Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #274

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:45 AM   #2  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Good Chilly Morning All!!!

Good Chilly Morning All

It is only 32 degrees here.....The thermometer in our apt says it is 68 inside here and I don't have the heat on, but sure feels colder than that! lol.

I need some hot cocoa or something........ I did buy some instant coffee I thought I'd try cuz when its just me I hate grinding and brewing all that just for me.

Well I cleaned out my cupboards! There was some things that were expired so I just threw them out, the stuff that is not expired and bad for me I will send to work w/ DH, there are only a few things, not a lot.

But not having the tempting food around is working because earlier I wanted something sweet and there isn't anything! Well there is but I was good and didn't have it. lol. Instead I made a small bowl of oatmeal. Not quite what I wanted, but guess I have to learn to compromise a little. lol.

I also talked to my mother yesterday, she told me about the tests they are running so I wrote it all down for DH to ask MIL about. I also told her to not to worry about money that DH and I will help out and told her to do what the dr tells her. She understands the seriousness of it and is willing to do whatever it takes to fix it. I was very good and did not cry or even get sad. I kinda handled it like I would at work, asking questions, getting the information I need and passing on the info I had. Guess work comes in handy for something sometimes.......

Speaking of work my DH went in early to talk to our boss and our boss wants me to train another employee..... Wouldn't mind so much, but this employee is NOT new, he has been in DH's dept for over 90 days now, but never learned what we (my dept) do and he doesn't even do his job that well, I don't see how he is still there! UGH. And he is the type who never listens to what the Sr. Agents tell him, he always knows better..........GGGrrrr. lol

Anywho I am going to turn it around on my boss and say, "okay I'll train him, btw have you been able to approve my request off for Christmas yet?" I requested it way back in September and he can't tell me that everybody on days all had their requests in before me, that isn't possible. So I had better get it off as I worked EVERY single holiday last year and ALMOST everyone this year!

Okay off my now. lol. My boss just gets my "shackles" up. Luckily I work nights so I barely ever see him. lol.

I checked out the Exercise on Demand and there is tons of stuff on there! I didn't do any lastnight, I was just beat. I will try after I sleep today......

Tammy -- I sent you the Halloween Project, I hope you like it! Oh DH, FIL and myself all love Paula Deen!!!!! That will be a blast!!!!!!! Hope you take lots of pictures for us to see!!!!

I hope you all have a Wonderful Weekend!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Cristina - before I forget - thanks for sending the video! I don't check that email addy very often, and will try to remember to send you the one I do check daily. Your family is absolutely darling in the video! The kids are so cute! I especially like you as Raggedy Ann, though. Thank you so much for sharing.

Sassy - good luck training the guy. I hope you do get your C'mas vacation since you asked so early for it. A big YAY getting the junk out of the house. Another big yay for being strong with your mom - not that she expects you to be. I buy the No Sugar Added Swiss Miss cocoa. It's lighter than the regular, and it has 60 calories, but is much better than the "diet" stuff. Just a thought. What is Exercise on Demand?

Jules - I can't even imagine driving 6 hours a day to and from school. I hope he's planning on riding a bicycle, 'cause the price of gas each week will eat him up! Have you seen the "baby's first Christmas" ornaments at Hallmark? I got one for Jackson that Gina can put his picture in. Maybe your grandson will be here after Christmas, though? She's not having a c-section, is she?

Tammy - wow, how was Paula Deen? What did she make? I'd love to see her in person, but have to admit, I've stopped watching her show now that I'm back on WW. It made me salivate, lol. I'm also drooling over your new bling!

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Yay, I'm down 1 3/4 more pounds this week. That's 15 1/2 pounds since I recommited 9/17. Today I'm headed to town with Madison to the craft fairs. Not planning on buying much, since I'm saving my money for Christmas shopping in Chicago next week.

Gotta run, bbl.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

Jane--I buy the birthday cards for the ladies in my area, so I happenned to be in Hallmark and wandered over to the ornaments. There is one for new parents--it has a baby bottle in a bucket of ice and afew other baby items--really cute. As far as the "commute" Dave "thinks" he can do--he just doesn't think things through??? Yea....on the weight loss!!

Sassy--good luck training a person like that--I have done it at my job...it's no fun!!

Not much going on today...it's cold....

Last edited by jules1216; 11-03-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Nothing much going on...doing laundry and going to read today.

JULES...glad Teri and baby are well.

MARTI...WTG on the pound.

JANE...WTG on the loss as well.

SASSY...hoping you get Christmas off And WTG on getting all th ebad stuff out of the house!

Hi to everyone else...

Think I am going to go take a nap...so sleepy.

