Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #1  

Default Not there Yet, But will be

Hello, My goal is to be a size 3 again...currently I am in the double digits...Yuck!

Starting point I want to loose 10lbs.......... before Thanksgiving!

I think that can be done!
willba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Wow 10lbs by thanksgiving thats alot of weight - thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away. How do you plan on loosing this weight?
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #3  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

if she does the "fat smash diet" its doable.. granted it will be alot of water but still.. loss is a loss. Ive been on it 7 days, and I have lost 7lbs. Just havent done it on the ticker yet, because monday is the offical day

Last edited by Ready2ShedLBS; 11-09-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Good Luck willba!! I have never heard of the Fat Smash Diet. I will have to look that up.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

We have a Fat Smash Forum here on 3FC:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=211

Ten pounds by T'giving is very optimistic, even for a Fat Smasher, I think... but I don't really know. Tell us more about you--what is your start weight? How tall are you? What age range are you in?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Oh dear. 10 pounds by Thanksgiving?

Re: the Fat Smash Diet... I tried it and did not like it very much. I did the detox for 10 days like they said, and I only lost 2 pounds. I exercised much more than they recommended, so perhaps my muscles were retaining a bit of water, but... needless to say, I ripped that book up and threw it in the trash! (Seriously? It's still in one of my book cases somewhere, but I haven't opened it or tried the diet again and have no intention to now that I have lost my weight.)

The Extreme Fat Smash Diet might even work a little better in getting 10 pounds off by Thanksgiving. However, the latter is not a diet plan that should be carried out for more than a few weeks at a time, whereas the Fat Smash Diet is a guide to a lifestyle change (*I* didn't like it, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work for others )

Anyway, in my humble opinion, 10 pounds by Thanksgiving might be a pretty lofty goal to healthily achieve, but if that is what will make you happy, I wish you the best of luck... but don't become too discouraged if it doesn't happen - that's all.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #7  

I know that you are only supposed to loose 2 lbs a week for health....The reason why I choose 10 by thanksgiving is b/c if I eat healthy....Like I should be and not the pre-packaged and cookie, with some snacks I know I can do it...... Right now I am Breast Feeding so I do have an advantage there, However I have not lost any weight since the birth of my daughter 8months ago, because I have been hording food like crazy and eating like I shouldn't.....

I am starting to drink water yesterday I drank 32 oz and am going up from there.....I am also drinking water that is very cold, so that my body has to warm it up and burns a few calories during that process......I am eating Kashi Go lean HIGH FIBER cereal in the morning am trying to watch portions......I do not want to affect the baby so I am sticking with healthy foods that I have already eaten and know that it does not affect her.......I also bought these little pre-packaged singles of steamed broccoli with cheese and when I want a snack I am going to heat one of them up...the cheese is a little more calories but it satisfies my buds a bit more than plain broccoli.......

what do you guys think.....???? I mean if I do not make 10 lbs then it is fine, but I feel that 10 is better than me saying I am going to be a 3 by then....LOL I know that will never happen....I WISH though....
willba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:07 PM   #8  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

baby weight has a tendency to melt off pretty quickly because its not been there for a long time. The hardest weight for me to lose was the weight that I carried around for years. It seems like the longer its on you.. the harder it is to lose it. Like I mentioned before.. I have had great results with the fat smash diet, but seeing as how you are breast feeding.. I dont know how many calories a day you should have and eatting nearly everything raw doesnt average out to alot.. I work hard to get 1200 in a day and I feel like all I do is eat, but since I eat fruits veggies and fish/chicken all the time anyways. Its not been hard for me. I had a diet high in sodium before because I was eatting alot of veggie burgers and morning star products, and I usually load my food with salt or seasoned salt, and Coke Zero But since I cut all that out I have been dropping like crazy, but like I say, its water not fat. Im sure Even though i DO look leaner.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome! Personally I think that it doesn't matter whether you lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks or not. What matters is that you are eating healthily and in a way that you can continue to eat. If you lose 4 lbs instead, that's still great, right? Deadlines in weight loss are really difficult to achieve. You can be absolutely perfect and do everything just right and you may or may not lose what you expect to. Our bodies are not machines, you can't always predict how much weight you will lose. The downside of a deadline is that if you manage to lose 5 lbs in two weeks (a great feat!) instead of 10, you may be disappointed when you should instead be estatic. Maybe you could make a goal instead of staying on track a certain number of days, or exercising a certain number of days. Those are things you can control.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:29 AM   #10  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Here here jtammy!!

That's the best response thus far and I totally agree!
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote