Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Default November Alli Support, Fall Is In The Air!!!

Hey there all, welcome to a nice COLD Fall day! I am back from my mini-vacation (not much of a vacation but whatever) I took 2 of my 3 kids to see my sister and nephews for Halloween. We had fun but it was a LONG drive.

I actually did pretty good we planned most of our meals on the road and I stuck with Subway and salads anywhere else. I checked my weight with one eye open and one closed because I was scared.lol And did real good. Gained 1 pounds but I am sure it is water and the fact that I am constipated . So I am sure that will be gone within the week. I didnt drink as much water as usual while driving since I didnt want to stop every 5 miles.lol But I did the cooking while we were at my sisters (my sister doesnt cook or clean, so I did both) So I know we ate fairly healthy...so I am happy and like I said last week Yesterday (MONDAY) was day 1 for me again and I am back with force!!!!!

So how are all of you? I Missed checking in. Ohhhh and our house deal is moving right along, the appraisal came back and it was for more than we needed for the loan so we are just waiting on a couple more things and we are going to be able to close the loan by the end of the month (I HOPE)
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 PM   #2  

Still trying...good for you you made great choices and glad to have you back in my " slow losers" club...i bet you lose that one pound this week and then some shy welcome back..we have been here waiting for you ! beck..how did the job interview go ? i will have to start doing that soon too and it makes me a nervous wreck thinking about it !!
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #3  

Still, that's great about the house!! Woo Hoo!!

I need to go back and read the posts from last week. This weekend away at the church really wore me out. I just can't get going! Only a couple hours of sleep a night while I was there. I did do ok on the eating though. SInce I had been on one of these last April, I knew what the meals would be so I paced myself. I did great staying out of the bowl of candy that was on our table in the conference room!!!

Slow losers club - I am definitely a member.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #4  
Gettin Closer!!

Well I got bad news about the house, they cant use the appraisal since there are no recent comparison houses (typical around here). So I have to go to a different loan company that understands that in a small town houses do not "flip" or get sold every other year!!! So I should know more by noon today (I Hope) since we were SOOOO close to being done before. The loan company we were trying to use even told us that it was not our credit or anything else, they had to turn down the loan because of the appraisal not having recent comparisons....GRRRRRR

Well I am doing good, still constipated, I think I will have to take some miralax or something, it has been toooo long to have NOT gone to the bathroom. (sorry TMI, I know)

Glad to see people trickling to the new thread and it is great to be back!!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Default Oops!

Posted on the wrong thread, so I'll must move it over here!

Good evening everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying autumn!

I used to go to Curves and enjoyed it, but after a couple of years I got really bored with it and didn't renew my membership. I did better if I didn't meet up with my friends - after we were finished we would always end up at someone's house and drink wine! There went all the benefits of exercising! Also didn't exercise as hard when friends were there, too much chattering.

Doing pretty decently this week. I'm back to following a low fat diet and taking my alli. I qualified for a study testing a cholesterol lowering med that was also supposed to help with "metabolic syndrome" but the dr's office hasn't called me back yet. They said if I didn't get a call back by Friday, it was because the study had enough guinea pigs. Oh well! I'm sure they would have said I couldn't take alli while on the 6 week study.

Talk to everyone later!
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #6  
Happy New Rears!

Hi Everyone, happy November

Glad to see everyone posting and hanging in there. I've had a sore tooth bothering me... so I went to the dentist to have it checked (because I am leaving soon - for 3 weeks!) he says I need root canal and recommends I get it done right away. I just can't deal with this right now, there is no wa I am having this done before I go, it will have to wait. I just hope it doesn't flare up badly when I'm somewhere where I can't do anything about it. Wish me luck.

I have some major TE's today... I've been a bad girl Monday and Tuesday, I was feeling sorry for myself with the tooth thing and indulged. I was a good girl today though and hope it lasts through the next week.

Have a nice night everyone, talk to you tomorrow.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/195/150

Hi. Hope this is the right spot. I started taking Alli on Sunday and am doing Weight Watchers as well. (Have been doing WW for about 4 1/2 months now and have lost 26 pounds to date.) The weight loss was too slow for me and I have hit a plateau so I decided that Alli was right for me. So far so good. No TE's but I have had a very low fat diet (as usual). I look forward to getting to know you all.
JinxCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:34 AM   #8  

Still, I hope you get good news about the house! It can be so frustrating, that's for sure!

bobbigene, I was a Curves member too. I enjoyed it. I really didn't know anyone who went there, so I didn't get to chat too much. lol I went for about a year.

Thin, I've never had a root canal. I'll keep you in prayer that things go well for you while you are on your trip.

Jinxcat, good for you on the weight loss!! Awesome!! I would say 26 pounds in 4 1/2 months is a great loss! Slow and steady is best!!

I really need to get back on the wagon. The weekend at the church last weekend really threw me for a loop. also it's TOM, and I just can't seem to stay on any specific program. Wanting to snack which is what we did over the weekend. Someone needs to kick my butt and get me started again!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #9  
Happy New Rears!

Hi jinx! Welcome to the Alli-cats. My weight loss picked up once I started Alli, before that I was just doing regular dieting. It was like an extra boost for me, hope you get off your plateau and continue the journey.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Bobbiegene – Humm I like wine I like going to curves and I’m rather thirsty afterward…. Good thing my daughter has a couple babies she needs to get home to right afterward. Or else it would be very tempting. Fingers crossed you get to be in that study.

StillTrying – Keeping fingers crossed.

Tammy – WTG avoiding that candy bowl
ThinGirl – Is there any kind of meds or temporary treatment the dentist can do til you can get root canal? Wishing lots and lots of luck!

JinxCat – Welcome! I look forward to helping you with your weight loss journey.

As for me PT when great they sent me home with some band to work my arm. Curves once again went fast. I hope it continues. TOM is here and I weight in tomorrow. I was kind of looking forward to this weight in. Now I’m not so sure. TOM can really throw off the scale by as much as 5lbs! I’ll be positive it’s only water it’s only water.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Morning All!!

It finally feels like November, here. Burrrrrrr It felt good to snuggle down into the covers this morning, but it sure makes it hard to get out of bed.

Walked, or actually "ran" the dog last night. Took her to a park next to the river and she got the scent of a ground hog. Trust me, I bet that was a sight to see--big old fat woman (I actually look a lot like my avatar) being drug behind this little black mutt, like something in the cartoons. If I did nothing else yesterday, I at least gave some folks a reason to laugh. hehehehehe

Still: I just KNOW you'll get the house straightened out. Don't let it get you down.

JinxCat: Hi there. Come on in and sit a spell.

Bobbiegene: Years ago, my friend and I joined WW together. It worked really well, 'til we realized that Baskin/Robbins was just around the corner from the WW meeting place.

Thin: I've got a temp crown on right now--should get the real deal in a couple of weeks. Of course, insurance isn't going to pick up any of it, but that's the way it goes. The important thing is to do what's right for yourself.

BTW, the interview went well on Tuesday. Haven't heard anything yet, but it's nice to know I can still present myself for inspection, without burping or farting or anything. hehehehe

Have a great day, all.
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #12  
Gettin Closer!!

Well I talked to the new finance guy and he is working on it, I got the last of the paperwork they needed to them a few minutes ago. He is going to work on it all week/weekend and I should know where we stand by Wednesday of next week (MORE WAITING) but we are this close and he seems fairly confident that we can get it worked out.

On the dieting front I am doing MUCH better (surprizingly) than I had been in the past couple months. I have lost my extra vacation weight and I know that if I ever have a bowel movement again I will have actually LOST weight. I hate being constipated!!! It runs in my family and dr's only want to tell me to take more FIBER....well GEEZ all that does is give me gas (Embarassing I know), so I usually can get it controlled with a little senna tea but for some reason (Vacation Im sure) that isnt helping! I just hope I do as good when I go to Vegas on December 1st!!!
My boss just laughs since I am taking 1 week off in Novemeber and then again in December, he said he wishes he could take a vacation every month!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #13  

Beck....you make me laugh every post you do ! good luck with the job what did you go out for ? i have been off work for 6 mo with my foot so back to work for me soon. dont know where or what and i would rather stay home. Stilltryin.....keep up the good work and hope you feel better soon. JINX...welcome we are here for you thingirl...i have had root canals they are not bad, sitting in the chair is the worse part..i wish you would change your mind though. the caps can fall off and if you are on the cruise or in a differnt country it could ruin your trip.i know for myself if i have a tooth ache it hurts in my ear and no amount of pain meds help. you and your dentist know best i have been there i dont want you in pain ! i have a question for all of you...i should know this but, i went to lunch with my dad to sizzler, i had the salad bar, soup light dressing and a few of those fried corn things (love them) i didnt take an alli as i knew i went over fat graams and didnt want te's taking my dad on errands..fear of te's in public places keeps me from taking alli..should i take alli anyway. what do you all do.Sue
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #14  
Gettin Closer!!

BECK, good luck with the job...what kind of job is it (sorry if you mentioned that in our last thread I must have missed it) Congrats on having a good interview. It makes a person feel good when you get cleaned and polished and feel positive about yourself. I love that!

I had an unexpected dental visit today. I called to see if we could get my hubby in, but they couldnt since he would be a new patient and that takes longer, but they did say they had 1 opening for my cleaning so I left like right when I hung up the phone, so here I sit with sparkly teeth again..wooohooo. Hubby has to wait until tuesday..lol
Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Great Friday Morning, All!!

Thanks for the interest, folks. The position I interviewed for is being called Planning Analyst. New position, so the details are a little sketchy, (kind of "make it up as you go along" type thing.) but it will involve lots of reports and juggling several things at one time.
Hellooo--I've been a mom for 35 years--I think I've got THAT covered.

heheheheh

Anyway, should hear something next week. Like I say, either way, I win. Nothing like a pat on the back to keep you motivated.

StillTrying: Remember that old tv ad (maybe for Pearl Drops) where the girl licks her teeth and goes "ooooooo, the dentist just polished my teeth and they feel sooooooooo smooth"? Every time I go to the dentist, I drive my folks nuts doing that.

Got2GetHealthy: I take the Alli, regardless. For me, it seems to be a cumulative effect, so skipping one pill wouldn't help me. The few TEs I've had seem to have come 24 hours to 48 hours after I ate the wrong stuff.

Who's got plans for the weekend?
I'm going back upstairs and throw out more stuff. I've decided that I could never run for public office. Some investigative reporter would want to know why in the world I have saved old, holey blankets, note pads with only 2 or 3 sheets of paper in them and Christmas tree lights that haven't worked since the Nixon administration?

Keep on the sunny side!
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote