Old 11-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #1  

Default Slimmin' Sistas Thanksgiving Thread

Well this one should last us until Christmas LOL!!!!

How's everyone? We're sick again. DS had a fever of 105.1 today! DD's was 101.2 My doctor was closed (apparently they are closed now every Friday), no other dr in town could get us in so we stayed at school until 4:00 and went to the new after hour care clinic. Both got two throat cultures (they screwed up the first one), and DS got chest x-rays. Luckily all is negative and they agve us the old "it's just a virus has to run its' course" schpeal.

My weight is way way up. Jen I am right there with you!!!! I can't seem to get a grip. I've been saying this for like a year! It's depressing,

UGHHHHHHHHHHH! My FIL just came in. I'm in a t-shirt for bed. We were all set to go up the DS asked to stay up for 10 minutes, so I popped in the office to post here. Now I am stuck in here until FIL leaves! I hate living here.

Anyway. my crazy schedule and everything is just stressing me out. I keep eating junk instead of meals. I have no time to pack lunches. But I need to start. We're buying fast food junk for the kids for their lunches and that's not ok. I don't know what to do.

Have a great night everyone!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:05 AM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I don't know about where you live Misty but here my ds had 2 nutrition/fitness breaks during the day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. He eats very little but what I do is send stuff that will not go bad if he doesn't eat them, most of it ends up getting eaten as an after school snack. What I send...a juice box (and he gets a milk at school), cheese strings, yogurt tubes, granola bar, whole wheat crackers, a small apple, cut up red pepper strips or an apple or baby carrots, sometimes a slice of bread folded in half with nutella. So it is stuff that I can whip together the night before and in 1 minute in the morning. I'd say that is pretty healthy. Sometimes he'll talk me into buying Lunchmates...don't know if you have this in the US, it is prepackaged thing with crackers,meat, or sometimes a small fajita or something like that.

I'm flipping sick as well, just a rotten cold, I'm just getting over the flu from a few weeks ago and now I have a cold. I was stupid enough to come into work tonight as well, I should have stayed home!

Yah I know what you mean, it is very depressing to realize that it is only a few weeks til the new year and nothing has been accomplished, in fact for me things have only gotten worse as far as my weight goes. I just don't know what to do anymore. If it weren't for that we are trying for another baby I think I might look into WLS. I kind of thought about it earlier this year but then we decided about a baby, you'd think I'd be motivated to be healthier for that reason alone but thus far....

Anyway that is my sob story, just so you're not alone Misty! Hope the kids are feeling better and you are having a quiet weekend. Take care.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:31 AM   #3  

Good Morning!

I am feeling a bit less stressed. The washer is fixed. So I am cranking laundry as fast as it will go. I have probably 12-14 loads to go.

Your son's lunches sound very healthy! My kids are now in daycare full time. The same daycare where I teach preschool. They are given snack twice a day and I have to provide lunch. The biggest issue of late with packing them lunch is the fact that we never grocery shop. We just don't have time. So there is literally nothing in the house to pack. It kind of goes in cycles. We'll shop and for two weeks we're good. Then for two weeks we're out of food so we buy them stuff in town.

Often I get lunch packed for them and not for myself. So if I have time I grab whatever I can that is fast. Often I don't eat a thing until 3:15 when I get done at the school. Not good.

Isn't it funny how we know things should motivate us to do better and yet we don't? I bet we could think of a hundred reasons a day to do better, and yet we don't.

Well have a great weekend! We're gearing up for a trip to NC next week. So I have tons to do.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #4  

Hi!!

I'm getting really frustrated with the whole weight loss thing. Sometimes I honestly wonder if it's worth all the agony. My highest weight pre-pregnancy was 182. While pregnant, I gained way too much (I honestly don't really know how I did it, since I didn't go crazy with the eating or anything), but now that my son is 4 months, I'm still at 204. I was at 158 summer, 2006. I'm so bummed.

I've got a cold, too. It seems like everyone is sick. At least something good came out of this--I got to cancel my dentist appointment

Misty, Jeanne worked at the chocolate store, right? I always liked her. Any word from any of the others?

Miss you guys. Hopefully I'll have time to be around more. Take care.
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #5  

Hi all!

I just got back from the dr. My right eye is blurry. I had this thing where it was all red this summer, and now I can't wear contacts. Then this weekend it got all blurry. I may need a new prescription in my glasses, but the dr said I also have alot of swelling on the right side of my sinuses b/c I also have a cold. This swelling could cause irritation to my eye. He gave me a nasal spray and referred me to an eye dr.

Steph, hang in there! It is frustrating. I am 30 pounds heavier than my highest pregnancy weight! We'll get there. Are doing meetings or going it on your own? Are you back to work? Do you have a way to exercise? Are you nursing?

Well, I better get stuff packed. We leave for NC tomorrow night after work. So I have to get everything done now. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:40 AM   #6  

That's pretty scary about your eye, Misty. Is it any better now? I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't wear my contacts. My glasses are an extremely old prescription, so I don't even think I could drive. I plan on getting new ones next year. I just been putting it off!!

Have fun in NC!

Hi, Jen. Are Lunchmates the same thing as Lunchables? That's what we have here.

Take care of yourself. You only have one you!!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #7  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Last edited by MistySeptember; 11-22-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:31 AM   #8  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi Steph...yeah Lunchmates, Lunchables...probably the same thing. I was very lucky after I had my son I lost all the weight within 3 weeks, I'd gained almost 50 lbs but it was all baby and water. The problem was that I just started gaining again and right now I'm in the vicinity of my all time high pregnancy weight and I'm not pregnant.

Hi Misty, hope you have a good time in NC and your eye is better!

I'm really frustrated right now for a couple of reasons. My husband and I have been trying to conceive and it just isn't working. Firstly my cycles were way out of whack coming off the pill and now my husband has been sick so we haven't been baby dancing when we should. These past 2 months have actually been rather regular so I thought this would be a good month to try and then he wasn't feeling well. Now today he says to me that if I was really wanting to have a baby that I would have just 'jumped him' regardless of whether or not he was feeling well. So I don't know exactly how to take that. Pretty po'd about it for a couple of reasons. He's supposed to want this baby too and shouldn't he be going the extra mile as well even if he isn't feeling 100% and why should I not respect the fact that he says he is sick? I wouldn't want him jumping me when I say that I am sick. So I've been off the pill since June and I've been gaining weight and feel like I've wasted all these months. I was on a weight loss med and it was actually working. I went off it when we decided to TTC and I feel like if I'd stayed on it (I had 3 more months of prescription left) that I might have broken the 200 mark and I really think that would have motivated me to keep going. So now I'm at a bit of a crossroads in a way. I'm wondering about having another baby, if it is what I really want to do (and for other reasons, not the weight loss issue). I've always said that if I didn't have another baby by the time I was 40 that would be it. Well that is coming up May 2008. I was starting to think as long as I was pregnant by the time I was 40 but now I am having second thoughts. It is so difficult to know what to do.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #9  

Misty and jen, I'm going to send you a PM (if I can figure out how to do it again!)
Old 11-27-2007, 06:49 AM   #10  

Hi all!

Just a quick not before I head back to work....very hard after a week off!

Jen-I can understand your frustration, and the pressure your facing. I don't really have any words of advice for you, just a . You can't be the only one responsible for deciding if and when...dh has to step up and commit one way or another. I think it was perfectly reasonable for you to respect the fact that he was sick and if he thought otherwise he should have indicated such and got the ball rolling so to speak. Maybe you need a serious sit down? I don't know if it would do much good, if your husband is anything like mine. But, it's too much on one person to make all the decisions. I hope it all works out!

Have a great day everyone! I think i've found you Steph, I just need to figure out how to get back LOL. Shouldn't be too hard. Are you coming over Jen?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:28 PM   #11  

Aw, man. Sawyer has been so sick. He has ear infections in both ears. Poor little guy!

Jen, I think I'd be mad at your dh too. It takes two, and I think you were merely being respectful. Geesh, men.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #12  

Poor Sawyer! Ear infections are no fun. I hope he feels better!