Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #1  

Default 30 Somethings November Challenge - Lets Talk Turkey about our Weight Loss

I did it, I did it, I did it! Last day of October I hit my goal and loss the 9 lbs! Sooooo, I am going to go after the same goal for November. I KNOW I can do 9 pounds this month also. I am keeping up my workouts. Kicking butt with Dance, Dance Revolution. And eating VERY, VERY well!! And, well, limiting my wine as much as I possibly can!! My reward so far has been loss of pds and inches and I am fitting in all sorts of old clothes now and feeling so energized and so much better about myself in general.

All are welcome to join me. Set whatever goal u can manage. We will be here for support and encouragement!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/232/190

Height: 5ft 7in

Well done!
Had a bot of a down day today, after on losing 1/2 a lb this week, so needed to join for the motivation of others.
Hoping to lose at least 14lb by christmas, so i'm with you girl!!
Gonna try to step up my exercise game wanna look fabulous when santa climbs down my chimney!
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #3  

just checking my ticker
Old 11-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #4  

still checking
Old 11-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

I'm in for the November Challenge. I plan to lose 5 pounds by the end of November. Part of that goal includes 1. stop eating when I feel satisfied rather than stuffing myself and 2. exercise at least three times a week.

Congrats Laurie on reaching your goal!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:10 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6

I'm in too...5 pounds by the end of November which is going to be a definite challenge, cause I LOVE THANKSGIVING!!!! I'm going to try to come up with some dessert recipes with splenda to lower the calories...they have a great website.

I'm already doing 5-6 days exercising a week, so I'll keep up on that....and no beer...wah

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Last edited by pmasci; 11-02-2007 at 07:11 AM.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/247/150

Height: 5 3

I am in I will match your 9 pounds. Congrats on last months win. Good luck to all. I to will exercise more and stop munching. we can do it girls.
snowangel200369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #8  

I am psyched. I am down 1 more lb. Goooooo working out. Been eating well too and staying away from the darn wine!!! Sooooooooooooo, 8 more to go folks!!

Yes, GG, I am weighing in every day again but only on my losing week (right after TOM). I have recognized that I usually lose about 5 pounds in this week every month (water from before and more).

Feeling awesome!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #9  
eeg

S/C/G: 215/203/160

Height: 5'6''

My goal for this month is to 1) not binge, 2)plan meals in advance, 3)exercise at least 3 times each week, and 4) only weigh myself on Dec 1st.

Emily
eeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:28 AM   #10  

Emily, Sounds like a great plan. I am sure u will see some loss that way! I am about to head into my plateau but think tomorrow i might see a small loss. Overall this week I have lost 2 lbs.
I am still keeping my food diary at fitday everyday and have gotten DH hooked too. We had a small dinner party this weekend but made everything healthy. People are amazed how great the food is that I am making low or no fat. I made a 7 layer dip with chili, ff cheddar, salsa, ff sourcream, etc. Served with baked tortilla chips. Was Yumm! Also did a rice boiled in ff low odium beef broth, shrooms and diced onion with some filets and steamed green beans. Delish!

So, anyway, I am keeping it up. Losing. Fitting into old clothes. I have 7 more lbs by the end of the month to "hit goal". I think I can do that.

Laurie
Old 11-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #11  

Fantastic job, Laurie!!! I'm gonna start checking out the recipe board...I know you've posted a lot on there...gonna try a few!!

Got on the scale this AM & lost two pounds. I am totally shocked. Been working out for 2 1/2 months & nothing, this last two weeks four pounds. I had an IUD removed about a month ago, maybe I just needed to go through a normal "cycle" (if you know what I mean) to get rid of the rest of the hormones, I think they were helping me hold on to the weight. Whatever it is, it's awesome. So I have three more pounds to go for the month, but will go for as much as my body wants to lose!!! Keeping up with the exercise 5-6 days, and healthier eating...can't wait to see what happens!!

Pam
Old 11-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #12  

checking in...where is everyone??? Haven't lost any more weight, but am still working out. missed Thurday, but back on today. 5-6 days/wk!!! Keep it up, girls!!
Old 11-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #13  
New November Member

Hello Everyone,

I just joined the site, and I want to be part of the November challenge. Starting tomorrow, my goal will be to lose 5 pounds by December 1st. I'm one of those people that step on the scale every morning, so I'm going to weigh tomorrow and December 1st only. That will be tough for me!

Laurie, I read in your post that you are doing Dance Dance Revolution. I just bought a wii and the DDR game. Got the wii plugged up Friday night, and plan on setting up the DDR tonight. I've heard it has exercise modes. I can't wait to try it. My goal is to come home from work every night and dance for 15-20 minutes. I have a stressful job, so I need that as a stress reliever also.

Good luck everyone!

Kristi (and my new wii nickname is kikii)
gpburdell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 264/149.6/140

Height: 5'8

Hi!
I have been away from this site for months and as to be expected haven't done well. I would really like to get it together and lose some more weight! I am like a yo yo either up or down (mostly up!!) I have the big 4-0 next summer and am trying to get that to motivate me plus I have a physical in a few months. It would be nice to have good results and not scary ones! I know too many people with type 2 diabetes and I don't want to be one of them!

Well, with that said since I am joining in mid month I would like to lose 5 lbs by the end of the month!

I think I will also try the Dance Dance Revolution too! My kids love it! We have the Mario version for the gamecube.

good luck everyone!
Laura
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #15  

Gosh!! I LOVE DDR!! Soooo fun and keeps my steps up. I try, try to get 10 K but its hard when my job has me sitting most of the day. I have been on my plan, working out and eating well with the expection of some chinese food last night. Was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooood! It had been sooo long (well 3 months) since I last had anything like that. Yummmm!! Went for a walk last night too. Was freakishly warm. Bella had brownies. They got their first patch for a fundraiser (where I sold all the stuff so I should be getting the patch- hehe).

This past weekend, I did a wine tasting (wines that go with turkey and stuffing). Went over real well. Lots of people came. We made a good amount too. Then we had 2 couples over. Was going real well until the girls and I went up to change and go clubbing. One of the girls just started crying out of the blue. Guess thing have not been going well at home. Felt so bad for her. She ended up leaving without her hubbie and he got too drunk to drive himself home so crashed on my couch and then went to the office (on sunday) and to a bar afterward to watch the game. Not too hard to see what the problem is there. Jerk!!

Sunday, went shopping. My DH is on a diet too. He lost some weight so I bought him some new jeans and khakis at the GAP and bought this really nice Nautica jacket for him. He loved it!!

This week has been dead at work. Literally NO SALES!! But its ok. I got some decent basket orders so I have been busy with that.

Oh, and for this week I lost 2 lbs!! YAY!!

TTYL!!