South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday's Chick Chat

GOOD MORNING!

Another crisp fall day, my favorite time of the year and my favorite day of the week! It should be a pretty good day, I'm driving the girls to school, running errands for Cindy, and Maggie and I are meeting some friends after school for lunch and a playdate. We're going to a Chinese restaurant where I plan to order the steamed shrimp and broccoli, so I should be OK. We're having pizza for supper.

How's your day looking?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:45 AM   #2  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy Friday!

Cottage - I could never be that good at a chinese place, so they are off limits for right now.

I just logged in for a quick second while the dog is outside, now I'm off to the track.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Dixie, have a good run!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:09 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage and Dixie!
Dixie, Hope your time at the track is fun
Cottage, that chinese food sounds yummy!

Going to be a rough OP weekend. Have to leave a little later for the wedding weekend...rehearsal dinners, cocktail parties etc. Plan on staying as OP as I can.

Here is that frozen custard recipe. It is best eaten right away, but if you have put it in your freezer before you eat it, take it out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter a while...we had to do that last night...then break it up with a fork.

Whisk all the following together and freeze according to ice cream freezer's manufacturers directions:

1 cup light cream (I used cool whip)
1 cup 1% milk
1 cup granular splenda
3/4 cup egg beaters
2 teaspoons vanilla (I used a vanilla bean)

We added frozen blueberries to it before freezing, but you could add anything you like or just have it plain. Not something for every day, but a great treat!

Last edited by femmecreole; 11-02-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning everyone! It's very, very foggy here this morning but it'll burn off as Cottage's lovely fall day moves north. Hershey disappeared completely when she stepped off the back deck.

Cottage, your day sounds nice. Good luck with the Chinese though. A ww pizza for supper sounds great. I make fake one with a pita and leftover meat sauce tonight.

Dixiedieter, I really admire folks who can run. One of these days I'll be able to get back to walking but I don't think running will be on the schedule. I'm like you with Chinese food - it's an addiction.

Cat, that ice cream sounds yummy. Maybe it could go into the Recipe section later when you have the number of servings figured out. I have a Donvier ice cream maker and might try it in that.

Nothing specific planned for today except cranking out the Church bulletin. Donna is coming to clean - life got in her way this week - and I may do ironing or sewing while she's here. I really want to quilt but need to get mending and other odds and sods out of the way. I might even get part of the front garden cleaned up.

Have a lovely TGIF, Beachies.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, don't you just love that Friday feeling? I can wake up slow today because I don't have to get the kids off to school - they are off today. And the ONLY good thing about that is not having to rush in the AM. It definitely makes it more challenging to get in a day of work.
I'm kind of pleased with myself today because I think I'm back in my cleaning groove. I used to be on a routine where I broke the housecleaning up into a bit each weekday, then on the weekend I was free to do other stuff instead of spending Saturday cleaning (my usual). I've been trying to get back into it, not so successfully, but if I get all the bedsheets changed and scrub my kitchen on my lunch hour today, then I will be done for the week. I hate cleaning on the weekends.
Tonight we'll go to my Mom's for pizza with the family. And that's it for my big exciting plans for the day.
Have a sunny Friday all you chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 11-02-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:29 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Re the frozen custard...I'd say it makes about 4 servings. I served it in ramekins and it filled up 4 of them
Old 11-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good TGIF morning fellow beach ladys. Today is my weigh in day and I am up 2lbs from last friday and I am not to sure why. I cut out soda completey this week just water and the occasional decaf green tea, I also uped my workout intensity. Maybe next week will be better to me as I don't feel I have gained.

Femme good luck on staying OP and I will have to try that recipe

Cottage, Ruth, Dixie & Schmoodle I hope you all have a great day!

Going to look around the site now be back later.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

It's finally Friday!!! Here's hoping it goes by fast! Not much on tap this weekend beyond watching the Colts/Patriots game on Sunday. Gosh how I would love to go but tickets to this game are outrageous! I will watch from my couch and be happy I am not fighting the crowds!

Cottage I guess I am lucky that DH refuses to eat chinese as I know I wouldn't have the strength to eat OP!

Dixie Hope your run was good and your friday is just as rewarding!

Cat Some extra willpower dust for you this weekend. Hope there are enough choices that you can stay mostly OP should you wish!

Ruth Wishing you a great Friday, may you get all your niggles done today!

Schmoodle I say everyweek I am going to clean throughout the week and have a free weekend! Never happens, especially the laundry! I don't get home until 6:30 every night and by the time I cook supper and clean that up I am done for the day. Oh well, my house is clean to the eye during the week and that is what matters I guess.

Scales are dipping back down, I don't feel so angry with myself over the slip ups! On ward and down ward I say!

Have a great Friday all, check back later!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday! I just got back from a church function that is going on tonight and then all day tomorrow. It's a family conference of sorts and I'm in charge of the wee under-four year olds! We actually only had two tonight, and if they all come back I'll have five tomorrow with my two girls added in, so it was a nice evening. I did miss Survivor, though, so I'm hoping to be able to catch the episode on my computer somehow. No one spoil it!

Completely on plan yesterday and today. I'm feeling better about myself, although I know it's going to be slow going. Why does it come on so much faster than it comes off???

I'd better brush my teeth so I don't get The Snackies. See you all in the morning!

Kara
Old 11-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Again, no time for personals. I've got more inspecting today. Yesterday was really a pleasant surprise as we got more done than I anticipated. It looks like we'll definitely be done with the inspections by the time I leave for Austin next week. Woohoo!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Hi everyone Can't believe it is already Friday. I have a moment since I don't need to pack the kids school lunches this morning. It sounds like everyone is wrapping up a good week or off on to the weekend.

Is it the journal that a person can ask alots of silly questions, get things out and get answers or is it blogs? I don't think I should start a new post but being new to this computer thing I am not sure where to go. I am still working on my ticker!

Well I have used up all my extra minutes and then some I gotta run.
Have a great day and a safe one.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #13  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

[QUOTE=phxsunflower;1915488]
Is it the journal that a person can ask alots of silly questions, get things out and get answers or is it blogs? I don't think I should start a new post but being new to this computer thing I am not sure where to go. I am still working on my ticker! QUOTE]

You can use either the journal or the blog to get things out. I'm not sure about getting answers, I guess it would depend on what you were asking, and if you asked for feedback. I use the blog now but on other sites I've used the journal.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I don't waaaannnnnnnnaaaa go to work today..... (WHINE)

Morning girls. It was a long night last night. X-DAH has decided since I won't commit perjury so he can have his divorce right now, he's going to bug me with text messages, so neither of us gets what we want. What a schmuck. For every time he bugs me again, I'm going to add 2 weeks to the date that I'm willing to sign. We're up to March 15 now. Doesn't bother me at all. I'm not the one seeing somebody. I can wait the full 2 years of separation before I have to sign. Not my problem.

Well I'm going to watch some TV and drink some green tea before time to get ready for work. I loathe Fri-Sat. Sunday is coming soon! WOO HOO! Have a good one girlies!

Lisa
Old 11-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Good afternoon! I sure could use a blanket and some hot chocolate on the beach today as it is windy a cool here.

Pacer glad the scale is working in your favor cause sure aint for me

Kara great job on your two great days - two usually leads into 3 nad so on

Weezle don't work to hard. Sorry for all your going through

Kim, Phx have a great afternoon
Closed Thread