South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday - Hump Day Chat

It's a wet and windy Wednesday here. I think I'm going to spend my morning curled up with a book.

Maggie and I spent a pleasant afternoon yesterday with some friends. We went to a new gourmet food shop to get some things for a picnic lunch, and they were giving out samples of fresh bread, still hot from the oven, and some fresh scones. I got a pumpkin scone for Maggie, but guess who ate most of it? The food there was pure heaven, but that's a shop that I'm better off staying far away from! Waaaaay too many temptations!!!

Thanks for sending that rain up this way, Schmoodle, we sure did need it. I only wish I could send some of it out to California. I'm praying that they get some relief from those devastating fires fast!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:34 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, sounds like you got our weather from yesterday! It's clear and in the 40's here this morning...supposed to warm up by the weekend.

Well, I had an interesting afternoon yesterday. I was having a really rotten afternoon...I was supposed to be making a collage for a client out of about 120 pictures and was just "blocked" creatively, when a friend emailed me about getting together at a local coffeehouse. I bolted out of the house. We decided it was a little late for coffee, so headed across the street and had a bloody mary instead. About 1/2 way through it, I thought "uh-oh, vodka is made of potatoes!" I drank it anyway...hey, it was V-8 with a couple of pickled string beans, right? So at least it included veggies..that's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it! (it was delicious and needed) I did pick up some pastries at the coffee shop for my husband and son, but wasn't tempted...the bloody mary was treat enough for me. (yeah, I don't feel the least bit guilty!)
Hubby and I had a nice evening of watching biggest loser and I had a "San Sucre" mouse while husband had pastries, so the rotten day turned out great after all. I love spontenaity!

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-24-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Honeys, I'm home. I actually got home late yesterday afternoon but was just wiped. Bed for Hershey and I was really early last night! The time away was a a great break but travel can be really tiring.

Today is wet here too, Cottage, so us "girls" will be home sorting out a few things. I pigged out on quilt fabrics and will spend some time with them plotting new projects.

I've faced the scale and it's not pretty! My ticker is lying. That Southern Hospitality is something else.

Right now I have a date with Fibre One and yogurt and then will check my calendar to see what else is on the schedule.

How does your day look?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:20 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning gals!

Glad you're home, Ruth! I've been away so long that I didn't know you were on holiday. Where did you go and what did you do?

Linda, hope your booky morning is nice. What are you reading?

Cat, sounds like you made some lemonade from your lemons. Way to go! I've had a grumpy last couple of days myself so I empathize. I honestly cannot believe you thought that much about vodka to reason that you shouldn't have it since it's made from potatoes! You learn something new every day... Course, I'm saved because I can't stomach any alcohol anyway. It all tastes like cough syrup to me...must've had a bad experience with the stuff when I was a wee tot or something!

We had a day. You know, the kind with ups and downs. Tonight was nice though. We were at our AWANA clubs and had a nice evening. Tom is a Sparks leader and I'm the Cubbies director, and both of us have great groups of kids this year, so we're really enjoying our Wednesday evenings. I've had AWANA years where it was a real chore to go every week, but this year I'm really looking forward to it. Connor and Kadyn are just excelling at their Scripture memorization and it makes me really proud!

I need to jump in the shower and wash the day off, though. I'm sure I'll check in later!

Kara
Old 10-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mornin' everyone! Lots of rain here too.

Cottage, your morning sounds divine! Glad you finally got some rain! There's a shop like the one you described in the downtown area of DH's hometown in Wisconsin. It's divine and there are definitely lots of temptations! But I did find some great SBD-safe things among the aisles...especially whole grain items and some sugar free sauces/salsas. Maybe your shop has some of that, too? That scone sounds very yummy. I love anything pumpkin!

Hey, Cat! Yeah, I've had the same thought. Even worse, my favorite alcohol, rum, is made from molasses! Still, a little bit now and then can't hurt that much...especially when it comes with veggies! I'm glad you had such a great afternoon...it sounds just wonderful! I hope it gets warmer for you--I had no idea it could get that cold down there!

Ruth, glad you're home! We missed you 'round here, but you totally deserved the time away. Bet Hersh was thrilled to see Mom! I'm totally drooling over your quilt fabrics...buying fabric is one of my (many) obsessions. Feel like telling us about some of your purchases? I'm all ears! Don't stress about the pounds. They'll fall off now that you're home and back to routine.

Kara, I never even thought about the huge time difference for you! Wow! I'm glad you had such a great evening--it's really hard, sometimes, to volunteer when it seems like a chore, even if you know you're doing a good thing. Hope today is better for you (or did you already do "today?")!

Me:
Oy! I was just telling my therapist that times when DH are away are nice because they remind me that I can get along on my own. DH sets the alarm for me each morning since he gets up earlier. I set it last night for myself. This morning, I woke up and thought, "I hope it's like 5 or something so I can go back to bed for a while..." and checked the clock to see 7:59 (I'm due at work at 8:00...)!!! Oy!!! Thankfully, our bedroom clock is set about 15 min fast, so I got to work about 4 min late (the same time as my coworker, funny enough!), but still! I hate being late!

I guess the good thing is that I still made time to grab clothes for the gym so I can go after work. That's really working out well for me...it's become a routine, and not even one I mind that much. I'm a little concerned that I need to change the type of workout more so that I won't get into a rut. Mostly I'm using the elliptical...

I went to the nutrition clinic yesterday. I hadn't been in a month because my schedule and my counselor's hadn't jived. Anyways, I was expecting a big loss since it had been such a long time and my scale at home has been looking pretty good. Plus my clothes are getting looser, significantly. I was SO depressed to hear that in a month I'd only lost 1.5 lbs of fat and had gained a pound of muscle, for a grand total of 1/2 lb loss! Uggh! He did say I seemed to have more fluid than normal, but that doesn't count for much. I just feel so frustrated that I'm not at least losing a pound a week...especially since I've had no major slip-ups and have been getting my exercise in, at least 3 times a week. I'm supposed to concentrate on getting that fourth time in...I have to figure out a plan for that. I think I might try going on Thursday after my volunteer time. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I had a loss rather than on how tiny that loss was...

Hope everyone has a GREAT day! Stay dry!

Last edited by beachgal; 10-24-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:44 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Laurie, the numbers are moving down. That's what counts! Like "they" say, don't slash Jay's tires, or something like that, right?

We're thirteen hours ahead of east coast time, so it's 9:41 pm here. My "today" is already done. I find it amusing to wake up and post in the previous day's thread before it closes!

Still no shower for me. Better get that oil washed out of my hair. Any of you guys have a shampoo you love? I have been going from brand to brand for awhile and haven't found one that I feel like gets my hair really clean. I have just plain old brown hair, no coloring, no curls, I don't even use hair spray or blow dry it!

Off with me!

Kara
Old 10-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Happy Hump Day Ladies! Bring on the coffee! The rain has finally moved out (to cottage) and it is rather chilly here this morning!

Cottage Pumpkin scones sound delish! Think I would have had a harder time avoiding the fresh baked bread though!

Cat Glad your day turned around! Speaking of Biggest Loser, I just don't understand these people throwing challenges, especially when you are talking weight loss. A 17 pound gain!!! Gosh we all moan and groan when the scales stop and to gain that on purpose I just don't understand! How much water do you have to drink to post a 17 pound gain?

Ruth Glad you are safely home! I'm with you on the ticker not telling the truth (still at goal though), but I have no excuse other than my own lack of will power and slacking on the yoga! We shall prevail though!

Kara Did not get a chance to welcome you back! We sure have missed you!

Beachgal Nothing worse than starting your day off running late! On your weight loss, and I am sure I don't need to tell you this, but if your clothes are fitting better something is working! I know I have said this before, I have noticed such a change in my body since hitting goal. I think my body is just rearranging itself and getting used to the new me. Might not see a weight loss, but do see a huge difference in body structure! Keep up what you are doing and things will work themselves out!

Have a great day all, check in later!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:00 AM   #8  

Ah, Beachgal, I know how depressing that is, when you know you've worked so hard, only to find you've hardly lost any weight at all. But look at the bright side, your clothes are "significantly" looser, that's great! I'm sitting here enjoying an Ezekial cinnamon raisin English muffin with some FF Greek yogurt and berries. I'm loving those Ezekial brand breads, thanks so much for telling us about them, I'd have never tried them otherwise.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:07 AM   #9  

Cat and Pacer, yes, I watched The Biggest Loser last night, too. This season just seems to be falling apart, IMHO. First of all, I was disgusted that they had that food challenge. It just didn't seem right to use food that way, and unhealthy food to boot! And I was just furious that Neal would do such an awful thing! I hope it backfires on him, even it was just water.

Ruth, WELCOME HOME! I, too, would love to hear all about the new quilt projects you're planning. I'm so glad it was a good trip for you.

Hi, Kara!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Wow, I must be late today, look at all the chatty chicks.
Just got back from walking the kids to school in the rain. It's a nice steady rain though, and not too cold, so it was an enjoyable walk. I started a pot of Irish oatmeal before I left and it was all ready and smelling good when I got back. Now if I could only go snuggle up with a book like cottage, I'd be in heaven...
Wendy's chili last night was yum! I hadn't tried that recipe because I've got my own that I like, but I'll definitely make it again. I rolled it up in tortillas with cheese for the kiddies and they liked it too.
cottage, glad I could share! Wish I could send some out west too.
Cat, some of the best days just happen don't they? You can plan all you want, but the best times I've had just came together spontaneously with friends.
Ruth, welcome back! Hope you had a wonderful visit. It's always good to get back home though, isn't it?
beachgal, sorry your loss was disappointing. But something's happening if your clothes are looser. I too get to depend on DH in the morning when he's home. He's way more of a morning person than I am and he gets me and the kids up and moving. He always makes me a cup of coffee too. When he's away, those first few mornings are tough! I'm amazed you could make it to work in 20 minutes from waking. Do you live across the street?

Wait, cottage, I missed the Ezekial bread thing? Do tell! A cinnamon raisin English muffin sounds wonderful. And I am so addicted to that Greek yogurt now, I eat it every day.

I watched some of that Biggest Loser last night, the last half. That was so weird. How is it even possible to carry 2 gallons of water in your body? Didn't he have to pee like crazy? Don't they have rules against that kind of thing? I think I'll stick with my Survivor. Which, by the way, I was glad James wasn't voted off last week, although I was sorry to see Aaron go.

Time to stop goofing off and get to work! Have a good one chicks!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

RE Biggest Loser...yeah, that was pretty awful gaining that 17 lbs...he said he drank 2 gallons of water...with what? 2 gallons of salt?? Stupid, stupid, stupid! After all he lost and he sabotaged himself and others? He won't be trusted again. My husband and I were discussing the fact that all they focus on is exercise and not nutrition...except when they are hawking a product like the oatmeal last night. It should be more educational IMHO.

And beachgal..yep , it gets cold down here...lowest usually in the 20's or high teens a few times during the winter. But mostly in the 30's and 40's till around the beginning of March.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Thanks for the welcome back, Pacer! You're sweet!

Hi, Linda!

Schmoodle, I was also glad that James didn't get voted off. I was SO mad at them for throwing the challenge. Stupid idea. I'm hoping something happens that changes things around for him because he's one of my favorites to win this season.

Almost bed time for me. I'll "see" you all in the morning!

Kara
Old 10-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hello Beachy Babes!
I had planned to have an OP day. Fridge at work has all my Op foods but I was dizzy this AM so I had a WW Squagel with full fat full sugar PB. I couldn't get the Natural jar open! Darn smuckers and their metal lids! carbs unencumbered by protien make me the aforementioned Cookie monster!
Welcome Home Ruth!!
Cottage Your Morning sounds Divine!
Femme MMMM BloodyMary! Yummy You had what I refer to as a Serendipitous day. . .Wing it and wonderful things happen!
Laurie it's going in the right direct and that muscle you gained is a lot smaller than the equivalent of fat!!

Pacer Cheers!
Me
We depart for Ireland on Friday and if DH can get his passport we'll be in the pink if not I'll be a very grumpy girl. I had a run in yesterday with a choc chip muffin and it made me feel like crap so I'm not even remotely interested in pastry at the moment! (this is a good thing!)
I'm going to buy jeans today I measured my waist and hips this morning for the first time in years! I had to put a string around me and measure that
My waist was around 32 and my hips were 41 the last time Imeasured My waist was somewhere in the 40s and hips were in the 50s! so not too shabby!
Laundry at the inlaws tonight and packing and I'm counting walking at TJ Maxx as my exercise!
Here's to a good day!!
Kier
Old 10-24-2007, 10:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. Just a quick fly buy for me. I feel icky. Pounding headache, cramps, and dizzy. Gotta love it when the weather changes, it's the TOM and the Dr. plays with meds. I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep for 3 or 4 days!

Good luck all, hope you have an OP day!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy, Happy Hump Day!

Cottage: Mmmmm, that scone sounds delicious! Enjoy that book today! No rain for us, but we've still got our fingers crossed!

Cat: That is great that your bad day turned into such a great one. I had a friend like that in Kingsville. She would call when I was in the middle of a paper or art project or French translation and we would just go! More often than not, we ended up at the beach with a few beers and a lawn chair! Fun times!

Ruth: Glad you're back safe and sound. It's great that you found all the great quilting fabric. You must be on ! Stay warm!

Kara: Scripture memory was one of my favorite activities growing up. The competition between my sisters and I was ridiculous, though. Our parents got a kick out of it! Hope you have a great day!

Laurie: I'm sorry for your disappointment, but I'm proud of your determination! You'll be a workout queen in no time! When DH is gone I'm always late! (But then, I'm late when he's here, too! )

, Pacer! Have a great day!

Schmoodle: Your morning sounds great! I was in a rush and am eating mushy instant oatmeal as I type. Yuck. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Me: Well, my acceptance letter to the local university came in last week; along with a registration form for a two-day orientation that I have to attend. I know different schools are, well, different, but why does the orientation have to be on a Monday/Tuesday. Two whole days off to learn about the school. Geez. Well, I've got to run! Have a great day, everyone and here's some for those that need it!

~Kim
Closed Thread