Have a good weekend.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good Saturday afternoon ladies...Cold and blustery here today. I plan to get out and walk or ride if I can after lunch. I have been finishing up some cleaning...shower and laundry room. It seems there is always something to clean. And with only 3 adults in the house, go figure.
I rode the bike yesterday, 2 miles. So getting back in the swing of that. I told DH I would like a stationary bike for winter, but we have no where to put it. I am still thinking on that.
Washed up some new fabric I had bought to make flannel and fleecy p.j. bottoms. I hope to sew this week if my hands stop acting up. (sore joints) I am going to the Dr. next week re: a sore shoulder, so will tell him about the hands also.
Getting excited about going away next Sun. for a few days. I hope we enjoy.
Also excited talking to DS yesterday about his trip home the 19th. Miss my "baby" boy. If I can get a good pic. I will post to show you my baby is 6'5" and around 250 pounds. LOL.

Have a good afternoon all.....
Old 11-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #7  
Rapid Cart-wheels

S/C/G: 213/200/180

Height: 5'8

just another quick check in........

my computer is still sick & feverish........ ......You know the NEW flu.....
the Hard-Drive-Flu........... so,

I have kidnapped my daughters laptop, but must get it back sooon.

I will be checking in as i can until my computer feels better.

miss you all & hope all is well with everyone.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #8  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ladies.

Hi Ladies.

Well I got some decent sleep and feel oh so much better! I feel re-energized so hopefully I will get my chores done tonight so that tomorrow I can just relax..........

I'm going to try a recipe that I saw on 30 min. meals on the food network. Here is the link for the recipe, if your interested: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._78777,00.html
Not that bad, only bad thing is you fry the tortillas in some oil quickly, then roll them with the chicken, etc and put them in the oven. But I thought they looked good and not quite as bad as some things. I am going to use skinless boneless chicken breasts though instead of the Rotisserie Chicken.

Jane -- TY. I was gonna get me some sugar free cocoa at Wal-mart but I was afraid I wouldn't like it so I didn't even bother. Exercise on demand, is something provided by our cable co. where there are lots of different exercise programs that you can watch any time you want. Its just like having a DVD, you can pause it, stop it, forward it, etc any time you want. Its not only Exercise, they have Movies on Demand, Kids on Demand that have lots of kids shows, etc. Its really nice.

I found a link, if anybody is interested, the exercise on demand has a website where you can watch the exercise programs online too:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/

Hi Cristina -- TY. I hope you had a good nap.

Sue -- WTG on the 2 miles! I used to have a stationary bike way back when. It would be nice to have one again, but we're like you, no place to put it! lol. I hope that the dr can give you something so your soreness goes away, I know how that is.......Can't wait to see a pic of your son, if you can get one! lol.

Jules -- You posted at the same time I was, I hope your computer has a quick recovery over that nasty "Hard-Drive Flu"! lol.

Big all!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-03-2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: for Jules......
Old 11-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies...

This is a quick one for now...everyone is still asleep (and before the clock change it is almost 10:30) But we were all up late.............so why am I still the only one up?????

Been a great weekend, sad to see it already Sunday. But....two more weeks and I'm on vacation! WooHoo!!

I need coffee and to read the Sunday paper. So.....I will pop on later tonight and do some catching up.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 11-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies

I got up this morning and wanted something differnt for breakfast. I thought I would share this. I took an egg and mixed salsa in it and then soaked a slice of bread in it and fried it in a pan sprayed with Pam. I then melted a slice of 1 pt mozzerella cheese on it. The whole thing is 5 pts for those on WW Flex Plan. Could be 4 if you use a slice of 1 pt bread. It was a very nice change that I will use again.

Hope everybody is having a great week end.

Trish
Old 11-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hi for now... bbl.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #12  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies

Sassy--Thanks for the Halloween project. It was wonderful. You really put some work into it. Did I hear that you were doing a Christmas one. If so, I really will send you some pics. I hear ya about working the holidays. It sucks!! I work every other holiday so this year I have to work Thanksgiving and New Years but have Christmas off.

Cristina--Your kids were darling on Sassy's project. It brought back such wonderful memories of my own kids on Halloween.

Jane--OMG!!!!! 15 1/2 lbs. You are doing so well!!

Marti--WTG on the lb lost. What week do you have off. I usually always take the week off after Thanksgiving. My b-day is that week and I also use that week to decorate for Xmas and get most of my shopping done.
But I am going to New York Wed-Thur that week with some gals from work so that might put a crimp on my usual plans.

Sue--Hope you find room for a stationary bike. What will the bikerchick do all winter if she can't bike!!

Kelton--Hope your puter is on the mend.

