General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Talking cbmare, you didn't tell us about this

I wish I had one of these illegal cell phone jammers to quiet the masses and help traffic keep moving along! (a spin-off from the jerk thread )

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/te...gewanted=print
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Too bad it's illegal! I don't mind people talking on their cell phones as long as they aren't driving or talking too loud. Honestly, if you have to speak that loudly to be heard, go outside or call them back.

Thanks! I didn't know about this one.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I can't stand people who talk on their cell phones and drive at the same time. I don't mind it if it is wireless (they don't have to hold the cell phone to their ear), but I think it should be illegal if it isn't wireless or a headset or something like that. I've had WAY too many near misses with other drivers to think otherwise now!

And yes, loud cell phone chatters CAN be annoying. I don't understand the people who go grocery shopping while talking gossip to their friends on their cellphones. I hear at least 5-6 people a week at the grocery store doing this! Everywhere I go I hear things about people I'd rather not hear because they are having what should be private conversations in public areas.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

A few yers ago there was this woman in a store and she asked the employees to turn down the music because she was expecting a call from her mother. The employee said that she couldn't adjust the music, it was preset. Then she pointed up and showed the woman that she was standing under a speaker and that she should either move to a different aisle or perhaps sit in her car and wait for her call.

The woman got very upset because what she wanted was on that aisle. Geez!
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:51 AM   #5  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I had a moment a while back at a chinese food hang out. I was sitting there with family and there was a few moments when the whole table was silent and all I heard was ringing and phones beeping.
even today I went to the store and had a moment when I was looking around and spotted about 6 out of 8 people in the asle on their phone. it seems crazy how some people can't unglue the phone from their head.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

You know, I just remembered. Every weekend at the church the commentator starts announcements before the mass with "Please turn off all personal communication devices..." and still without fail, at least one phone will ring during the service

I'm one of those people who will leave their cell phone in the car or forget it sitting on my desk, and you know what? I don't even care! I don't want to be bothered while I'm out doing something else. If people really need to reach me, they can leave a message and I'll call them back.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Totally agree about the cells...in Wal-Mart last week I heard this woman a few aisles over talking so fricking loud. I thought maybe she was an employee yelling orders but noooooo. She was on her phone and she went thru the store talking almost the whole time in the same tone. Now, this was at 7 a.m in the morning and not a lot of people where in the store so it was even quieter.

DD and I are always talking about how it seems that people feel the need to be on the phone all the time. And what did they do before cells...no one needed to be on the phone so much, so why now? And texting...I just don't get that. You have a cell phone...just call the person!

I admit I do have one but it is mainly for emergency purposes. I am not a phone talker so it seems a waste of money for me but DH thought we needed one. And it did come in handy when DS was in Iraq with the time difference and such I never knew when he would call. Okay, off my soapbox now, lol.

That has happened with me too NOELLE. I would be so embarassed honestly, and like you I forget my phone half the time. Or it's in my person and I can't hear it, lol.

Forgot to add...when I was going to WW, they were the WORST ever with people and their cells. Or people just talking in general. I was there to hear the meeting, not others converstaions. I can't tell you how many times standing in line the number of people on the phone. And during a meeting phones ringing and the people answering them. The leader would give them a glance like take it outside please but they would keep talking...ridiculous!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-13-2007 at 02:24 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote