Old 11-19-2007, 08:48 AM   #1  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Nov 19 - 25 Losers and Friends Thread

Good Morning All. This is a first for me (getting to start the thread). Hope everyone had a great POP weekend. I DID without cheating. Yea Me!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #2  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the POP weekend Amy! I had a few little cheats this weekend so I'm hoping that it doesn't show too badly at WI this morning. Hope everyone has a great day!
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #3  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

I just went to WI and still managed to lose 2.5 pounds this weekend despite eating more than a few left over Halloween candies. YAY! Hopefully they won't come back to haunt me later on this week.
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday morning everybody! Hope everybody had a great weekend!
I am determined to make it through Thanksgiving without gaining weight! Last year between Thanksgiving and New Years I lost 10 pounds! I remember how good it felt to leave my dads after dinner last year and not be so full I felt sick! I'm going to make myself go to WI on Saturday to keep myself in check! I will NOT be a pig on Thanksgiving, so there! LOL

Kim #3, hope you feel better soon chickie! And thanks, I did have a great birthday and didnt over indulge at dinner which felt great! DH gave me money for my birthday to go shopping. I had nothing long sleeved to wear since I started my weight loss journey this time last year. Everything for cold weather was GONE from my closet because I will never need that size again!!!

Hope everybody has an amazing week and heres to surviving Thanksgiving. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #5  
sscott

Happy Monday all!

Amy - Congrats on you POP! Weekends are always a little more challenging!

Ternoway - 2.5 lbs! Yeah for you! Keep up the hard work!

I am getting more and more excited for Thanksgiving. I love getting together with family. The scale is finally headed back down in the right direction. Still don't know why it went up, but atleast I'm headed back down. Unfortunately my TOM is just around the corner so it will probably head back up a little. Two steps forward two steps backward

I was thinking about doing a TO after Thanksgiving, but I can't afford the juice. Any other suggestions of things you guys have tried?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #6  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Amy - congrats on your no cheat weekend! Ternoway, hope that 2.5 lb loss sticks!

I cannot believe it's Thanksgiving weekend already. DH and I are in limbo with our plans. We are scheduled to spend the weekend with family in Florida, but may have to head to Memphis, TN to spend time with DH's mom who got some bad health news last week. In the meantime, I cannot really even plan meals since logistics will play a factor. Oh well, y'all know I won't starve!

Nicole - how'd the painting project go??

Work is super busy, so this is just a quick hi and to let everyone know I am THANKFUL for all the friends I met on this Board this past year.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #7  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Stacy - there are LOTS of options other than the pricey take off juice from the center:

You can buy 2 bottles of the Knudsen Morning Blend juice and each day you mix 6 oz water, 26 oz Knudsen's juice and 8 teaspoons Benefiber powder. This seems to be the closest in taste/nutrition to the COD juice.

OR

instead of juice, use 1 orange, four times a day (some folks have even used grapefruit)

OR

instead of juice use 4 cups of cataloupe
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #8  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

*Like an idiot, I first posted this on last week's thread!! So here it is again!

Happy Monday, everyone! I'll be working at our old house today to get the rest of our stuff out so we can put the house on the market! A great way to spend my Thanksgiving break!

I'm also doing TO today and tomorrow. Thought I would get as many pounds off as possible before Thanksgiving Day! I know that I'm going to indulge a bit. But I also know that it won't be as bad as it usually is since I have to weigh in on Saturday! I'm making most of the sides, so I'm using low-fat, low-sodium ingredients. Still, broccoli cheese casserole and spinach madeline can only be adjusted so much before they turn to crap! I am also bringing broccoli slaw (which will likely be my saving grace!), honey-glazed carrots, pecan pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and - best of all - the rolls. Our school cafeteria ladies actually sold those yummy school rolls (frozen) as a fundraiser! They were only $3 a dozen. My big brother is so excited about those rolls! My mom and dad are cooking the turkey and dressing (Daddy's dressing is FAMOUS!), English peas, black cherry salad, and sweet potato pie (Mom uses my great-great grandmother's recipe and it's to die for!). My brother and SIL are bringing devilled eggs, hot potato salad, and a spiral ham. Now mind you, all of this food is for 10 people! The good news is that I can come home and leave it all there! We usually bring so much food home with us that we can have Thanksgiving for 3 or 4 more days! I will be very selective about what I bring home this year.

Nighttime potty training was going really well for my DD. We started just wearing regular panties to bed a little over a week ago and she hadn't had any accidents. Then last night, for some odd reason, she fell asleep on the couch at 6:30! She is such a night owl! I hope she's not coming down with something. Maybe it's just a growth spurt. Anyway, we put her to bed at 7:30 and she came to my room at 12:30 to tell me that she had wet the bed. ("Mommy, I tee-teed in my bed and it's all wet like a great big swimming pool!") I got up to change her and the sheets and she went back to bed. I hope this doesn't set her back! She's been doing so well!

Okay - time to mix up some of that nasty TO juice and start my day!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #9  
sscott

Thanks Joni for the tips. I guess that takes away the "I just can't afford to do a TO" excuse. Bummer
Old 11-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #10  
LAWL since 9/06

GM all,

I had a great weekend. Stayed POP and the scale shows me at 167.4 today. I am so proud of myself. This is probably the first POP weekend in a very long time. Weekends are so hard because it is family time when we get to go shopping, movies, or whatever else, so we are out a lot. But I managed to do it. YIPPEEE for me!!!!

Amy - congrats on staying POP too. Doesn't it feels good?

Ternoway - congrats on the 2.5 loss despite the candy.

Kim - Yes we can do this. It doesn't take much for me anymore to make me full. So I am going to use that to my advantage. I hope I don't go over board. But I know if I do, I can get it right back off again.

Stacy - Glad to hear the scale is moving in the right direction now. So is mine and I am glad. As far as TOM, I had a bit of a gain when it first started, but lost it shortly after. I hate water gain and the munchies.

Joni - Sorry to hear about DH's mom. I hope she will be alright. She and you are in my thoughts. As for Thanksgiving, I can't believe it is here either. It was just here, or at least it seems that way. I can't believe Christmas is next month. It really feels like I just took down the tree.

Felicia - Good luck on the TO. I can't do that anymore. I get to hungry, so if I need to do something, I think I may do the 5 day plateau breaker. At least with that I can still eat normally. As far as the wetting the bed incident, I think it was just because her schedule was off. If she gets right back to what she is used to, she should be alright. But because she went to bed so early, her body lost track and wasn't able to tell her she needed to go. I hope she gets back to her routine and all goes well.

Well, I had better get some work done today. A little at least. LOL. Have a great POP day everyone and will talk to you tomorrow.

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #11  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi girls! I have to make this quick. I have to start work in one min. He he! Anyway I had a good weekend stayed POP all weekend. I even went out to the bar which I had been avoiding so I wasn't tempted. And I managed to not have a drink the whole time. I was pretty pround of my self. I didn't realize when I started this that I was going to stop drinking too. But it has been 16 days. No alcohol and POP the whole time. Anyway.Good luck to everyone this week. Thanksgiving will be tough. But we can do it! WI tomorrow can't wait! Ha ha! Have a good day ladies!

Last edited by cecil; 11-19-2007 at 11:48 AM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #12  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Morning all. Well I gained everything back this weekend. It was such a hectic weekend. I took my son on college visits so it was fast food Friday and Saturday. We were in the car for most of both of those days.

Sunday back to my Mom's for Thanksgiving. I didn't eat any pie and really did pretty good on Thanksgiving food. I really did want to taste that butterscotch pie though, my son said it was better than normal. I did "sample" some of what was left in the pan when I cooked it but I didn't get a piece. I was a semi-good girl. I think most of what I gained is the water again. I'm sure there was some fat thrown in there as well!

On a positive note I won't do bad Thanksgiving. I'm expecting a full house and we are doing Mexican food. I can control that since I'm cooking it. No pies or sweets.

Going to try to hit the gym today. Very stressful here lately so I think some exercise will help in that area too.

Here's to a POP few days leading to Thanksgiving then a POP or real close to it Thanksgiving.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Amy, Yeah for the POP weekend!!!! That definately is difficult!

Ternoway, Congrats on the loss! Yeah! That is great.

Stacy, Joni is right on with the substitutions. I personally like the Morning Blend juice the best. For the cantelope, I was told to eat one a day (1/4 of it 4 times during the day). The ones we have around here a yukky right now.

Kim#2, Glad you had a great BD dinner and you got to go shopping. I hear you on the clothes. I have already sold $200 worth on ebay and dropped 2 bags off at Salvation Army. So I now have money to buy more. I am not going back to that size either. I don't have a choice now unless I go naked! That is a scary thought! I wish I could lose 10 pounds between now and New Years. Gosh it seems SLOOOOWWWW!

I went to WI today and was down several pounds and she tripped out on me. I told her I have been ill and not eating. Don't think she was happy with that but it is hard to eat when you can't breathe through your nose! Going to Dr at 1. Of course the tooth thing is tomorrow morning so I won't be eating tomorrow either. Maybe I should go do WI again on Wednesday and maybe I won't flounder myself Thursday.

Speaking of Thursday, Felicia, you are starving me to death. Just the thought of all that makes me gain 10 pounds. I know where you are coming from. My mother is an awesome cook. Everyone wants to eat her cooking and we always end up with several strays on the Holidays that aren't in our immediate family which is 10 to start with. Usually grows to 20. First year I was married to my husband, we hadn't been in our home a month and fed 55 people in our basement. He was wondering what he had gotten into! We had a blast though. It was fun.

Everyone, Stay POP for at least 3 days. 'Cause you know most of you will not be on Thursday.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Cecil, WAy to go!!! POP for 16 days. That is awesome!
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Kim-Congrats on the good WI chickie! Hope the Doc gives you some good medicine and you feel better soon! Crystal is gonna be calling me because I havent been to WI in 2 weeks, yikes! LOL

My mantra this week is going to be, I CAN SURVIVE THANKSGIVING, I CAN SURVIVE THANKSGIVING! lol
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote