The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #1  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Talking Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

Wow! I have never been on a thread that ran out of room before.

Well, today is a good day for me to start a new thread because today is the first day in about 6 weeks that I exercised. Or ate food I prepared at home. I am kind of in withdrawal and kind of loving it. I am being gentle with myself today, but I am sticking to it however soft the workout might be and however many meals I have. They will be no closer than 2 hrs. apart and they will be nutritionally balanced. I will also not be beating myself up.

Cindy, you are a married lady by now. Thinking about you dear.

Shygirl, chick, Sirak, everyone. Here's to another 101 pages.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

It must be me...both of my regular threads got closed...but they were both over 2 years old. :P
This weekend was spring cleaning (yes, I might have procrastinated a bit) and I got a good back day in on Saturday. Today is spin class and front day. This morning was day two of not being in the 170's any more. Or EVER AGAIN.

Here's to new beginnings!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #3  
Lovin' Zumba!

Default I'm married!

Hi gals - I'm back, just for a drive-by post!

The wedding went well, but my eating is out of control! I'm going to try to keep it a bit more controlled during the cruise (yeah, right!), and then get back on the wagon when we return.

Chick - congrats for hitting the 160's!

And congrats to all of us for having to start a new thread!

Now, let's see if I can attach a photo for you all to see...
Cindy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cindy wedding.jpg (54.2 KB, 125 views)
Old 10-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #4  
Chick

Oh what a gorgeous bride you are Cindy!!! You look so beautiful and so happy.
Ya'll make a real handsome couple.

Go Chick!!! New beginnings!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #5  
Chick

Me again. Hey girls, I really need some support. I am on an all out binge. The worst one in years. I can't seem to stop. It is all tied into that, I am going to start tomorrow and so today I will have a last fling. Except I can't get beyond the fling. It's bad. I am ready to stop. I know it is going to be hard. Things are on the verge of being in good shape. My show is half hung. Opens Tuesday, a lot still to do but I can manage it and best of all the end is in sight. The kitchen is done. I can't quite get to my boxes of the contents of my kitchen but I can start over the weekend. My mom is adjusting beautifully and seems pretty well, I am visiting her every weekend. My daughter and her SO have moved into my Mom's house. They are too close, meaning they can drop in whenever they need something. On one hand it irritates me but mostly I love it. They've still got a lot of growing up to do and now I feel I have two children instead of one. My love life.... well if you could even call it that, is kind of fun right now. Oh, work is making me very crazy, it is unstable and has kept me upset the last couple of days. So, help me get back on track! Please!

Last edited by ledom; 10-04-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:45 PM   #6  
Lovin' Zumba!

Ledom - step away from that kitchen! You do not want to further undo anything you´ve accomplished for yourself in the past years.

You can rein this in - you know you can. Buy yourself some SF-FF jello, and wean yourself from that sugar!

Love life?????? Do tell!

I´m in Barcelona right now - we head to the ship tomorrow pm. May not be able to check in once we are onboard. We get back on the 14th.
Cindy
Old 10-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #7  

Cindy - SO Gorgeous!! Enjoy your trip!

Ledom - i'm prolly the last person who should be giving anti-binge advice.... But here goes. Get the trigger food out of the house. Pour salt in it if you have to. Then plan at least a couple days worth of healthy meals. It starts now. You can do this!! Get your kitchen together so you have no excuses not to cook. Maybe you can enlist the help of daughter and SO? So exciting your show is almost here already!!
So your mom is doing well, too.

As for me....I'm chugging along, today is a rest day. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:47 AM   #8  
Chick

Happy Monday morning. I am happy to report that I have worked out 2 mornings in a row. This morning I thought for a second about not and then rolled out of bed and put my workout clothes on. Yay me because girls it is depressing. I tried to find something new to wear to my show over the weekend and it was not fun. I didn't find anything! Well, I found a sweater but I gotta have something to go with it and I found nothing. I love clothes as you all know and I have outgrown most of my clothes. Just barely, but lord help me, I feel so sad about it now. I meant to be feeling good about myself tomorrow. That is the roughest thing, I have hit the number on the scale that tilts back to the old ledom. It isn't a specific number, I just know I don't feel like who I am when I hit it. I feel old and unattractive and lack energy. Enough is enough.

I know I can pull myself out of this hole, I just hate it that I am having to do it again.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #9  
Dieting Diva

Ledom- You can bring it back to where it is supposed to be !Get those black pants and hang them in the pantry where you can see them. Stop going to the cookie/ cracker aisle in the grocery store. The pendulum has swung one way and now it can swing back.Remember how empowered you felt after 30 days of Jillian ? You can do this !The house is back together, your show is just about out there- the next new project is you !

Barcelona ? Um Brandy and Coffee time ! Cindy you are a gorgeous bride !I think you are probably gorgeous in real life too ! He's a handsome guy and I hope you are having a wonderful time !

Hey Chick I am saving you a spot right here---> next to me in the 150's. I'm somewhat stuck and unsure where I am going- but it better not be up !

My NSV today was going to buy a bra at Victoria's Secret and finding that I was now a C cup. I had measured out at 40( down from 44 in May)- but who would have thought the girls had lost an entire cup size too !
I did well two weeks ago and managed 3 workouts in one week. Last week was bad. I had a sore glute for a couple of days, Football consumed an entire day and then suddenly I was getting ready to go away for the weekend.
This week is not any better. I have pretty much mapped out my time and between meetings at the school, football( kills the afternoon) and a visit from DD21's BF thiscoming weekend. I am not seeing a whole lotta free time. I am going to stick to it somehow and get my time in . I have to maintain at least until I can get the diet back on the straight and narrow. When I stopped writing my food all of those nasty snack monsters came out- plus it is just a busy time.
I forgot to update the subscription when the thread changed and nothing was showing up as new post when I checked under user CP. Then I saw that the last person to sign onto the thread was Suzanne ( doh). I am going to stick the link right now before I forget.
and Ledom- find those black pants !

Last edited by sirak; 10-08-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Hey, y'all.

This is my first post here. While I have been doing a Body for Life-ish type of thing for the past six months, I've come unraveled the past two weeks. I've been binging like you wouldn't believe (I won't go into the ugly details, but trust me, it's ugly.).

I need to get my focus back, so over the weekend I stopped by Barnes and Noble and picked up "Making the Cut." I confess that I didn't know who Jillian Michaels was, but the book looked good.

It seems that a couple people have done the full 30 days, but that knees are an issue. I was a bit concerned because of "cross over lunges" and stuff that I know I can't do.

Any other advice before I jump in?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #11  

Welcome KylieH! I haven't actually done the Making the Cut workouts yet - but I did the ones from Winning by Losing a few times. I think pretty much all of us modified the workouts to some extent to suit our specific needs/issues. For me - the biggest take away that I learned from Jillian is building a habit of exercise. I think her advice is amazing, and I learned most of what I know about weight training from her books. My modification was to cut out the cardio during the circuits. I know it's pretty central to her plan, but for me I would rather spend more time in the gym and focus on my form. I get plenty of cardio in outside of my weight training.

sirak - so sweet!! Keep that spot warm, cause I'm comin'. WTG on a new bra...nie NSV.
BTW - there's nothing wrong with practicing maintenance when the schedule gets too hectic.

ledom - I'm sure you'll rawk that new sweater. And your show is gonna be amazing. You put so much into it - hard work always shows.

So my big move of the week was to cut out Ice Cream. It was outta control. Friday I polished off a 1/2 gallon in one shot. It actually feels pretty good, I feel like I have a little more control. Today was back day. The workout was good. Tomorrow is a rest.

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 10-08-2007 at 11:27 PM. Reason: sp
Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 AM   #12  
Chick

Morning, 3 new posts! It was a busy posting night.

Kylie, I second what chick says. Modify where you need to. It is a great workout that will give you results. The dreaded binge. I actually thought I had left that behind but when major life stresses hit, that is exactly what I did.

Sirak, good to hear from you. Been missing your posts. You do sound busy. You know the thing I have to avoid is the fast food drive thru. That is where I headed when my kitchen was out of commission. Yesterday I didn't have time to fix my lunch and snack for work but finally made the choice to hit the grocery store for a good protein bar, some cheese sticks and apples and that got me through the day just fine.

Your analogy of the pendulum is perfect. I didn't quite think of a word for what I was feeling but I definitely felt that Sunday I had reached the highest weight, the worst icky feeling of my clothes being too small. That everyday after that I would be on my way to a smaller and happier self. After working out yesterday morning I had that sense of well being that only sweating out toxins in the workout room can give.

Thanks for your encouragement everyone.

Oh, by the way I did finally find the perfect dress last night. Believe it or not, a "little black dress" that is cut pretty nicely. When I saw it on the rack I actually prayed that it would fit. Somehow, miraculously almost, it did. Just in the nick of time too. Show opens today.

Last edited by ledom; 10-09-2007 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #13  
Dieting Diva

Ledom, I am excited about the new show opening and hope all went well. IThis journey has been a hard one-but in the end you ended up learning something about your art.I wish I could come and see it.
I got 30 minutes in yesterday. Today is a meeting at the school for my son's learning issues and my parents are coming down( which makes everything crazy),Lunch is planned tuna salad- but everything goes out of control when you throw in "the some day to be" Ex and my parents.
I want things to calm down. We have three weeks DS13 cannot play football until he gets his American History grade up.DH has some trips coming up so he won't be dropping in as much. Cooler temps mean the grass will hopefully stop growing as much ( meaning less mowing).I want a couple of days to sit and watch everything I have Tivo'd in the last two weeks before the DVR runs out of room.
I do have a couple of tomato plants that are growing crazy and have 30 fruit showing. We had this happen last year and had tomatoes in the window sill until the week before Christmas.
I have to go and get ready for this thing-It is in an hour !
Old 10-11-2007, 05:02 AM   #14  
Chick

Thanks Sirak, I wish you could come too. It'll be up thru Oct. 31 if you are passing through let me know.

My opening was fantastic. I was so so pleased with how it all came together. No apologies, I just loved the way the work looked. So many people came and were so complimentary of the work it just made me happy. I heard myself say several times, "It's the happiest day of my life." I think that came from acknowledging the fact that the hard work was finally over, I don't have to worry about it anymore. Plus the fact that so many friends came to see me and the work. Just a very warm fuzzy feeling.

I am ever so slowly unpacking boxes and putting my kitchen back together. I still haven't unearthed the pots and pans but I have managed to get my diet back where it needs to be this week for the first time of any extended period since it all fell apart. I have done some sort of exercise every day as well. I am still working to get back up to speed on my consistency with the really intense workouts but it's coming. Lot's of water weight gone too!

We are at mid-semester now. I am teaching a class this semester that is taking an immense amount of preparation time as I am finally joining the 21st century and making powerpoint presentations instead of showing slides. Very time consuming, but after this first semester it will be easier.

Hope you survived your company Sirak. Company is distracting, isn't it? Hope the meeting for your son went well. Have you posted a recent picture?

Oh yeah, I wanted to tell you about the great breakfast I have been making lately. For years it seems I have been having oatmeal, cottage cheese and blueberries and raspberries for breakfast. Now that summer is gone the berries aren't cheap. They really never have been but at my store they recently took a price hike. Instead I have been cutting up half a nectarine to include. Since I make batches of oatmeal I nuke the nectarine and oatmeal for a couple minutes and then add cc and splenda. It is so good, like peach cobbler kind of.

Chick, how's that spinning class going?

Last edited by ledom; 10-11-2007 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #15  
Dieting Diva

Ledom ! I am so glad that it came off well !I thought from the amount of prep and the intensity that you were working at that this was a very big installation of work. YAY !

I like the idea of the oatmeal with the nectarine. We had just plain oatmeal for breakfast with spenda brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. DS14 has to have something carb o lious for breakfast before morning football practice. When you make batches do you just reheat in the morning? Oatmeal is a two minute deal at my house- but it takes longer to clean up the mess( like when it boiled over in the microwave at 6:15 this morning).Do you store it in single serve ? I am thinking your cc and fruit additions would be good for DS14 also.
I didn't freeze enough blue berries this year, so I am already starting to ration them out ! ACKKK !
Meeting went well for son-they will hold off mainstreaming him into a regular reading class until his grades go up. My parents are always fun to visit with- I just didn't need everything on the same day two days after I came home from Austin.
I did mow yesterday( with my yard and push mower it is exercise). Food wasn't great but I have been so hungry. I can't seem to get the appetite in check. My sleep is messed up again and my RX doesn't want to work anymore. My energy level is down. It's all a big circle of cause and effect.I don't sleep well I eat junk. When I eat junk I feel yucky and have no energy.I don't get anything done and then I don't sleep well.
UGH- so I am changing diet and working out this morning.I just have to get over this hump.
here is a photo of me and Mom at the Dallas Arboretum's pumpkin patch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of mom and me.jpg (46.2 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by sirak; 10-11-2007 at 09:26 AM.