Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Jenny Craig maintenance, vegetarians?

Is anyone using JC for maintenance? Any reviews of JC vegetarian meals?

I am already exploring options for maintenance when I transition from Medifast, and I see that JC is popular. Is anyone using JC for maintenance?

Also -- what do you think about the vegetarian meals for JC? They appear pretty limited compared to the meat dishes. Are they edible?

I am on Medifast now, and I really like it. I want to stick with Medifast as long as possible and then shift to real food.

PS: I was not sure whether to put this question under maintenance, vegetarians, or here, but I chose here because the basic question deals with familiarity with JC.

Last edited by lettingslenderin; 10-26-2007 at 02:36 PM.
lettingslenderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #2  

Nobody knows?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/138.8/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Letting,
I don't mean to ignore you, but so far I'm ignorant when it comes to answering you questions since I've yet to get to maintenance nor am I a vegetarian.

I've done JC for over a year and I truly appreciate the structure of the program. When I got to my halfway point I was able to add two days where I add two meals on my own. I believe maintenance is structured in the same way, mostly eating your own food but combining some of the Jenny foods.

I don't think that I've eaten anything that was inedible, but there are some foods that I prefer over others. Personally, if I was on an even more restricted diet - like you with your vegetarian lifestyle - I might not like this program very well. Some of my favorites have meat - like the Sirlion Rice Dinner, the meatloaf and the fajitas.

You might want to call a JC centre and ask if they can let you know how many options you might have with their vegatarian meals.
chrstna446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #4  

Well, thank you for replying!
Old 11-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey slender: sorry I didnt see this post before.

christina is right--call a centre and ask OR you can go to www.jennycraig.com and find out more about the food. There are actually several veggie options!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:08 PM   #6  

Thank you, I took your advice and called. The vegetarian selections are limited, but there are a few of them. I want to get rid of most of the weight fast and then do a long, long transition and lifetime maintenance. I think JC might be just the ticket for transition and possibly maintenance. I'm concerned about all of the carbs.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hi, I thought I would just give my two cents. I have done JC both thier regular plan and thier vegitarian plan. I enjoyed JC. and I thought thier food was yummy. I am now doing Nutrisystem and loving it. they also have a vegitarian plan which has more options than the JC plan. some of the differences are

JC you need to go in for weekly visits unless you do thier home delivery plan,
NS you just get your food shipped to you, never having to go in somewhere

JC is made up of frozen and not frozen foods.
NS only has non frozen.

from doing both..... NS is cheeper for me. than JC was

when I did JC maintenance was on your own........ they had a 6 week stabalization period, where you weaned off the JC food. like chrstna said.. at half way you went to 5 days JC food 2 days you plan your own. in Stabalization each week you dropped a JC day. ( 5/2 4/3 3/4 2/5 1/6 then all 7 all your own planned days.) at which point they also add more foods back then when you were in the diet phase. so after stabalization the maintenance was you planning all your own food.

As far as NS. I have no idea what they do for maintenance. I am just planning on doing like I did with Jenny

hope this helps!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #8  

Thanks for all the great information! I'll be checking this thread again next March when I start doing some more serious planning.