South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #1  
Sabbykay

S/C/G: 254/ 220.8 /140

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation Poll: Menstrual Cycle and Loss on SBD

Ladies:

Just curious how your bodies has responded during your menstral cycle on SBD. I noticed the scale not moving and then it dawned on my my cycle was approaching. Then I got scared I would gain a lot or have some water retention.

1. Did your weight stay the same or go up during your cycle?

2. Did you see a loss after the cycle ended or was your weight the same?

3. Any tricks on how to keep weight change to a minimal?

Thanks!

Sabby
Sabbykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I have definitely tracked a slow down or stall of weight loss the week before. Usually I have a higher than normal loss the next week.
The week before is tough because I seem to get very hungry.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

For me I either stay the same or gain a max of 1lb but that very next week that 1lb and sometimes 1 more leaves with it.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #4  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
I have definitely tracked a slow down or stall of weight loss the week before. Usually I have a higher than normal loss the next week.
The week before is tough because I seem to get very hungry.
Mine is exactly the same as Schmoodle. I have noticed the cravings are nearly as bad as before SB, neither are the mood swings. But that could be the vitamin combo I'm taking (B-12, Calcium, Multi, and Fish Oil). Dr. was going to put me on birth control to regulate my cycle-related crazy, but instead I went the less-hormone route of vitamins/supplements.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

mine is never the same I have gained as much as 7 pounds and at times have not gained anything. Although those months I have been very strict in what i eat.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/240/145

Height: 5'7"

I always gain about 5lbs during that time of the month. When I did Phase 1 before, I noticed no change, and then a big drop just like when I'm not dieting. Since most of that 5lbs is water weight, it was no big deal.
JustMare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #7  
Sabbykay

S/C/G: 254/ 220.8 /140

Height: 5' 5"

This is my first cycle back on SBD. So far I am up about 1.5lbs. I am PRAYING I loose about 5 lbs after my cycle is over as I swear I was down 4 lbs before it started.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Sabby
Sabbykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:14 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sabby, it's a rare person indeed who doesn't have some water gain during their TOM (time of the month).

No matter what diet I have been or not been doing, I always gain about 5 pounds during TOM and lose it all in one day (a rush) after TOM is over.

You don't actually gain any weight...it's all water and nothing to worry about. Just something to be aware of so if you see the number get higher that week, you know why. It'll go away after TOM, so just stay on plan and don't stress, okay?
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #9  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

Since starting on 10-1 I've actually had 2 TOM's yeah it's been a great month The second I didn't even realize it was time again no hunger monster, no crazy bloating it just was. I was hoping a few extra pounds would be released but I stayed exactly the same (bummer)

wait no loss is better than a gain
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

My second week on ph1 was my pre-cycle week and I didn't drop a thing, in fact I actually came up 1.8 lbs, but then the day after I finally started, I dropped 2 lbs overnight. Its not fun to deal with, but at least I know its not fat ( or at least won't be fat if I don't eat my fill of chocolate!)
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

When my eating is on track, I still gain exactly the same weight I did as before South Beach style eating (I'm not a true SB'er as I use SB principles in food choices, but I do "count" food using a food exchanges plan.) Between 6 and 12 lbs. If I stay on plan though, cramps and cravings are less intense and all of the weight comes off in a few days. Before SB and changes in my birth control, I would gain up to 12 lbs of water AND have uncontrollable cravings that if I indulged in I could gain 3 - 5 actual pounds on top of the water weight.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote