Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #275

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #2  

Monday morning.....

I'm hoping that this week will be an exciting week at work...it'll make it go by faster! (Vacation time next week)

This weekend was a walk free weekend, but...I did exercise, I did my ab workout and my thin thighs workouts. Let say, I'm walking a little wobbly this morning! Feels good. I will do my walking tonight and I'm getting ready to do some abs right now. I have this vision for my birthday, to be out of the 140's. So....7lbs by birthday will be fabulous. (just really need to concentrate on keeping OP and getting that exercise in)

Angie--I was planning on working on the ornament last night, but watch a movie instead. Have you seen "Lucky number Slevin" ? Good movie! I had an eyebrow raise in most parts wondering "what is going on?" Love those types of movies.

Cristina--The excuse was because we're a medical group and most of the workers work close to patients and they want the patient to always feel comfortable. But we haven't been near the hospital for over a year now (almost 2) and we never work w/the patients. So I found it to be a poor excuse.

Mindee--Cute picture. They definitely look like brothers and sister! We'll have to move that over to the photos section, so it doesn't get lost.

Jane--We made my grandma's Hodge Podge soup. It was so good. Warmed up my cold bones. Served it w/low fat bread sticks. My calories were spot on and I split my one cup worth into two halves. I have lots left over and will have that again tonight! Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

I must get the body moving ladies...you all have a great Monday and here's to a fast week!! (hopefully)

<---to you all!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Got my walk in today, another 4 miles, just a little over. WI is tomorrow so keeping my fingers crossed.

MARTI...I see. You are doing good with the exercise.

JANE...lots of hugs. I read that book and like dit. But then again I like everything she writes. I started the numbers books kind at number 7...don't ask me why, lol. Think by the time I heard about her that was what was out. I may go back and read all the others one day but for now I am moving on to #13.

Have a good day all!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-12-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the nice comments on the picture and on the kiddos! they have their moments....but then again they are 3 1/2, 2 and 7 months.....so they are allowed to, right?

I will have to get that picture over to the picture section. I have been meaning to check the thread out anyways. I think I will have to go and check it out soon.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hi Marti,,,nope have not seen that movie. A few months ago I bought some popcorn at Walmart,,,in it was a CD of some pilot tv shows. A couple of Saturdays,,,when I had a nasty cold I watched it. And got hooked on Heros.
I went to the video store and rental all 7 discs,,(not at once) Im on the last disc..I have a tough time watching tv programs cause of my eratic schedule so I rent the series...my next one is greys anatomy.
I think that is why I like movies too,,,I watch alot of movies. Have you seen Departed? We just watched 300 last weekend.

Well I have to get to bed,,,early start tomorrow since I had today off.

night all
Old 11-13-2007, 12:47 AM   #6  

just quickly stopping by to see how every one is doing.....

just having some "me" time and trying to figure out how I am going to get every thing back on track. Tommy has to go tomorrow after work for some job placement testing, and then possibly going to orientation on Wednesday. This job is for a little more money....but it will help out more. Now, we just sit on things and hope that he gets the job for the complex. (still keeping fingers crossed...please)
Old 11-13-2007, 01:48 AM   #7  

Evening ladies...

I'm getting ready to walk, not really wanting to and I'm even trying to talk myself out of it, but I would do much better if I just do it.

Jane--My friend, you are in my thoughts and I will be saying prayers for you that your tests results will be negative. I'm also sending hugs to you and your family.

Cristina--I'm trying to be good w/exercise. It is a big struggle at times.....(see how I try to talk myself out of it?) But all in all, I'm doing ok.

Angie--LOVE your avatar! Gorgeous. Now...tell me how to get my eyebrows to look as good as yours!

Mindee--Enjoy your "me" time. With three little ones running around, you need that every now and then.

Hello to the rest of you.

Well gals, I gotta make this short. It's close to 11:00 and I NEED to get my walking in. So...off I go.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Last edited by Marti; 11-13-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:31 AM   #8  
One day at a time

MINDEE...keeping my fingers crossed for Tommy and you all. And sending goodvibes. :

MARTI...same here. Right now I am having some sort of problem with my right foot. Thinking maybe I am pushing it with the walking.

For some reason I can't sleep so thought I would drop by and say HI!

Have a good one!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:11 AM   #9  

Just had to pop back in....Cristina...go to bed!!.....

I got my walk in!
I wasn't happy at first but now, I'm pretty pleased w/myself.
I didn't cut it short & I didn't slow it down. I just grabbed my headphones and book and off I went.

My legs were aching at first due to the thigh workouts I've been doing, but after awhile they got stretched out.

Ok.....I'm ready for bed. Should sleep good...let's hope I don't sleep in and work calls me in the morning wondering why I haven't come in!

G'Night ladies!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 AM   #10  

just a quick post....I know it is too late for me to be on but I had some issues with our internet and hadn't finished checking my email. So, I figured I would stop back by here.

My "me" time was short lived......Marissa woke up and was having trouble breathing because her nose was full of snots. So, I used the bulb syringe to get out as much as I could, and then gave her a breathing treatment. To which I think she might be allergic to because she broke out into a rash like she did when she was eating the bananas and peaches when she tried them. She is back asleep in her crib while laying on a boppy to keep her head elavated. So.....here's to hoping that things get better! (the boys still have their coughs and snotty noses......so if Marissa gets worse, or if they do, then it will most defnitely be off to prompt care. I think we might just take them in for peace of mind anyways on Tuesday. I know I said that about Monday but I wasn't sure if they were open since it was Veteran's Day)
Old 11-13-2007, 04:23 AM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Howdy Ladies!

Howdy all.

I know I've been MIA on the weekend, but DH was sick all weekend and stayed home from work. So you can imagine........lol. I was actually glad to get to work yesterday (Monday) evening. It was a "relief" I love my DH, but you know how men are when they are sick.........lol

Boy what crazy weather we're having. It was 66 yesterday when I left for work and in our apt it was like 75, opened up the windows ........This is November, right? lol.

So I am caught up on all my work and figured I'd pop in.

Hi to all of those MIA as well!

I hope you all are well and BIG BIG and prayers for Jane.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:01 PM   #12  

Fly by for me today!!

Need to get to work a bit early....I'm gone next week and resulting is out of hand already!!

Catch you all later tonight.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #13  
One day at a time

SASSY...sorry DH wasn't feeling so well. Hop ehe is on the mend. And yes, this weather is weird and it IS November, lol. I had my windows open yesterday as well until about 2 p.m. Had some chilly winds come thru and I was cold. But it is nice weather and I am enjoying as tomorrow it is supposed to get back to normal November temps.

MARTI...good job on the walking!

MINDEE...did you enjoy your "me" time?

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-14-2007 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Ladies.

Hi all.

We have our windows open now and I wish we didn't have too. Some kids are screaming their heads off and I can't even see them, which means they are either inside or in a building across the way, either way, geez........lol

Oh well soon enough I will be leaving for work -- yippee! lol. Today is one of those days you just wanna curl up in bed and watch a movie............well maybe this weekend...........lol.

Hi Marti! I hope your doing well and not working too hard! lol.

Congrats Cristina on the WL! I haven't even BOUGHT my Christmas Cards yet..........A bit behind I guess. lol. Usually I have them all ready to go at least..............

Hi to everybody out there!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:33 PM   #15  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Evening all...
Sassy,,,christmas cards already? arghh Im still working on Jane's birthday card...*sigh Im not organized at all.
Get some ear plugs,,,or put the radio on,,,and that noise will drown out the other noise.

Marti,,,Merle Norman's, I go there 4 times a year for waxing,,,the rest of the time I keep up with tweezing. I had the BIG eyebrows till my aunt waxed them and wow the difference in my face.

I barely slept last night,,,so feeling the need to get to bed now.
night all...
ps Mindee, I used to use an oil called obla oil....my Brandon had asthma so couldn't use cough supresants (sorry for the spelling) I would use 1 drop either in a glass/metal bowl,,,and boiling water (this is when he was older of course) but when he was small like your babes, I would put a couple of drops on a face cloth and leave in the shower and run hot water (close the bathroom door),,,making the bathroom steam up. It helped with getting the gunk out he could breath better.
Closed Thread