Old 11-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Question for those who have just started visiting here in the past few months

I noticed on another thread that several people said they were new to the board too. Do you check in here every day? How are you doing sticking with your plan?
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:59 PM   #2  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

I check in pretty much every day, and if I don't the gals in the accountability thread wonder where I am! It's really nice to have accountability, and not disappear and gain all the weight back. It keeps me motivated, even when I went through a month+ long plateau I still checked in every day. As for sticking to my plan? Well, I certainly try but sometime the food demon gets the better of me... and exercise? That's another story
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm new here, and I would really like to have a place to check in every day! It seems like the groups are pretty established...
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:44 AM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I lurk here unless I have something to contribute. If I don't at least lurk, I start to go off plan more and more.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:10 AM   #5  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

I've been here since the end of may, and while I don't have the posts to show for it, I definitely check in everyday (usually 3 or 4 or 5 times). It is just a reminder that one of the important things in my life right now is losing weight. Checking in here (even if only to gaze at my ticker ) keeps me on track. I also have a few people whose posts really make me smile, so I always check their latest posts, too. Hope you stick around!

Last edited by jordan; 11-17-2007 at 01:18 AM.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:57 AM   #6  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Hi there, Missy, Rakel, Time, Daimere, and Jordan! I didn't realize that you guys were also newish. You guys already seem such a part of the community that I just assumed that you have already be on for ages Anyways, nice to "meet" you all.

I also check in everyday (usually twice a day at least). I started stealth reading here in October but then finally decided to "reveal" at the beginning of November I have found this site to be MOST useful in helping me stay on plan. If I'm having a freak out moment, I sign on, do a bit of reading and usually after that the worst is over and I can make some sane choices There's a lot of good advice and support here

Last edited by kasmin; 11-17-2007 at 02:02 AM.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm with you - I check in every day and have felt very welcome. I didn't post for a week or so, just lurked, but once I started posting it has made a big difference. As for the "established" groups - there's always room for more. I've noticed now that people are "missing" and I wonder and hope for them. I know that I would have a tendency to disappear if I wasn't doing so well. This is a great tool for me - available 24/7 - I can take what I need at the moment - whether it is venting, reading support stories, or sharing my successes.

I am so happy I found this site.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:29 AM   #8  

For the last few months I've been coming almost everyday. My account is old as dirt but as you can see from my post amount I'm basically new! I'm glad I started coming and posting though, it has been a great tool for me.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:29 AM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

I try to check in at LEAST once a day, but yeah it's more often several to.. oh 20 times a day? ^^

I'm just addicted to the supportive atmosphere. It's a constant reminder that I'm not alone in this. There are other people with the same struggles & successes. So it's a motivator, and a comfort.

I've been doing pretty darn good if I do say so myself. The past two weeks have been a struggle. I've maintained for them, though. (But, hey, maintaining isn't all that bad!) I'm back to making sure my eating habits & exercise are in the foreground! Focus! ^^ (That was a reminder for me, mostly... I do that sometimes...)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:44 AM   #10  
Renee

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/145

I'm with Faerie here, I check in probably atleast 10 times through the day. Sometimes I am just here to read, other times I need to get through a tough time and find that the successes are what keep me going (I should have applied this last night when I had ice cream w/hot fudge). It's really helped me.
Sexyshado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #11  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I try to check in every day and read something to keep me on plan. Today was actually amazing though... when I started my lifestyle change my goal was to change life for not only but my entire obese family.

This morning my dad asked about fitday and if I could show him it this weekend. It's a small step - but yay for staying on plan enough to get my family onboard ...hopefully!
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I've been posting in another forum on 3FC since May and starting posting in the 100 lb. club a couple of months ago. I think it really helps me to stay on track. I can also go back to old posts and re-read to see how far I've come. The support and advice is great and I think it's been a big part of my success so far. I try to check in at least once a day. I've noticed that when people get quiet all of a sudden, it's usually not good news diet-wise when and if they come back. I know when I'm not feeling motivated sometimes I just don't feel like coming here either. But if I do it anyway and read some other posts, it really helps.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #13  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I'm here on a daily basis. I might not post every day, but I'm here

I'm doing very well with my plan. There ar days when I'm toally bummed out, and I'll post about it. Everyone is so wonderful with their understanding and wholehearted support
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #14  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone! I just started here last month. nice to have all of you here with me.I get alot of motivation here.It is so helpful.I have been counting calories and exercising daily,this is a great change I have made in my life. I talked about it forever but did not put it in action until I came here.
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

I started with everyday posting.. hit a plateau and disappeared. Lost a pound and now am back.
chicpanda is offline   Reply With Quote