Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #1  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Default Why do artificial sweeteners have to be in EVERYTHING?

I recently quit all artifical sweeteners completely and my stomach symptoms are completely gone, so I know that they were my problem and I am thrilled I am off of them completely!

However, lastnight I was feeling not myself and sorta had like flu like symptoms, achy neck, chills etc, so I went for the Alka seltzer plus, I dropped in 2 tablets to a glass of water and then I read the box while waiting for it to dissolve, and then I learned even cold medicine ingredients contain aspartame, saccharin and sorbitol! UGHHH, Needless to say, I did not drink it, I poured it down the drain and opted for 2 tylenol pm instead!!! Anybody else hear me on this one????
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I know in another post you said you didn't have Trader Joes, but do you have any health food stores near you? Whole foods? Wild oats? something? I would recommend shopping there.

I don't eat things with artificial sweeteners (and preferably no sweeteners) and it is hard sometimes if you want to buy a product only to realize they add stuff you don't want.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:40 PM   #3  
Reformed Quitter

S/C/G: 302/267/155

Height: 5' 8"

I hear you!

Nothing sends me into migraine **** like Splenda! Thought I was doing myself a favor when I tried Weight Smart oatmeal... but instead, I had to leave work to deal with the worst migraine I've ever had in my life.

Nutrasweet (aspartame) makes the soft tissue in my mouth and throat swell, which is always fun...

I'd prefer never to have to look for these chemicals in my food ever again!

I hope you have a great weekend,

Janet
CABunnyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I hear ya! Breath mints, medicines, toothpaste - it's really annoying!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #5  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Thanks nellie, yes I have a health food fairly close, so I will have to check that out.

Glad to hear I am not the only one so annoyed by this. It really does SUCK that even in all brands of gum they have now switched over to the fake stuff. I miss chewing gum too, I am hoping to get me some of the old fashioned gum like clove and black jack, they make it occasionally and next batch will be out I believe next fall, 2008 don't think I won't be stockpiling!!!! I hope that too does not have the fake crap in it, only time will tell I guess....
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I just found out that Fiber One has aspartame in it. I'm really glad I read the ingredients list before I bought it. I ended up getting some organic Kashi cereal and some Kashi Go Lean instead.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Mod,

If you want a fiber one type cereal, Trader Joe's has a cereal just like it and it is really good.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Unfortunately, the closest Trader Joe's is an hour away. There is a Whole Foods nearby, and I decided to shop there from now on. Its just way more expensive
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote