Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Your favorite water?

What kind of bottled water do you prefer? Do you drink bottled water, or maybe you prefer tap water? I"m fond of Fuji water myself, but it's kind of pricey.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I drink just about all water no mater the price or temp. but we buy zephyrhills cause thats all my DH will drink
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I drink tap. I drink WAY too much water to pay for bottled, lol. I've checked the environmental safety reports for the water in my area and it is just as safe as bottled, so it is all I drink. I also try to avoid bottled water because of the environmental impact...choosing tap over bottled water is an easy "green" choice, for me.

I installed a Brita sink filter to filter out impurities, though I rarely use it. I'm all adjusted to the tap now.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I prefer tap water, but not for taste reasons. I think all water tastes just about the same. I hate the waste that is produced from drinking bottle water - all that plastic.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #5  

I, too, like Fiji but found the price ridiculous. I buy Crystal Geyser and it's every bit as clean tasting as Fiji. I cook with, use it to make coffee and of course drink it. I think all bottled water tastes better if it's chilled, though.

CG is normally about 6.99 a case from the large grocery chains around here, but I found it at Food4Less (which I don't really like that store much) for 3.99 per case and that's their regular price. I normally take a male relative with me and stock up with 6 or 8 cases at a time. We use a lot of water every day!
msister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
I prefer tap water, but not for taste reasons. I think all water tastes just about the same. I hate the waste that is produced from drinking bottle water - all that plastic.
Where I live the tap water is just awful. We recycle the bottles from our water, but I have been thinking about getting a Britta filter or something like that. I just wonder how long it takes for one pitcher to filter through - does anyone know?
msister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #7  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

I like the square fiji bottles, but it is to expensive for me. I buy Nestle Pure Life and it isn't too outrageous - $3.88 for 24 bottles. I bring one to work with me every morning and and refill it here from the purified water cooler that we have in the office.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

msister - you can get a Brita that will install on your faucet spout. It fills a glass in probably 10 seconds, or you can fill a pitcher and stick it in the fridge. I find these are easier to use than the pitchers, because I can get filtered water "on demand", rather than having to remember to fill up the pitcher when it is empty.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I drink tap and filter it, of course. Pure tap IS disgusting, but if you put a filter on the sink and then pour it into a filtered canister, it's definitely drinkable.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msister View Post
Where I live the tap water is just awful. We recycle the bottles from our water, but I have been thinking about getting a Britta filter or something like that. I just wonder how long it takes for one pitcher to filter through - does anyone know?
I definitely agree that not all tap water is created equal, but also believe that it's all safe. The tap water here tastes just fine and I too have seen the reports and don't mind it (especially with how much water I drink). I'm lucky to have a deep rock dispenser at work.

If you are thinking about a brita, I would go with the tap filter instead of the pitcher- it's more convenient IMO and takes less time.

Last edited by junebug41; 11-14-2007 at 02:08 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:03 PM   #11  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
I drink tap and filter it, of course. Pure tap IS disgusting, but if you put a filter on the sink and then pour it into a filtered canister, it's definitely drinkable.
I disagree! I like the tap water where I live, but I HATED it in the last place I lived and had to filter it for the taste AND for health reasons. Where I am now, the water is safe and it tastes good
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Hmmm. interesting. *I've* never had good tasting tap water
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Personally I'm more concerned about what plastic bottles leach into the water stored in them then whats in my tap water. We do filter our water (the big fridge container from Pur) because we are renting a really old house and I'm unsure as to what the pipes are made of. At work I drink straight from the tap.

On the subject of Fiji water. I know so many people who love it, but to me it tastes incredibly metallic. I guess my taste buds are ultra sensitive or something.

All that said, I do buy "treat" water on occasion. I love Gerolsteiner sparkling mineral water. It comes in a glass bottle. I actually used it to wean myself off of soda (I craved bubbles.)
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #14  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

We have a local water store where the water is triple filtered, it goes through reverse osmosis and is distilled. We have huge bottles and a dispenser we refill weekly.

As an occasional treat, when it's on sale (buy one get one free) I will buy Penta Hydrate. I like Aquafina too. (I prefer purified/distilled to "Spring" water).
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

I'll drink any water but Dasani...I think it has a funny taste
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote