General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Will You Pray For Us?

I was going to put this, and still will, in Faith Based Groups. I decided to add it here because I think most everyone believes in prayer.

The church Angie and I attend has just started an awesome project. We are stepping forward and building a new gym, all purpose room, classrooms and kitchen. It will be a 6 Million Dollar project. It is a long time in the making. Angie and I head up one of the leadership teams. This will be taking additional time, talent and money from our family, something we know "stretches us", as we have been through these things before....however....we are really looking forward to the task at hand!

I am asking for prayers for us, from you, to help us focus on what is good and right ~ to ask that our enthusiasm stay with us through the 3 year fundraising and building project...which, if you have ever been involved with church building, you know will be longer than the 3 years! We will be starting groundbreaking in the spring and hope to have the building up in a year or so.

The building will be used by not only members of our church, but the community as well.

As always, if you ask, I will pray for you. Sometimes I pray for you even when you don't ask . Many of you have PM'd me to ask for prayers. I feel so blessed to be asked
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #2  
No description available.

What a wonderful outreach!! I will keep you guys in my prayers for energy, patience, clear-thinking and dedication to health.

Let us know how it's going!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Of course we will, Gary! I trust you will not only find the strength to endure, but the power to inspire those in your church/community along the way. You will have your new space. Thinking in terms of if is not in the plan, it's just when you have your new space... :wink:

Last edited by aymster; 11-11-2007 at 09:19 AM.
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I will definitely pray for you.
Haha - church building... I remember when I was younger (middle school, maybe?) my church had an indefinite "building fund" that lasted throughout my time in Northern VA. I haven't been back that way in a couple years, but as far as I know, the church STILL looks the same and is STILL focused on their "building fund" - SO I will pray that yours will NOT do the SAME
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:33 AM   #5  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Gary,

This is an amazing and wonderful project that you, your family, and your church are undertaking. I will keep you all in prayers for strength, patience, and perseverance.

Godspeed,
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thank you all!

Oh and SHANE...I can remember first hearing of the "new gym" about the same time I was holding my infant son as he was baptised in the very spot it is to be built....he is 26 years old now!

This has been a long project, along the way we built many new classrooms, a pre-school building and the 25 year old "new" sanctuary. It is all in God's timing...I won't say we don't get frustrated! when these projects take sooooo looong............

THAT is why I am asking for prayers to remain FOCUSED!...wink
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #7  

Prayers coming from NY too -- with you and Angie's sparkling personalities, I bet people will come to you to offer money!! Sorry I spent my whole hour at church this morning praying my little son wouldn't yell out "I'm not coming here again" like he did last week, or I would have prayed for you then too

Good luck, I know god will be there to make it all work out!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #8  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

My prayers are with you! That is a great project.. God takes care of the soul, and people like you help everyone around you take care of their bodies. Awesome... Good luck, and may God bless the project so it will run smoothly every step of the way
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

You got it, Gary! Building projects are tough and can put you through some challenging times! I'll pray for you and your church!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Will be praying for you and the project that God will be glorified.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

God bless you both
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #12  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I'm adding my prayers for you and Angie and the church community for this project. I just got through signing my "debt reduction fund" check for the month as our church finally got through renovations last year and we are enjoying a beautiful and more spacious sanctuary. God is good!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #13  
Addicted to potato salad!

Prayers goin up!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #14  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I have added you to my "long term" prayer list. We are at the beginning stages of a building project as well. I know only too well the challenges and the excitement that lay before you. May God bless your project and give you the strength to complete meet the challenges that lay ahead. I'm sure that you and Angie will let God's light shine through you!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:21 AM   #15  
Walking by faith

Smile Gary

I'll be glad to keep you, Angie, and your church family in my prayers We've been through a church building project more than once. It's an exciting time..but it can also be stressful. Just keep walking by faith..and God will take care of the rest!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote