South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Terrific Tuesday?

Well, it could be. "Make it so."

Quickie this morning after a good night's sleep. No grumpies today. Some mornings I feel like the big Monty Python foot is hanging over my head. It's hard to stay grumpy when my Hershey is so happy to see me. She is nearly ten but still jumps straight up in the air in greeting when I open the kitchen door.

Lots of "stuff" to clear off the Niggle List this week. This morning I WILL go to the gym and then to the funeral home to finalize arrangements for Harry. I also need to renew my car licence and have lost the forms somehow. Luckily all this stuff is just over in the next village so can be done in the morning.

The deer hunt has started around here and the lads are doing well. Friend Art and his pals are hoping NOT to get their limit quickly. Last year they were home in three days! It's a break for the guys AND for their wives!

Gotta get cracking and get Tuesday underway. Have a lovely day.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Chick Chat

Good morning all,

It's a gloomy, dark and rainy morning out there, and it's made me feel rather sluggish. I had my shower but put my nightie back on and am just going to be a couch potato until it's time to get Maggie. I guess I'd better find a music video for us so we can dance away this afternoon, and that will count for my exercise.

What's happening in your life today?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:11 AM   #3  

Good morning, Ruth. I thought you'd probably be starting this thread while I was getting another cup of coffee. Tell some of those deer hunters to come down here to PA. There are deer all over the place, we really have to be careful while driving. I have mixed feelings, though. They're so beautiful and I hate to think about their demise, but yet again, we're getting overrun by them!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, faithful moderators!

Ruth, did I miss that Harry passed? I am so very sorry if so. Please let us know if we can do anything from our corners of the world.

Linda, I laughed when I read about you getting back into your jammies. I didn't get dressed until about four o'clock this afternoon, and the only reason I did is because I knew Tom would be home in about an hour and if I was still in my PJs, he'd have some funny looks for me. There just seems like there's always something else to do besides getting into regular clothes! I read in a magazine this weekend that the average mom spends 166 minutes a day on laundry and 7 minutes doing her hair!

I was a lazy bum today and didn't even leave the house. We had a pleasant day, though. Busy inside. I had a great side dish with dinner tonight - cut up a red pepper into quarters and stuffed it with a mixture of 5 tablespoons light sour cream, two cups of fresh spinach, and salt and pepper. It was DELICIOUS!

Time to get the laundry started and see what's on TV. Have a lovely Tuesday!

Kara
Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ruth: To Echo Kara Did something happen to Harry? If you need anything please let us know!

Cottage: I can't tell you how nice that day sounds!!
Kara I believe it! I'm ready for a jammie day! your side dish sounds nummy!

Me: UGH won't get to post at work because I'm being coached! Got called unprofessional yesterday for taking my vacation I had planned all year
So that Monty Python Foot/ Wylie Coyote Anvil is a cloud above my head. DH says they're trying to make me quit
(because of my disability it would be really hard for them to fire me)
They did this to an older lady I was friends with too!
So I'm sending out resumes!
On a bright note day 1 ph 1 I had roasted turkey breast and rf swiss cheese for breakfast and am sippign a diet snapple apple my FAVORITE!
So I think I'll put on some steel toed boots and kick the bleep out of this day
Old 11-06-2007, 08:09 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

You go, Kier! Kick away!!!

Kara
Old 11-06-2007, 08:15 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm with you on that Monty Python foot! I am so swamped with work that all I can do is take little bites out of the elephant. My sister is leaving this morning to go back to NC, so I really need to concentrate on work now that all the family festivites are over.

I made a really yummy pumpkin bread last night (more like cake)..saw the recipe in cooking light magazine and then reduced the calorie count even more by replacing the sugar with splenda and used whole wheat pastry flour instead of regular flour. It was really good. I felt like I needed to make my company something "fallish" since I've been chincey on desserts that I usually overwhelm company with. Will post the recipe when I have time. I wrapped up one loaf for my sister to take home with her..the recipe made 2 loaves.

Have a good one everyone..heading out to work now..
Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Ooooh, Cat, I can't wait to see that recipe!!! I *love* pumpkin bread!

Kara
Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nope, Harry is still with us. He had a bad episode last week which was a bit of a reality check so I decided I'd better get some "arrangements" in place, especially since I'm going out West for a week the end of the month.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #10  

KO, Facing the day with your steel-toed boots! Love it! You show them, Kier!

Kara, That stuffed pepper side dish does sound good. Do you bake it or serve it raw? I think I'd prefer it cooked. Enjoy your evening!

Well, I got dressed after all. I just felt too guilty sitting here thinking of all the things I could be (should be!) doing, and my conscience got the best of me. I just wrestled with a butternut squash and now have it simmering in the pot for homemade butternut squash soup. I vow from here on out to buy the pre-cut packaged squash! What a waste of time, I almost needed an axe to cut it, then made a dreadful mess peeling it. But it's in the pot now and starting to smell wonderful.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #11  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

ruth: I'm sorry about harry! I hope he gets better

cotage: same thing here. it's a lonely looking day out there. me and the baby are going to stay in and cuddle.

KO: I know and hate that feeling of being pushed out. I hope you find something better.

kara: hooray for "bum" days!

femme: paula deen makes a super pumpkin cake with lf cream cheese frosting...food network has it online. I've been looking forward to making it all year!

As for me, something weird happened last night.. I was eating well on the plan; I even got in some exercise. I ate dinner at 6:30, but by 10 i had a KILLER migraine and stomach ache. I thought I was just getting ill. Then, I ate some snacks, and felt much better.

What happened? Thats not the feelings I get when I have low blood sugar. Is is some kind of junk-food withdrawl?

Last edited by dcapulet; 11-06-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #12  

Cat, I'm looking forward to your new recipe, too. I'll compare it to mine, which is a family favorite.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, best thoughts to you and Harry!

Linda, I served it raw. I love raw peppers. I don't know how the sour cream would do in the oven, but if you wilted the spinach with some garlic and then stuffed it into some roasted peppers...mmmmmmm...that would be divine!

DC, did you eat something with milk before you exercised? Or maybe did you eat too soon after exercising? I find I have to give my belly a little rest period after I exercise before I eat or else my digestive tract revolts on me! Hope you figure out what the culprit was!

Baby's crying so I must end here. Good night, all!

Kara
Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning all (and Good Evening, Kara!)

Ruth: I haven't read anything about Harry, so I'm just assuming that you're getting things ready for his funeral arrangements for when the time comes. I know what you mean with the Monty Python foot - I could smell it hovering over me this morning. Hopefully it will be an okay day, though.

Cottage: Growing up in the city, I was never really faced with deer hunting and the like. Then I met my "cowboy" hubby and I can't wait for him to go harvest a deer every year. Being biologists, he and his friends only hunt on land that has been surveyed and that they know what the deer population is. They only harvest those that have scientific basis to prove it. I think that's far better than just going out and shooting the first mammal you see. Also, it saves me a lot of money over the winter for meat. Hope you enjoy your lounging before you get Maggie.

Kara: Sounds like you and Cottage were feeling the same way today. To be honest, I wish I could spend the day in my PJs, but the sooner I get the inspections done, the better. Hope you have a great evening!

KO: Sending good thoughts to ride along with your resumes! Hope it all works out for you! I don't have as much to kick about as you, but I'll join the fray anyways!

Me: I'm feeling very gloomy as well today. I did get my workout in, so I'm proud of that. It does look like it's going to be a beautiful day and I'll be out inspecting in it, but that doesn't do much for me right now. I'm just so disenchanted with my job and my boss. He decided to hire his best friend's wife knowing that she wasn't the best candidate for the job. He's hired her before and she quit because it wasn't enough money to pay the health insurance and etc. Our policy hasn't changed and her DH hasn't gotten a better job, so what is going to be different this time? Plus, the place she is leaving has a serious reputation for calling back old employees after a few months and offering them ridiculous amounts of money to go back. I'm just so miffed at him that I don't want to be in the office! He can tell there is a difference about the way I talk to him, but he either doesn't care or doesn't notice. I'm sure it's the latter. Oh well. I start school in the spring and the quicker I get that done, the quicker I can quit, right?

Well, I need to make the bed, do the dishes, shower and get to work. Have a great day everyone!

~Kim
Old 11-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Kim, you should do a ticker for when you will be finished school! Countdowns are great motivators! In the meantime, though, keep your head up and know you're doing what's right. Have a good day!

Kara
Closed Thread