Old 11-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #1  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Smile Chat 11/12 to 11/18

Good morning ladies. Ok so I have a fresh new start awaiting me. I read the book yesterday and have my list of acceptable foods and hopefully all will go right this time. I am avoiding my ketchup. I am going to have to figure out a alternative for it on my burger patties cause i dont know if i can do it with out it. Well I am off to work will check in later.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Woke up to a cold cold morning,had to put the fireplace on. Well I started the Atkins Induction yesterday and the craving for bread and her prods. are gone Yipee!! So it wasn't that bad,as I guessed. Oh!! I lost the 2.5 that I gained on the stupid 5 factor.

ILOVEMIKE-Thanks for starting us up on this cold day. I'm sure you do great,as you have good plan. Ketchup ummmmm!! I saw a alternative on one of the low carb web sites but I can't think of which ones it was.If I remember or see it again,I will definatley let you know.

Have a good one, will be back later

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 11-12-2007 at 09:17 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies, we had planned a day of fishing today, but rain and storms are heading our way.

DH is off work. DS is doing some Veterans Day special duty thing with his Army Unit.

Lacy and Shelbey are off to a concert for some band called "Brand New".

I would be paying bills today but realized the bank is closed and DH's check won't go direct deposit til tomorrow.

After 9 days of SB induction, I strayed yesterday. So, getting back on my induction plan today. Even this one off-plan day left me feeling bloated and yucky.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

I hear ya on the bloated & yucky feeling . . . I'm back OP Strict Induction after an alcohol carb fest drama that I won't go into 'cause the situation is turning out ok so far. *fingers crossed* Had to make the long trip back home for a family emergency that turned out ok . . . must monitor though - and like all the other times life throws a curve - I predictably reacted with over-indulgence.

Starting to get on my last nerve.

Bright side: Jumping right back on track - adding exercise back in and hope to do better with the next curve ball, ya know?

It's black as nite here in MO - thunder & lightning galore - we need the rain - not the storm though - branches already a'flying!

Saw your Post about procrastination/Challenge pressure azzie . . . starting to miss ya already! Hope you'll stop in here @ the no pressure LC Chat and let us no how you're doing Girl from time to time!

I like mayo on my burgers - haven't really missed catsup much.

Off to work early today . . . will check in later after the shift - cya then!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #5  

Good morning, another new week! My WI was Friday and I remained exactly the same! I think I need to do induction again or else maybe I need to eat more? I really have no idea why I don't lose better. I haven't had anything like bread or beer in two months! And I'm down 8 pounds. It's kind of like a pound aweek, but I don't always lose a pound each week. Sometimes I'm up and then I may lose two. Makes no sense at all. I have a history of yo yo dieting and I assume that I have messed up my metabolism or my blood sugar or both, so I guess I've trained my body to hold onto the fat cells really really hard. So maybe if I ate more I could trick my body into releasing the fat cells? Or if I ate less, sooner or later there has to be a point where you lose the weight! I just don't know.

I gotta say I'm not really looking forward to the holiday season. I told the family that I would only make one pie for thanksgiving and they protested. They want exactly the same meal we always have. I don't mnd cooking, but it's hard to stay OP when you're fixing all the family favorites. But I've been so good for so long, I don't know what would happen if I ate a big old peice of apple pie. Maybe I'd throw up? I haven't had anything sugary for two months either.

I was trying to get DH on board the Atkins WOL, but he told me he's afraid of the weight he'll gain when he falls off. We did it together last spring and he lost about 15 pounds and then gained 20. I supposed he's right in a way. He says he knows he can't stay away from carbs forever (the beer alone would ruin that). I think I can stay low carb-maybe not induction low-forever, but I do miss beer!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi everyone...

I weighed in yesterday and lost 4 pounds *yay*. Im not being totally strict and I do know its water weight too so Im not expecting the same results this coming week, but its a start.

Otherwise, I had the day off from work and am just getting my house ready for my parents coming up for Thanksgiving.

ILOVEMIKE- did you try the lowcarb ketchup? is it icky? I love ketchup too and I find it hard to go without.

BEACH- way to go on the loss! Now that factor 5 can be a distant memory soon

LILY- Just checked your ticker and WOW! What an inspiration....

AUD- Im a total stress eater, so I can definately relate to reacting to situations with food....I hope all is ok. And mayo on burgers is a good idea. I like it on french fries, but I guess that doesnt apply anymore, lol.

LYNAR_- I am thinkink of not baking cookies for Christmas like ususal. It would just be too tempting. I know I'll also get protests....maybe ill hand them the recipe and tell them if they want it bad enough they can make it themselves. That'll shut em up

Have a great day everyone
Tigerseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #7  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, and congrats everybody on the new, fresh start! I've gone and committed myself to making a fresh apple cake for TG. It's easier to not cut into a cake, than to resist a cookie nobody will know about. And that cookie takes the next cookie, and so on until somebody says "Gee, I thought this recipe made more cookies last time." Oops!

I said after my off-plan run that I was afraid to weigh myself, then I did and had gained 10 lbs. Today 8 of them have gone away again, woohoo! Get e'm while they're fresh, before they have a chance to grow roots.

The "celebration" for JR was really a memorial in spite of the announced name. 200 people showed up! I knew he was well loved, but I was still surprised. We reminisced and laughed and cried and talked about what a wonderful, infuriating, sweet pain in the *** he was, a real sheep in wolf's clothing, the softest tough guy I ever met. Spent the last 20 years of his life helping people, anonymously whenever possible, with no thought for himself, but walked and talked and looked like the biggest, baddest, hairiest biker dude you ever saw (6'5", 350 lbs at his top before he started visibly declining). Oh -- and it was a potluck, with all of JR's favorite foods, and I didn't eat any of them. Go me!

Oops, gotta go throw another log on the fire. Pax.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #8  
It's my perogative!

Hey ladies. Well I have stayed OP all day today. I am going to create a FITDAY here in a minute and log my food. I am getting hungry so I am prolly gonna grab a snack. I have to make my lunches for the rest of the week cause i have to work all week and wont have the time. I guess i will try my low carb ketchup but if it inhibits me in anyway, then its not going to stay. I will only eat it on my burger patties. I was proud of myself for not giving in and putting it on my eggs. Now I just have to find time somewhere to get some exercise in. Going to be tough. Well I better be off so I dont get too hungry.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #9  
It's my perogative!

Ok FITDAY is a little mis leading. It says that I have consumed 13 carbs today, but i dont think that is right. For one it is showing my Atkins shake as 5 carbs when it says only 1 on the can. What gives?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemike4alwayz View Post
Ok FITDAY is a little mis leading. It says that I have consumed 13 carbs today, but i dont think that is right. For one it is showing my Atkins shake as 5 carbs when it says only 1 on the can. What gives?
I don't believe Fitday deducts dietary fiber (net carbs).
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #11  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Fit Day doesn't deduct the fiber from the Daily % of Carbs or from the Carb total (but if you look on the part where it shows how many grams/day you've had of each macronutrient, it should tell you how much fiber you've had and you can deduct it yourself, to keep track).
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:16 AM   #12  
It's my perogative!

Good morning. I am down on the scale 2.3 pounds from yesterday. I am so thrilled. So here is to day 2 of induction. I have to work at both of my jobs today so I wont be able to check in with you guys until tomorrow morning. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We're experiencing a dark and rainy day.A day to stay in bed Big Grin and be lazy again.

There nothing new here,some old........ I think I'm coming down with something again. Going to eat light today maybe chicken soup.

LILY- Sending your and [[[[good vibes]]]] for your on induction.

TIGER-Big congrats on your 4 lbs loss.WTG,I'm hoping for a whoosh some day. The 5 factor is just a memory,I ripped up all the paper work that I copied from the computer. Staying on low carbing until Turkey Day and than will continue until the next holiday.

BOUNCING-I thinking of having some dessert for TG but I going to look up on Linda recipes or 3 fc low carb dessert to find my dessert. I rather have winter squash or stuffing to add to my carbs.

ILOVEMIKE-Congrats on your weight loss also.Hope mine lasts until my W-I day this Saturday.

Have a good morning

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 11-13-2007 at 08:47 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #14  

So if I asked for a vote from all of you low carbers which way would it go? Here's the facts. I've been doing Atkins for 8 weeks and lost 8 pounds, but almost all of that was the first couple of weeks. For at least four weeks I've gaining and losing a pound or two with no net difference.

I haven't been cheating. Some of you may remember that I try to do an even lower carb version of Atkins because I beleive I am resistant to weight loss, but I have moved up a little from induction. Most days I only have one serving of veggies, usually a salad, but at least once or twice a week (usually when we eat out) I have an extra serving of vegetables-usually either another salad or broccoli. I haven't had any bread or sweets or high carb vegetables or fruit at all. I may eat more cheese then I should.

After the first three weeks, I started to allow a couple of drinks on weekends, usually rum and diet coke. It's kind of a life style thing- most of our social life involves at least a little bit of drinking.

So, except for the drinks, I don't really see much to cut. I could go back to my version of induction which meant no extra veggies, just the one salad. Or I could do what Dr. Atkins recommended for weight loss resistant people and cut even that one salad (but I always feel terrible when I do that and end up using carbs in the form of metamucial) or I could up my intake a little bit on the theory that my body is now in stravation mode. Or I could just give up.
You may want to know that I'm 51 year old and started this particular WOL at my all time high of 245 pounds, after talking to my doctor who recommended diet pills which I don't take. Also I've done years worth of Weight Watchers, calorie counting etc. etc. Every time I've ever lost weight, I've always gained it all back plus 5 pounds. I'm pretty desperate now. So anyone have any advice for me?
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #15  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I know Dr. Atkins says calorie counting isn't necessary, but I would suggest starting, just to see where you're at. Do it for a few days If your calories are SUPER low (under 1200 on average), I would eat more--that could be stalling you. If they're super high (over 2000-2500), you could be at a standstill because of that.

Just because being in ketosis makes us more fat-adapted, doesn't mean that the laws of thermodynamics don't apply to us. We may be able to eat more than your average high-carb dieter, but that doesn't mean that we're able to eat a thousand calories or even five hundred calories more without seeing some negative effects. It also doesn't mean that eating to few calories (under 1200) won't impact us negatively by slowing our metabolism. I know when I first started Atkins, I was definitely eating under 1200 calories a day easily thanks to ketosis making me not hungry all the time. Then I started paying attention to calories again.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote