Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/136/126

Height: 5'3"

Red face "Normal" bmi... and feeling kinda meh?

The scale said 9-something this morning for the first time in about six years. My weight is now 'normal' and I'm not sure what I was expecting (fireworks and fanfare) but it's left me feeling oddly disconnected from what on the whole is proving to be an intensely emotional experience.

That said, clearing out all my old trousers where the waist is bigger than the leg length a couple of weaks ago left me wrecked and determined. Has anybody else found this? That it's the unexpected stuff that ends up feeling huge? Or is that just me?
rfc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I can't tell you want being 9st something is like as the last time I remember seeing that was at 12 year old (30+ years ago). However I have felt the feeling of being underwhelmed at reaching what had seemed a major acheivement. Reaching 50lb lost felt like that for me last month but when I did the same 5 years ago I was ecstatic. This time I seem to have focussed on the mountain in front of me rather than the one that's behind me. Don't know why.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I think you'd benefit from browsing in the maintainers section here at 3FC. Yes, lots of us have had odd feelings at goal. Feeling lost, let down, disappointed ... Come join us!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 AM   #4  

That's so weird, I was wrote a post in my blog yesterday about how I was almost down 40 pounds but wasn't that excited. However I feel like 50 will send me over the moon with happiness. I find that if I weigh myself less often and the payoff is bigger I'm more excited. Don't get me wrong I feel great about what I've accomplished so far.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I think i know how you feel. I have lost 58 now. I think when i see 60 or 66, I'll be ecstatic myself. I feel good about the clothes i wear now, but don't feel good when i look in the mirror naked. I feel most disappointed then. I think we spend so much time looking forward, it's hard to appreciate all the work we have already accomplished. I just keep looking further and further ahead and find it hard to be completely happy with how far i've already come.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #6  

Oh wow, do I ever know that feeling. never is enough!
xxx

(its one of those *self esteem/love yourself* issues I think ;-)
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/136/126

Thanks for the replies - nice to know I'm not alone!

I'm sure part of it is that my body image is so distorted (a little too kind to myself at 12 stone) that I have no perspective when it comes to objectively looking at myself. Where does healthy-thin become thin-thin?

Also, I've spent so much time trying to be 10 stone, without really considering what it mean once I got there...
rfc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #8  

It means you'll be healthier, and wear smaller clothes, and people will notice and compliment you...for awhile.

Then its not a novelty anymore, and you have to find new ways to keep yourself actively interested in food, exercise and moving your body so you'll be motivated to maintain. Thats the official answer. In reality, if you arnt careful, it means depression because your life problems rarely go away just because you've lost weight, and that hits home when you get to goal. THEN your task is to look for other challenges in your life :-D to strive for.

Emily
xxxxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote