General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Cool Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

If so, what do you have? And do you, by any chance, have pictures?

Me, I have my eyebrow, lip, tongue and (of course) a hole in each ear - sometimes I wear them, sometimes I don't. I'm going to get my industrial pierced soon, though I'm not sure whether I want it horizontal or vertical (for those who aren't familiar, industrial is the bar you see some people having from one part of their ear to the other).

Tattoo wise, I currently have only one: a 4 leaf clover on my right hip so that anyone who sees below that point is lucky. I'll post a pic of it later, when I have access to my personal storage accounts.

I want to get more tattoos, but I'm not sure what to get. I obviously don't want to get anything that I may regret later and if I do get another, I want it to mean something deep and personal to me. I want one on one of my arms, though, so I can display it in plain view.

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 10-25-2007 at 01:16 PM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

I have just one piercing in both of my ear lobes. I did try to get my navel pierced and my cartilage of my left ear pierced but for some reason I had multiple problems with those two piercings despite me following all the instructions and they were constantly infected and I had to take the piercings out by my doctor's advice since it got bad enough to where I had to go to my doctor. But I do have a tattoo of a butterfly on one of my toes. My tattoo is a reminder of me as a person, I got it while I was going through some hard times and butterflies have to go through 4 stages before they are even a butterfly and that's how I see myself, always growing and evolving. So it means a lot to me.

LOL I like your statement about your clover..lucky..:-)

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 10-25-2007 at 01:25 PM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #3  

Hehe, some people just don't heal well with piercings. One of my friends got his eyebrow pierced, and despite taking proper care of it (and even shooting rubbing alcohol with a syringe through the infected hole to make it better!), he still had to take it out because it made the entire side of his head hurt. He also tried getting his labret done and the same thing happened. We've come to the conclusion that piercings just hate him.

I'm considering getting my navel pierced once I lose all my weight and then get nice abs. It will inspire me to work hard at maintaining my abs because I'll want to show it off.

A butterfly on one of your toes? wow, what a cute, small tattoo! I've heard that feet are the most painful place to get 'em done, because of all the nerves and bones.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #4  
Fat-be-gone

I have only 4 piercings, and they're all in my ears. Awhile ago, had my lip and that part right above my chin (I know it's called something, just can't think of it right now) pierced. I had to keep taking them out because of my job, so they eventually closed up . I so want to get my upper lip or lower lip pierced again, but I need to find a way around it not being so inappropriate (jobwise, again).

I have one tattoo....for now. It's an aries tribal on my ankle. I got that one sort of spur-of-the-moment. Not much thought put into it at all.
As you can see, it's nothing really extroadinary..........But I had to get that first one out of the way.

The next ones I'm getting are my last name (tribute to my dad) on my lower back and one on my upper back, which will be a something with a dia de los muertos theme (tribute to my culture). I'm really just waiting to lose weight to get those done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 17.jpg (14.9 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Rosario; 10-25-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I have three tats. A silly looking frog on my right ankel. A nice tribal design that has teal in purple and black on my lower back and then two hawiian style turtles flank the tribal design. I tried the belly piercing..but didn't like it with my belly fat LOL
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #6  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I Have 3 Tatoos 1 On My Chest, 1 On My Back And 1 On My Leg - Thinking Of Getting Another. Piercings I Have 3 In 1 Ear & 2 In The Other Ear - I Once Had My Belly Button Done (when I Was A Smaller Size Of Course) But It Got Infected So That Was A No Go.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I have 9 holes in my ears. 5 in my left ear and 4 in my right. (I was a teenager in the 80's . . .)

After drinking copius quantities of margaritas I had the 5th hol3 in my left ear done and it is through the cartlidge. It was more painful than I thought it would be and decided not to do my right ear. Since then 9 has been my lucky number!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 10-25-2007 at 01:56 PM.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #8  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

I have both ears pierced and I've had 4 tattoos done. I say 'had' because one is a cover-up to one that turned out bad. No it was not someone's name it was a sun but the ink bleed under my skin and I had to cover it up. I covered it with a big ole' heart that I thougt at the time was cool but I hate it now and can't weight to find something else to cover it up with.

My two others are a cursive 'J' on my left shoulder right above my left breast and the other is my name on my left ankle. My ankle was the first one.

I don't have any piercings, I'm too chicken for that. The thought of a hole being poked through me without it being numbed is not cool.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #9  
.Best & Nothing Less.

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'5"

I have first, and second holes in my ears, left cartilage, and a middle ear piercing on the right ear. so six piercings, and for my last birthday, [the big 18] my dad got me a tattoo.

its angel wings on my back. they are about the size of two hands. Ill get a pic... :]

I love them all and am planning on more, I am going to get stars down my side when I hit my weight goal, a lip piercing is the halfway point :]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_e86c8162ff112757727cf285d6ef598a.jpg (14.2 KB, 18 views)
starsxxxstraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I have my ears pierced (1 in the right, 2 in the left, although I never use the second hole anymore) and a tattoo. I got a tattoo to celebrate one year of maintaining my weight loss. I didn't know that Chinese tattoos were considered horribly trendy and tacky when I got it, but I have 4 traditional Chinese characters of a proverb "dripping water can eat through stone." It's to remind me of all the hundreds of little decisions/changes I have to make everyday to keep the weight off.

Although I've gotten a lot of snide comments about how tacky Kanji tattoos are, I still absolutely love mine. The symbols are beautiful and the meaning is very important and personal.

It is on my back, about 2 inches below a typical shirt collar, about 3 inches long, ending above the bra strap. Very easy to hide for my corporate job, but it's really just for me anyway.

Here is a pic, when it was first done (the album is opening so slowly for me, I can't link directly to the picture - it's the last picture in the album):

http://gloriana.myphotoalbum.com/vie...umName=album03
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #11  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Yep, child of the 80's here too. I had 4 in one side of my ears and 3 in the other. I got my first tat at 16 (SHHHHH dont tell..lol my mom wasnt told until I was 18) it is on my shoulder, and I got one on my hip about 10 years later. I am almost due for another, but I am considering covering up the one on my hip with something else. I agree take your time and make sure it isnt something you will regret in 5 or so years.. that would be bad.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #12  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

That's a cool tatt stars!

I only have one tattoo which I got when I was 18, yeah, yeah, teen rebellion whatever... I just tried to take a picture of it, but couldn't do my Linda Blair head rotation near the bathroom mirror to see what I was taking a picture of. I found a pic online that is pretty close to it though, it's an old school style skull with a rose in it's teeth. I really don't remember putting much thought into it when I was getting it, other than it looked cool and fit in with my heavy metal wild-child persona I was back then. Thank God I grew out of that! My sister and I got tattooed on the same day. She got a black widow spider with a skull in place of part of the spider's body. We looked real cool during my wedding with both of our tatts showing while we wore our girly-girl dresses

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:32 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #13  

starsxxxstraps, what a beautiful tattoo, I love it!

I love yours also Glory, and the meaning behind it. I know a lot of people get kanji symbols, but yours means something so personal to you, as opposed to getting symbols for mere decoration. I like it.

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 10-25-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #14  
sfj

I have 6 tattoos, an industrial and both ears have something pierced.

sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I always wanted a tattoo, but I was afraid of the whole expanditure thing. Yanno, that myth...where people say..."What if you get a dolphin/kitten tattoo and then you get fat and it's more like a whale/flabby tiger type situation"

It still freaks me out...lol
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote