Old 11-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #1  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Talking New Goal....

In December 2005 I went to my GYN for my annual check up... I had also been trying to have another baby for 2 1/2 years. She told me that I had PCOS.... And I spent the next year and a half going through 50 million tests and taking tons of different hormones.... and nothing. She told me that I needed to lose weight. Well I didnt get serious until now. So my new goal is to lose weight and get pregnant. I gave up on having another baby. I thought that it wasnt meant to be. But I have decided that if I am not pregnant by my 31st bday (sept 27, 08) then I am going to get my tubes tied. Well I have an appointment on January 25, 2008 with my GYN.... So I want to be at 50 pounds lost by the time I go see her..... So I have 30 pounds to go and I have the rest of November, all of December and Most of January. It it about 10 pounds a month. I can do this.... It will be 205, which is the weight I was when I got pregnant with my daughter 7 years ago..... I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!11
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Good luck to you! I hope it all works out for you. The weight loss part seems like a tough goal to me, but that's just me. You go, girl!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

While I certainly hope that you lose the weight and have the baby you are hoping for, I can't help but think that you are putting way too much pressure on yourself. You're basically telling yourself that once you get to 205 in January that you are going to give yourself 8 months to get pregnant or you're tying your tubes. The human body just does not do well under that kind of stress.

Why not just lose the weight and have fun with the hubby and see what happens? 31 seems awfully young to give up on the idea of having another baby. A lot of women are barely thinking about having their first at that age.

Good luck with the weight of course. I just hate to see you give up a dream based on a fairly arbitrary date.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:53 AM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Dek...
I believe you can do what ever you set your mind to, there are times that you may fall down, but you can always set your mind to anything. good luck on the baby making. and Have fun .
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 PM   #5  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

I am not going to be overly devestated if I dont get to 205 by January 25. And I have been trying for 5 years to have another baby. I had my daughter when I was 23 and I dont want to be an old mom with a toddler. I have put alot into trying to have another baby. And there comes a point when you have to say Ok. enough is enough. I may never have another baby naturally. Maybe I am meant to adopt. But I dont want to waste anymore time. So I am going to lose weight and hipe that I get pregnant. If I dont then I am going to move on and maybe think about adoption.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:25 PM   #6  
active kids, active mom

Hi Dek,

I was moved by your post. I too have PCOS. When our dr. told us we had only a tiny chance of getting pg, we did not sweat it because we had wanted to adopt anyway. We did and have been thrilled with that decision.

I DID, however, lose 10% of my body weight, which didn't put me anywhere near my goal, but it was enough to get pregnant (we weren't trying). I am writing this to let you know that I have heard many people share that they also got pg with PCOS after losing 10% weight. The common thread, though, is that none of the stories I have heard have been from people who would only have been happy with a birth child. Does that make sense? Maybe there really is something to alleviating stress in the whole process?

Finally, the one thing I regret during our adoption process was not living my life fully. I was so myopically focussed on children that I forgot to live in the present and enjoy my dh. Just a thought to leave you with.

Good Luck!

knitsforfive
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote