on making it into the 270's!

Hope everyone is enjoying their evening. I'll check back in tomorrow. No more lurking and pouting...I promise.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote