Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 05:33 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default LO CARB #27 The bus is going in the right direction!

Hey all

Mother's Day is 22 days away! How are we doing?

I can say that I am doing better. I will get my 5th w/o in teh morning and I haven't done that in months. I am so proud of myself! Got all my water in yesterday. But I am sad to say I had poto wedges at KFC( Sue's nemesis). UGH

But I'll tell you my joints are singing!

But I am pleased to say I do feel better. overall.

Sue how did your meeting go?

Melody, I agree that life certainlt does get in teh way

Dana, come on girl. Check in. It gets easier everytime. I need to hear from you even it it;s about rust stains in teh toilet.

Pam how are things going?
LK- ?

Terri. the kids been off school?

I hope I haven't missed any one>

Well the week is over and we did it!

I think we can do anything!
Old 04-19-2002, 09:37 AM   #2  

As a Christian woman, I know in my heart that the Lord will take care of things for me, but I also have to stay true and contribute to making happen what I want to happen. I need to change my way of thinking, and sometimes have a change of heart.

My life has been in a shambles for a while now, and I had a hard time holding on. I had difficulty thinking straight and/or trying to stop myself from thinking because all my thoughts were negative. Depression is a nasty thing, but it's not a stranger to me.

I finally went to the doctor a while back, and he put me on antidepressants. I let myself have them for about a month and then went off of them. I knew I had to pull myself together...I've done it before (many times).

I've been sick for about 7 weeks...I had the stomach flu, and then the respiratory thing (did I quit smoking...ARE YOU KIDDING???). I still have a cough, but it's much better than it has been. I've been off the program for about a month, and have GAINED 4 pounds (I"m back up to 203). Dang it!!!

As of today, I am back on the program. This weight loss has always been for and about me, but I had developed an "I don't care any more about anything" attitude. IN working to pull myself back together, I had to admit to myself that I really do care about many things, and that my first concern should be to get back to being the caring, loving person that I truly am.

My life is still in a shambles, but I am reworking my attitude and trying to learn to cope until I can figure out how to make the necessary changes...but first, I have to change me.

I"m looking forward to being back on your wagon! I feel as though I have let you all down, but I know in my heart that you all understand and forgive me. I NEED YOUR help, support and prayers. And understand, although you don't see me here all the time, you are all in my prayers and I try to check up on you when I can.

Love you all,

Lee
Old 04-19-2002, 04:22 PM   #3  

Wink Down but not out!

Hello all!

Glad to see eveyone is doing so well! I have been way so far from being OP it not even funny! I pulled a muscle in my back so I have been laid up in bed since wed. and the only thing the helps keep the meds down is bread! Still doing good on water, but no gym for a couple of weeks! Argh!

Anyway, you all keep up the good work! I will keep checking in to see how you all are doing!

LK
Old 04-20-2002, 08:49 PM   #4  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Okay, I will try this again....Baby turnes on the phone, and i lost everything I had typed last time.

PAT- Glad to hear you are doing so well on working out....send asome of that motivation my way.

LK- Sorry about the back. I am wishing you well right this second!

Lee- I am so happy to hear from you. We keep you in our prayers too.

I don't know why I try to stay Op during TOM. It's near impossible for me. I start every morning out perfect, and in the afternoon I blow it everytime. Today has been better, but I am hoping for a day full of success tomorrow.

I have to change the way I think about food. I am food addicted. Food is my drug, and when i try to deny myself something i want to put into my mouth, swometimes I get almost angry, like I am denying myself something...like I am getting cheated. How can I change the way I think...How did you guys overcome that???

I hope to have better things to report on Monday!

love ya all!
Old 04-21-2002, 11:36 AM   #5  

Default ANOTHER WEEK GONE

Hello everyone

Lee, it is so good to hear from you.....you are in my thoughts and prayers...I am sending hugs ((((((((( )))))))))))) your way.....

another week to start again..I was almost halfway to Mothers day goal and UUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!! THIS weekend got the best of me...I havent been out in long time without kids that is...and hubby took me to horse race track... well,, along with watching the horses,, I ate and drank like one...ah well,,, another day..so far so good

everyone take care , I will talk to ya later this week.....
Old 04-21-2002, 08:32 PM   #6  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello My Friends!

I just got back from visiting my son at school. We left Thursday, so it was a nice visit! For those of you who may not know, I have 2 sons in college. My oldest will graduate next month! Can't believe it! My youngest is a freshman out of state.........so we go see him when we can! The good-byes don't get any easier! (But the hellos make up for it!)

I have been "OKAY" as far as the food goes.......but BAD as far as moving my butt! I need to get on here daily.........regardless! Tomorrow is Monday and I PROMISE to post daily! If I don't......please feel free to private message me a good scolding!

I am off to laundry land! Again...I WILL POST TOMORROW!

Take care!

Dana (Hopeful as always!)

Old 04-21-2002, 09:14 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi all! LEE glad you are back!!! 4 lbs is not much it is mostly water adn will be off soon. do not worry.

To all I will be checking in but really have to get paper work ready for tuesday!!!! so I am here a bit off plan. TOM is here I wonder why. but i am ready to get back OP!!!! i have been doing great till my mom was here but will be ready for monday (I was fairly good today)

So all girls hang in there i will be full of vinegar when i get time to be here so watch out!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 05:45 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Good monday morning all!!

Well guess what? DH and I are going in to put a purchace offer in on a house. GOT STRESS? We went and looked at it yesterday. It is perfect. Now comes the stress. I was so wound up last night I couldn't settle down. Finally went for some warm milk. with vanilla in it. You know that it wasn't half bad. It is literally in move in condition.

OP? pretty much. Was strong on Sat. Sun got kinda iffy later in the day.

Well. The next month will probably be like a roller coaster.

Lee, I am so glad to see your post. I am so sorry that you have been battling depression. It is such a dark and frustrating place. Been there myself. It also take time to emerge from teh darkness. I am sorry that you didn't like the meds. I trullt beleve that it is a chemical imabalence that the new antidepressents help with. You are not alone. 4#'s in teh scheme of things is pretty good considering what you have been going through. Take your time, forgive yourself any food mishaps. I hope the answers that you are seeking are out there. But yes, initially the focus has to be you, before you can tackle anything else. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sue, Good luck with your meeting. I appreciate that you take the time to let us know that you are doing ok. I can't beleive that we are in teh cold again. But it is only April. I am so excited about this house. Terrified too. It just kinda worked out. Now we will see.

Terri. I have never been to a horse race. I have only seen them on TV. Is it fun?

Pam Hey girl. Check in when you can.

Melody, I too crave the fake " solace" that food gives me. I try and focus on teh fact that it only lasts a very short time. But the weight, guilt and shame stays alot longer. PMS just mixes things up a bit. I was taliking to a friend who is a recovering person. And we were talking about the power that these things hold over us. I feel that food is very dangerous, because we can't stop eating. like we can stop taking drugs or alcohol.

Dana, Sue is going to be back on you if you don't move that butt! Have you tried working out when you get up in teh morning? It's done and over with and you have the rest of the day, without the mental battle.

LK, watch that back thing. Don't push yourself too much. I hope you are better.

Well I think that's the roster!

You all have a great day! I am going to carry a paper bag to breath in LOL.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:33 AM   #9  
Muscle Mommy

Happy Monday!!!!!

Well ladies, I am happy to read that the majority of us are doing so well. I wish I was included in that but I am not. I know what is messing me up...it is TOM. TOM always makes me eat like a pig! So for hte rest of the week I am OFF plan....Why? Well, if I am on plan, I am constantly worrying about food...what to eat, how much to eat, and mostly wanting what i CAN NOT HAVE. Yesterday I was off plan, and I actually ate less than I normally would have, ON plan. (granted I ate more carbs than I normally would have, but the amount of food i consumed was much less.) So I am experimenting this week. I can't stay on plan because of TOM anyway, so I figure I will try this and see what my weigh in is at the end of the week. I will continue to drink lots of water and stay off the soda (my weakness). 80 ounces of water a day will be my goal this week.

I am also doing a day workout challenge for myself. I am working out for the next 3 days....no excuses, no lies to myself. I acccomplish things better if I have "mini goals". At the end of three days I will make a new goal and go from there.

Well ladies havwe a nice week...see ya tomorrow!
Old 04-22-2002, 09:11 PM   #10  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello All!

Well.................Monday started with good intentions. Went to work today and guess what............................ The third grade sponsored a bake sale to raise money to buy acres of rainforest to save. I saved helped save the rainforest buy purchasing 8 cookies to take home to hubby. The cookies made it home........IN MY STOMACH! One by one............I ate them all! Of course, it took all day. I had six at work...and two on the drive home.........but they are GONE! (Only to appear at a later date on my @$$!!!!!) I am ashamed to admit that. But, I have come clean! On the positive side......the rest of the day was on plan. Damage done. Confession made.

Yes, I plan to get up early tomorrow to exercise. I have not been moving my butt, and I know fralick that nasus is about to jump on my shoulders as you kick me in the "ever-tightening" size 20 jeans! I need to get control! I have no idea what my problem is. I have the tools..........I am simply not using them! I can not blame the stahl at the holidays any longer. We all have stahls. I need to work thru that and work harder. I have not given up, but at times I have given in to the food. The not moving my butt is also a big no-no. Like NIKE says, "JUST DO IT!"

Well............I have some catch up work to do from being away all weekend.

Take care all.

Advice for today:

AVOID BAKE SALES.........regardless of how good the cause is!

"Save the rainforest..............send a couple bucks in..........forget the toll house cookies!"

Still Dana..................Still HOPEFUL!
Old 04-23-2002, 05:30 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,
Well I hit a bump in the road yesterday in teh house hunting , but we will succeed!

So I was OP except for 3 pieces of salt water taffy. I know that I probably "saved" something by eating them( sorry Dana). I also was shy of my water. What I wanted to do was eat a box of girl scout shortbread cookies with a can of frosting. That is what I wanted! Thank god there wasn't any near me. I was talking to someone who also suggested putting jam on them. See anything can always be better. Oh, and that little girl scout was just a little frightened by that "crazy lady" , just kidding

So ladies, sounds like we got to do some things to get focused!
It is pretty simple for me.
I put the food in my mouth.
I choose whether I exercise or not.

Am I worth it? I choose that too!

I am still huddling around 228-230. I want to be 220 ( for now).
I need to make better choices.

Good Luck Girls. I am off! ( probably way off)
Old 04-23-2002, 10:06 AM   #12  
Muscle Mommy

Hello all....

I am getting a migraine, the first that I have had in months.... . sometimes it sucks to be me. Also, on my mind is the fact that I feel like I am getting weaker...I have been working out osme, but I feel that this arthritis is getting the best of me....it is in my ankles, knees, wrists, elbows, and left shoulder now. i am scared to walk up my steps. I make as few trips upstairs as I possibly can now. Iknow I am not suppose to let this thing beat me, but I feel as if it is. I wish it would just go away....but I know I will have it for the rest of my life.

I peeked at mr. Scale last nihgt...weight was 208 down one pound... maybe this thing I am doing is a good thing...I will stay Op the three weeks before Tom, and then my TOM week I will not stress over not being able to stay OP, and eat what I want moderately, and see if that works. I need to get on the ball... Summer is fastly approaching and I am still a fatty. I just wish I could get things to come together for me. I wish things would go my way for a while. I am definitely down in the dumps today...

BF and I had a huge fight last night. He is a complete FREAK when it comes to how clean the house is. I stayed up until 2:30 Saturday night cleaning the house, and then Sunday I did laundry all day. So yesterday when he came into the house there was really nothing to be done, except vacuuming the floors, and putting some of the clothes up I had folded. The house was clean. When I came home he smarted something off about the boxes I still haven't unpacked in the bedroom, and that the house was a mess, and he was tired of it. I went completely ballistic. He knows how hard I work, and I told him that until he does what I do during the day, that he can just shut his mouth. I will get the boxes up, when I get time, which probably will not be until Summer break. It's impossible to keep up with everything, and my three children all the time. He just needs to shut his mouth, before I leave his stupid @ss! Do you know what he did after starting this argument????? He went and sat his fat bum on my couch, and started watching a movie. Everytime I had to walk through the living room, I called him a foul name, and then on top of that...at 8:00 he went to bed...leaving me to go to my sisters and pick my 4 year old up (something he was suppose to do), getting the baby her bath, and getting all three kids to bed...including carrying the 4 year old up the steps asleep to bed. I ended up sleeping on the couch, because I refused to sleep with him. Then this morning he had the nerve to ask me if I had any money before he left for work... I am still so mad at him, I don't even want to go home!

I am sorry. I know I am rambling but he really pushed my buttons yesterday! I ended up having an anxiety attack...the first I have had in a year or more...they drain me...I was so shaky I didn't get to work out...but that's okay, because I bet I burned 200 calories just from yelling at him. But that is also why i probably have this migraine right now! Not a good thing getting so mad, that you feel like you could actually rip his head from his shoulders!