Trish--Your breakfast sounds yummy.

Hugs to Jules, PJ, Michelle, Mindy and so on.... Wow, did I have a great time seeing Paula Deen. I do have pics but they are a little dark. I need my DD to help me post them. Will see later tonight. Our seats were in the third row but all the way on the corner so when she was cooking behind the island, you couldn't see her well. They did have those huge screens showing everything so you didn't miss much. Her husband was there, not her boys He helped her cook. Actually she ran her jaws the entire time and had a chef and her dh do all the cooking. They made gumbo, cornbread pudding and pumpkin gooey butter cakes. She looks slimmer in real life. She was such a hoot. Always joking, making over her dh. The biggest tease was when she would bring out samples but only gave them to the student chefs which took up the entire first two rows. I nearly snatched a sample when it walked past me. Paula apologized saying that she was told she couldn't give out samples. One of the most interesting thing that happened was, because Paula is sponsored by Smithfield products, they had Smithfield workers picketing the show. They were yelling outside the show area and you could hear them. She was trying to ignore them but you could tell she was uncomfortable. The Smithfield workers claim that they are working in unsafe conditions and that Paula should not endorse their food.
So, after the show, it's about 1:00 and we are starving. The entire convention center had hundreds of vendors giving out samples of their product but there was only a chinese place and a smoothie stand to get any real food. The line was hundreds of people long. So, my lunch was several dozen pretzel sticks dipped in someone's dip, sauce, peanut butter, salsa or chocolate. I can't believe that I actually passed up chocolate. But after the combination of samples, eating chocolate every third or forth dip of the pretzel was nauseating. I'm still amazed that a convention that size didn't sell anything to eat. I was starving by the time I got home. Oh, and then coming home, the bus that was in front of us (but with our group) hit a car (nothing serious) and we were all stuck in the middle of Washington DC for a hour waiting but the ambo's, police etc. All in all, it was a really fun day and I got to show off my new diamond! Ok, I've gone on and on and you are all probably bored by now. Gotta do the "Mom" duty today. Take her out for a haircut, lunch and grocery shopping. See ya later ladies!!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Jules - I saw the C'mas ornament you're talking about, and think it's really neat for new parents.

Cristina - any fun plans with Josh this week?

Sue - where are you going on your trip? I know you said, but I forgot. Yes, please do post photos of your "baby".

Kelton - maybe you could hold the laptop for ransom, since you "kidnapped" it, lol, and make enough money to get yourself a new CP, lol. Hope you're able to post again soon.

Sassy - OIC about the Exercise on Demand. I wish I could afford a personal trainer to come to my house and make me workout, lol. About the tortillas, I'd just skip the frying step, since they'll be heated in the oven anyway. Just a thought.

Marti - glad you had a good weekend and got some rest.

Trish - mmmmm, you're recipe sounds good! I mix salsa w/egg sometimes, and nuke it for 1 minute, then wrap it in a tortilla. I'm always on the lookout for something good and healthy. If you want, you could copy and paste your recipe into the Recipe thread that is stickied at the top of the page.

Tammy - ty! Wow, your trip to see PD sounds very eventful, lol, and I'd loved to have been there, even for the picket and the fender bender. It would have been worth it, to see her. Have fun at lunch, etc w/DD today.

I'm headed with my buddy Dixie on the train for Chicago in the morning, and have to pack and tie up some loose ends today. I hope the city is all decorated for C'mas, because it's breathtakingly beautiful when it is. Anyway, I'll be back late Thursday night, so I'll "see" you all on Friday. Take care.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Well I'm off a little bit due to the time change.....so I need to quickly shower, eat breakfast, tend to the muttlets and so on. I'm home alone tonight so I'll have time to catch up then.

Hope you all have a fabulous Monday. See you later tonight.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #15  
~Believe~

Hey all.......

This morning I started having twinges of sharp shooting pain down my back into my leg and my arm............It still hurts............So I called off work for my shift tonight this morning and also made an appt w/ my dr. The next appt was going to be on Wed until they heard what my problem was then they squeezed me in today. Its at 2:30.

Anywho, I hope you all have a great day.

Hi Girls.

Dr. Said it is nerve pain and prescribed medicine. Also gave me meds for muscular pain, if I should get any. He did say my symptoms describe a slipped disc, but since I have not had an injury, he does not think its that. He said to call ASAP if it gets worse. I haven't gotten my medicines yet, I sat at the pharmacy for 1/2 hour and I was like, forget this I am going home. lol. Could not sit any longer.......lol. So DH is out to get it now.

TY Cristina for the Card!

Well that is about it.

Big

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-05-2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Wanted to add what my dr had to say.......
Closed Thread