Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #1  

Thumbs up A work out group, challenge

Hello everyone...... I am new to the site but eager to get going with a team behind me....I need a PUSH/ lol more like a SHOVE.....Is there anyone up for taking baby steps to a bigger goal?

I think that if we give ourselves 1 month and do a daily check in we could loose quite a bit before the Holidays....I need to loose a lot! but baby steps......

Maybe a mile walk a day or a daily set excer...routine?

What do you think and like Jerry M. WHO'S WITH ME....LMAO I always wanted to be able to use that one!!!!!
willba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:20 PM   #2  
New November Member

Default Work-Out Group and Vacation Question

I would love to be part of a workout team! Add me to the list. I just registered for this site 2 days ago, so I'm still searching through all the threads.

I have asked my family to contribute to a vacation for me in January as my Christmas gift. I would like to spend a week at a weight loss camp, spa, cruise, or some type of bootcamp where I can lose weight and relax. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?
gpburdell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #3  

Ok...Sounds Good, Espec..the trip!!!

I was thinking maybe we could do a work out a day and then check in.....

Do you have a medicine ball? or dumb bells? I know that you can get a GREAT all over body work out with a medicine ball and use it to "fake" draw out the ABC's!!!!

What do you think?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #4  
New November Member

I bought a 3lb and an 8lb medicine ball, and sets of 3lb and 5lb dumbbells, and I'm keeping them at the office. My co-worker and I started this past week doing lunges before lunch outside on the sidewalk, then as soon as the office clears out at 5:00, we work our arms, shoulders, chest, and abs/sides with the medicine balls and dumbbells. We only did this twice last week due to severe soreness from the lunges (make sure your knee touches the ground or is less than an inch away). We hope to do it at least 3 times a week in the future. I also got jump ropes, so we're going to add a little cardio in there as well. And each of us is doing cardio on our own while at home.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #5  

wow so you have it down...GO YOU!!!!!

I am doing my ABC's with a 10lb medicine ball......I am going to start to go and walk around the lake...but I have the baby and dont want her to get sick so I need to wait for it to not be raining......I just bought her a full jacket so she will be warm.....Now I just have to make sure that I GO!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #6  
New November Member

Default Update

Well, I'm down 1 pound so far. I didn't do anything Monday (my worst day of the week at work) and yesterday I did my lunges and arms/chest/shoulders with the weights. My thighs and butt are SORE today. Tonight I had salsa class here at my apartment complex. We have a fulltime fitness instructor, so I try to be a regular at her Wednesday night salsa class. Hopefully I can stay motivated. I'm going out of town this weekend to a football game, and when tailgating it is so easy to be bad.

Kristi
Old 11-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #7  

Wow salsa class that is a great way to work-out...i think that I need a video to do here...

Oh yea and last monday I lost a big ZERO....hoping this monday will be different......