My mom says I should just get used to it, because he wil always be like that...but to **** with that...I'm not marrying my father, and that is who he reminds me of. My Dad was an alcoholic, and even though he didn't beat us or anything like that, all my childhood my sisters and I had to tiptoe around him. My Mom too, we couldn't play too loud..."you don't want to bother Daddy." well my kids are not going to live like that, and I am not going to be a slave to my (future) husband. He can shape up or ship out.

Again I apoligize, I guess I just needed to vent!

plan for the day is drink lots of water, and do some kind of physical activity, and to ignore my fiance as much as possible....(just wait until he wants something...I'll be damned if he gets it!)

I hope everyone has a better day than i had yesterday!
Old 04-24-2002, 06:11 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

Well good morning all.
It's wednesday, the week is halfway over. They go by so fast.
House hunting sucks.
PMS sucks
Being fat sucks
Arthritis sucks
Men can suck

Well I think that just about covers it.

Dana, Happy administartve assistant day to you. I hope they take you out to a nice lunch.

Melody I am sorry you had such a bad day. I hope today is better. Unless he is paralized he can make the house look like he wants i.

Where is everybody?

Lee, I hope you are at least lurking. You have alot of support here.

Pam lets us know how you are doing.

Terri, how is your week going?

Dana, how was the meeting?

LK- How are you doing?

Well girls have a great day.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:15 AM   #14  

Hello Ladies!

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there (even though I am hanging by a string!). I've been trying to stay OP as much a possible. Just eating some bread when I have to dope myself up. I've decided to stop taking the muscle relaxers because they make me feel worse. I feel like I am walking around in a fog when I am on them. So I am going to stop taking them.
Going to head to the gym tonight, figure I would start going back and do some light stuff, probably just the treadmill walking for the next week or so. My doctor told me no lift over 10 lbs. for about a month...and NO WEIGHT TRAINING! Arghhhh! No es bueno!

Sorry to hear about your bad day Melody! Men can be such jerks sometimes! Here are my favorite men jokes....

What is a man's idea of doing housework?
Lifting his leg so you can vacuum.

Why are gingerbread men the best men of all?
They are cute. They are sweet. and if they give you any lip, you can bite their heads off.

Why is Mr. Potato Head the perfect man?
He's tan, he's cute, and if he looks at another woman, you can rearrange his face.

Hope everyone is doing well!

-LK
Old 04-24-2002, 12:53 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

hey melody my hearts out to you for that. I get the same thing all the time, but now as i do nto work outside of the house it makes me feel guilty for not having everything up to snuff. well i am not the neatest person in the world and he lets me know it!!! he also makes me feel like not much more than dog food many times with how unorganized i am just because i have so many things to do it is hard to keep up with everything!!! so when the fly lady was here i was great things were getting done so i am trying to get back in to that. it really gets me when they get on your case for not having things done thnen they sit on their butt!!! I can really understand!!! my hugs to you!!!!

LK i am sorry no weight training for you!!! It would keill me!!! that is what i wait for!!

Pat my cabana boy is no more i have missed 5 of 7 days workout but i have been very busy with work (have you been abe to tell that with no me on the board) and yes i was NOT good the last 2 days

DD came back from fla. monday the plane was 4 hour late!!!

yesterday was her birthday!! chocoalte cake and frosting MMMM it was good but it is now back to business. the only thing next is may 15 matt's birthday!!! so til then i will have to be good. i did peek at the scale and it is not good i will not look till my pnats are loose. i will tell you now i will need all the umph i can get.

business looks like it is picking up finally!!! i have tons of more work to do which is what i have been doing!!! so back to the dredge!!!

Happy day to you dana!!! and yes if i can get my fat butt i will be up on your shoulders!!! I am starting to get my 16's to fit again!! BAD i squeezed my butt in the 12's and boy was i glad to get them off. so it is hard work from now on. I do not want to lose the ground that i had gained (or gain the ground that i had lost) I am still exercisisng so i just need to get my eating under control, and now that work is starting i am feeling good so that should not be as hard as i am afraid it may be.

Pam lurk and learn HA HA HA it rhymes and i did not know it!!!

Lee stop in and say hi to just let us know you are here!!!

Terri???

Well i start my actuall meetings with paying customers tomorow!!! so i will let you all know how tha goes!!!

Pat also tell more about the house did you put a purchase offer or just like it!! i must have missed it.
Closed Thread