Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again Weekly Thread #1131

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

AMMI --

Sounds like lots of people are in good "head" places for weight loss. Let's keep it up through the holidays!

Anyone else up early today? I would have slept late, but my silly dogs can't tell time.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:31 AM   #3  

This is just a quickie flyby ... Ammi, I'm sending trans-atlantic healing prayers to you!!!

Going to finish my tea and head to work. BBL

Luv,
Rat
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #4  
Time to get serious!!

S/C/G: 345/333/150

Height: 5'3"

Just popping in again, I don't get a chance to get online much during the weekend. I'm too busy with the kids its easier at work :blush:

I ordered medifast so that is the plan I'm going with I'm very excited about it!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!!

Holy , miss a couple of days and it will take me weeks to catch up!!

I have been MIA because of the family drama...which has worked itself out. I don't know if it was TOM, my brother's GF being ridiculously paranoid, or my mistake of bringing my dad's opinion into it (which opened up a whole can of worms!!) but at least there is civility once again.

We did take a day trip to Connecticut on Saturday to the Christmas Tree Shop...which of course included a stop at one of my fav's...Crackerbarrel!!!!
Foodwise I surprised myself and did well, but shoppingwise, oh boy!!! It was fun, and so what if we have to eat soup until the next paycheck!!

I am feeling less stressed, Slammy has helped me emensly(sp?)...and doesn't talk back no matter how hard I hit him!!!

I am also doing the happy dance , because this Christmas, for the first time in 16 years, I will just have the 5 of us here!!!! Since I had the kids, everyone would come here. Yes, the Jewish girl in the family would cook the Christmas dinner! I will still cook the turkey and everything else, but on my terms and timetable, and in my SWEATPANTS!!! I am also NOT going to clean the bathroom!! I am such a happy girl just thinking about it!!

Have a Great Day!!

PS-Ammi: I am so happy Alton Towers went well. I hope your skin improves quickly!!

Sandy: I love glittermaker!! I am glad you figured it out...it is a little difficult!!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Geekgirl: I hope medifast is the plan for you. Good luck hun.

Donna: cool that you got to go on a trip. I'm glad that you had a good time.

My dogs must have been too warm because they just kept wagging their tails right against the dresser so it kind of sounded like a bass drum. lol. I put them out and decided to jump on here real quick before I go spend some quiet time with God. Hope you all have a wonderful op, water drinking, exercise filled day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 11-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #7  

Default hi

just wanting to say hi to everyone. finally got rid of my bronchitus. i am spending much of today trying to clean my house it was sadly neglected while i was sick. also trying to find all my christmas knick knacks which i misplace every year. i will be back on the treadmill on tuesday though dont know how long my right knee and leg is getting worse and worse every day
.anyways hugs to everybody today!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #8  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Donna - Enjoy anticipating your lazy Christmas! My aunt, who almost always hosts, feels precisely the same way. I'm goin' anyway though! He he

Val - Glad you feel like TOPS might give you what you need right now. Proud of you for reaching out for something. In many ways it's easier to surrender - I know this from painful and fruitless experience of my own. So way to go, and good luck with TOPS!

Rat - YAY for size 18's!!!! I have a pair of 12 year old size 18 jeans that I just wiggled into recently. They are obscenely and ridiculously tight. Completely unwearable. Probably for the best, as they actually have stirrups in the feet. Ahhh, the 90's. It's funny though...I tried them a few weeks ago, and there were INCHES between the button and the button hole even with all the torque I could manage. About 2 pounds later in the middle of my yo-yoing and scale stalls I suprised the heck out of myself because I did them straight up. So it seems it's true that things are still going on during seeming plateaus. Anyway, congrats again on being in "the teens"!

Battle - Great job giving away the too big clothes. A vote of confidence in yourself that you deserve.

Deb - I was a former big clothes keeper too. Until this go at it, I always kept everything. Now I donate them immediately...I don't even wait to have a bag full. It feels good, and right, and I highly reccommend it.

Sandy - So glad you're feeling more in control. Those little steps lead to good things. Hope you have a great week.

Well, I've had 3 days of falling numbers below 243.8 so I'm calling it: I weigh 241.3 pounds, and I am NO LONGER MORBIDLY OBESE! I once looked down at my scale and saw "404.0" and now I am no longer morbidly obese. It feels good.

Now I'm just "severely obese" (BMI 35 - 39.9). LOL. Rather endless, no?

I'm off to skate. Everybody have a great day!

Last edited by MetaChick; 11-05-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #9  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Thanks Catherine. I NEEDED an excuse to eat pumpkin pie.

Hi all. Sneaking in a few minutes on my lunch break. I think my eating is already better now that I've decided to cut myself a couple days of slack until I join TOPS later this week. I also quit my chiropractor for the moment because the time was killing me and I truly can't afford it - another reason for stress.

Get well Ammi! I haven't been able to keep up with all the goings-on on the list, but saw someone else concerned about you. I second it! You've worked so hard, done so well, inspired so many and given so much, I hope you feel MUCH better soon!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #10  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Carol – I actually joined my gym at close to my highest weight. I am lucky to have a gym in my office building that is very small and friendly. I would have had a harder time joining a main stream gym at first. They really aren’t as scary as they seem. Most people are just there for themselves and don’t pay too much attention to others. Having access to an elliptical has helped me a lot because I can get a great cardio workout that doesn’t stress my knees and feet. That was especially true at my highest and is still true now.

Battle – With all the bad stuff recently about microwave popcorn I have been thinking about buying something like this: http://www.amazon.com/NordicWare-Mic...4287891&sr=8-1. Maybe that would be a better way for you to get your popcorn than the bagged stuff?

Ammi - I am so sorry that you are feeling worse. I hope those doctors can help you out soon. This sounds totally miserable.

It was a pretty depressing weekend for me. After waiting around for my landlord to call on Saturday, he finally called me at around 4pm and said he was sorry but he couldn’t make it today, but would come on Sunday at 11am. Well – he never showed. So I spent most of the weekend stuck at home. I should have called him to check where he was, but I was so angry that I was afraid I would say something rash. My friend Jonathon was also supposed to call me Saturday afternoon and we would get together and watch a movie or something, and he never called either.

It did give me a lot of time to think however. I think my issues recently go much deeper than weight loss. It is a general all around malaise of not feeling like I know where my life is headed. I feel really disconnected from any type of personal purpose and things seem rather meaningless. Don’t worry – I am not THAT depressed. I just feel like I need something stronger in my life that gives everything I do a backbone. I wish I had some hobby/passion that really thrilled me and got me so excited that I get totally absorbed and forget everything else. Something creative that I can pour my heart and soul into. I have never found anything like that and I so envy people who do.

I need to spend some more time journaling about this and try to figure out how to move forward from here. What a journey this is.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #11  

Hello again my Peeps!

Well, about the new pants.. I lied.. the 18s are too big!! My friends told me I don't know how to shop for clothes hehe.. my friend dragged (drug?) me to Dress Barn today and I was protesting as I tried on the 16W.. they fit! hehe.. I'm so excited! I think the 16W are a more generous cut around da booty area. My friend said she'd buy the 18s I was wearing today (after a good washing, of course) hehe.

Geekgirl, I'm wishing you the best with your new program! The great thing about this group is that it doesn't matter what path you chose, just start going forward We love each and every success!

Yay Donna for a quiet Xmas!! I had that once. It was so nice. I stayed in TX and relaxed without family. Keep on slamming Slammy! I love hearing about how you beat him and he doesn't talk back.

Oh yeah Annie, I have 2 dogs whose tails could knock small trees down. They don't seem to notice when they are wagging them across the hot fireplace window! Silly things. I have a protective screen up now so I don't have to smell burning golden fur.

TTFU, yay, FINALLY!! you can breathe. I'm glad you are back. My house needs cleaning too, but I don't have the excuse that I've been deathly ill.

Meta.. 12 yr old size 18s?? hehe wow! I don't think I have any clothes that old, except for some old Tshirts. Bahahahahaha, I had to laugh at the stirrups.. omg.. I had eliminated that visual from my head until you brought it up. Yay for the late 80s and 90s!

Val, I got rid of my chiropracter too. Geesh, sounds like I "did him in" or something.. hehe. He was nice, but not helping anything (including the wallet). Come to find out that a little gym work was what I needed to strengthen and stretch.

Special *hugs* to you Nancy. The journey demands some direction at times, or at least some deeper thoughts about issues I've been neglecting in my life (hidden with food and fat). I've gotten into so many hobbies, it would make your head spin! hehe..(knitting, crocheting, painting, drawing, guitar, flute, violin, needlepoint, embroidering, home repair, yard sculpting, dogs, cats, horses, birds). As much as I have enjoyed each and every one of them (and love my animals), it doesn't address the issues in my head that have me searching for "something" in the first place. As for what that "something" is, well, I've been searching too. I sometimes get answers in the strangest places, or feel somewhat better when I know I'm not alone while looking for the answers. Hang in there chickie, we are in this together!

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkitten
Old 11-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

geekgirl, I hope the medifast works for you. Do whatever you have to do to get you losing. Let us know how it goes!!

Donna, how fun to go the the Christmas Tree shop!!! I hope you bought all kinds of goodies!!! I betcha slammy would be a good stress relief..hmmm...might have to check into getting one of those...where did you get it?
on just the 5 of you for Christmas and you can cook in sweats!!!! That's even better. Ours will be very quiet this year too. My Mom and Dad, hubby and myself and all the animals of course...heck, they have to have a stocking filled with goodies too!!!

TFFU, glad your feeling so much better!!

Rat, Yippeee for the 16's!!! That is so monumental in weight loss...gosh...your so close!!!!!

Meta, HOORAY!!! on the weight loss and almost having those 18's fit. You'll be wearing them in no time. Yep...gonna give them clothes away this Friday when we go into town. Have fun skating!!

Nancy, nothing worse than waiting around for someone who never shows. Hopefully you will get the things you need fixed, fixed. Shame on your friend Johnathan too, but maybe he has a good excuse for not showing up. It does sound like you have a lot of soul searching to do. I don't know how old you are, but I just went thru something similar. I just wonder what my purpose in life was/is. I sitll don't really know. But I guess sooner or later it will come to me. My passion is my crafts. Have you tried something like that? Hopefully you will figure it out soon. Good luck to you.

My Mom called David to tell him about Daisy,our dog, and then I got on the phone to talk to him and we both ended up saying I love you. I feel better about us now, even though he still won't come over, but I think its because of his wife.
I did another 20 minutes of exercise...WOW...three days in a row now. We've been cutting wood for more banks, now I just have to get them all sanded and then painted. I can't wait to see them all done.
Have a great day and stay OP!!
Debbie
Old 11-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #13  

Debbie, hugs to you about your sweet doggie, Daisy. I'm glad you talked to DS!! WTG on the exercise!

Luv,
Rat

Last edited by Ratkitten; 11-05-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Just a super-quick drive through to say hi and hugs to everyone, and to announce that I made it to 50 lbs. lost! Yipppee!!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #15  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

MamaB - Sounds like you have an enjoyable and low pressure Christmas ahead of you. I don't know what I'd do if I ever had to cook for a house full of people!!!! I shudder to think about it.

Patti - Glad you are starting to feel better.

Meta - Wow, you have come so far. You are the intuitive eating poster girl!

Nancy - I think I understand how you are feeling. I was feeling that way too before I started school. Not that school is my passion, but I think it's keeping me busy for now, gives me a non-weight-related goal to strive for, fills my need for achievement, and keeps my mind off the greater picture. In that way, maybe it's avoidance. But what I wanted to say is it's funny how we perceive ourselves differently than others perceive us. You say you don't have a hobby or passion and yet when I think of you, I see you as someone with several interests. I know that you love to read, particularly sci-fi stuff. I know that you are really into exercise and seem to be brave, open, and adventurous enough to try out new things (yoga and your new dance class come to mind). I also know you also are a very soul-searching person. I admire the way you strive to get to the bottom of your issues and things that come up for you as you lose weight. If you feel some other outlet for your creativity is missing, I have no doubt that you will find something to fill that void if for no other reason that you are in-tune enough with how you are feeling to recognize the void plus you have shown that you are brave enough to try new things. If you want more in your life, I know you will have it in time.

Ratkitty - Wow, even the 18's are too big. That's funny your friends said you don't know how to shop. I do think as we get smaller it's hard for us to see ourselves as we are. Maybe that is why you chose too big clothes. Anyway, glad you have some good and honest friends willing to help you out!

Debbie - I hope the "I love you's" are just the beginning the mending of your relationship. And I am so sorry about little Daisy. I am a the owner of a older dog too and I can all too well imagine how you must be feeling. They become such a part of our families, especially after such a long time.

BattleAx - WOOHOO on 50 pounds gone!!!!

As for me, I need to get started studying for my Stats test tomorrow. I haven't done as well on the last 2 as I would have liked so am hoping to pull my grade up a bit on this next one. I am also trying not to stress about our group presentation that is on Wed. There are still lose ends that need to be tied up that others are responsible for and it just doesn't seem to be happening. This is why I HATE group projects. It always seems to end up where 1 or 2 people do the majority of the work and the others just come along for the ride and the grade. Totally sucks.
Closed Thread