Old 10-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: .

Height: .

Question Are you going to give yourself a treat when you reach your goal?

I know it is encouraging to give yourself treats along your weight loss journey.
What are some of the things that you have given yourself?
What will you give yourself when you reach your ultimate goal?
I am trying to think of things I can reward myself with along the way. I know when I reach my ultimate goal then I am going to splurge on a whole new wardrobe with plenty of lingerie! I have never worn lingerie. I have never felt sexy enough for it. I can't wait for the day when I do feel sexy.
What about you?
Goldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:03 AM   #2  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

Yup, that's my intention too. I have discovered that nothing takes the edge off a craving like checking out the Victoria's Secret online catalogue. I also like Daddy-O's catalogue for inspiration.

I haven't lost enough to really reward myself yet! I have decided to split up my weight lost into years! I have gained approximately 13 pounds a year for the last 10 years. One more pound and I will have lost "1997". I think that will be cause for celebration.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 288/278.8/150

Height: 5 ft.5 in.

I've lost 43.5 lbs. as of today being Tuesday... yesterday I got a new hair cut, donated my hair to locks of love because it was uncolored and in good shape and got a shoulder length hair cut with a gorgeous auburn haor color. I look completely different and much smaller which I was so surprised about!!!

I buy clothes from time to time.

I figure I will hit goal weight Jan 2009 which will be my 50th b'day! And so, we are talking Vegas baby and Hawaii that year with some cruises!!!
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

When I hit goal I want a new wardrobe. As of right now I just buy the bare minimum in clothes just to get me by until I reach my next goal, so getting and entire closet full of clothes at once will be a great treat!

I'd also like to get a "curly" haircut at a nearby salon. I know I know I should treat myself with this NOW but money is tight so I'm saving my money for when that time comes.

I can't wait!!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:01 AM   #5  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

I am not sure what I will do. I want to be able to be comfortable on a plane. I travel so much just being able to sit in a seat with room around me will be a great reward.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:47 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Ohhhh yeah, being able to buy lingerie is vetty, vetty NICE.

And all the clothes - having a phenomenal wardrobe, knowing that you're just as well dressed as any other person in the room at any given time is a phenomenal feeling. Being able to shop anywhere and everywhere is still an incredible thing for me. I am shocked and hadn't expected that I would enjoy it as much as I am. Oh and all the shoes, I bought 2 more pairs yesterday. I keep telling myself that I've got lots of catching up to do, but I tell you, I had best start putting a halt to it, my credit cards are none too happy with me. Nah. I DO have a lot of catching up to do.

One of my greatest rewards and pleasures is that I now go for an annual check up - without fail. To both my regular internist and my gynecologist. Instead of pushing off the doctor for years and years and YEARS at a time, I now actually look forward to going to the doctor and yes, getting weighed, blood pressure taken, blood tests - the whole nine yards. Being on top of my health after ignoring it for so long is the greatest gift I could have ever given myself.

I am looking forward to going on a real vacation as well, sometime in the next 6 months or so. I haven't been on a plane for over 15 years, that's how frightened I was of those seats and the dreaded seatbelt extender. And then of course what was I going to DO when I got to my destination? Sit under the shade somewhere? Now I am greatly looking forward to going away and being incredibly active, oh and wearing great clothes while there .
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: ?/250/160

Height: 5'6"

Marseille - I like your "losing years" idea. 1997 was a year I could do without, too!

I haven't thought about interim goals - for the time being I'm just thrilled every time I see a pound gone. My "final" reward is a biggie, though - my goal is "Fit by Fifty" -- that's in April 2010. I want to celebrate both milestones with a walking tour of some sort - Ireland or Scotland, perhaps.

I guess in between I'll be rewarded by being able to tackle some local hikes that at this weight & fitness level are just too daunting.
dustdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:12 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

My mini-goals so far have brought me books & little nick-nack things that I think are cute. (Mostly fairy items... magical things with wings display crap What can I say? I get a kick out of dragons & unicorns etc.)

I'm not too original on this, but when I reach my lifetime goal range I will be buying myself an entirely new wardrobe. I will rid myself of all the clothes I only wear only because they fit.

I will spend an entire month if I have to going to different stores(omg, i'll be able to actually shop at more than just one store) to find out what clothes actually fit my personality, not just my body. It will be a tiring & exhilirating process. Something I have -never- in my entire life been able to do. Just thinking about it is motivation!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #9  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, now that I just checked out that Daddy O's site I now have some new inspiration for when I reach goal. I adore clothes and shoes ,and I want to have a lot of them. I want so many clothes that I can wear something new everyday for at least a month....maybe two.

We have been looking into buying a new home and the one thing I'm firm on is that I must have a huge closet.

The other reward I really want is to have really great pictures of me. My boyfriend is an awesome photographer, and while he takes good pictures of me, I come across as insecure because of my weight. It will be so much fun to do a glamour, sexy photo shoot where he can put me in anything he wants and pose me in anyway without me worried about how I look.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'd love to get a tummy tuck and a lift the girls back up! But, realistically, I don't see myself having those kind of funds any time in the near future..if at all. I might be able to squeeze in some Lasik for my eyes. It would be nice to ditch the glasses and contacts.

Some of you have heard me talk about swimming "sans clothes!" with Hubby in a nice tropical spot in the sun....well, we're looking into a vacation for two to a Sandal's resort in San Lucia. December 08 will be our 15th wedding anniversary. Some of the resorts have private little pools....right off the room! Wow, my fantasy might come to life! And, just think....I'll be slender by then!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default When I'm at my ulitimate goal

Hmmm. Well, besides getting all new clothes. (gotta have those)
I really want two things.
One, I'm sure by the time I get there I'm going to have some extra stuff that's going to need to be nipped/tucked/or sucked. lol Depending on how everything looks at the end I might need to get something fixed.

OR, if I can swing the funds I'd really like to take a nice tropical vacation with my husband. This year was our 20th anniversary and we didn't do anything. I just couldn't bring myself to put this body in a swimsuit again. Two years ago I had to do it to go to Hawaii for my SIL's wedding. The wedding and the island were beautiful. I wasn't. The year before that we went on a cruise with some friends. I didn't look too good then either. But my friend, who's not small, was along too so I didn't feel too bad. The last time I went on a trip with hubby and felt good about the way I looked was our honeymoon! I'd like to be able to do it again!!

So I've got some big reward ideas for my BIG goal. Right now just ticking my little goals off the list has been reward enough!
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:01 AM   #12  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I have a strange one. My hubby has already promised this to me, and I'm so looking forward to it! I have a thyroid issue and my messed up hormones has caused facial hair growth. I hate this stuff!! So, he has promised me that I can go have it permanently removed when I reach goal. I know that is an odd thing, but I'm so tired of not looking (or feeling) feminine because of this facial hair.

Another thing, my hubby, 2 boys, and I will be taking an extended vacation up the east coastline, and we are really excited about that because we have never been past TN and it will be in the fall which is our favorite time of year. This is obviously going to be next fall.

I haven't done too many interim treats but have enjoyed a girls' lunch out with my best friend, a few pair of shoes (since my other ones are getting too big), and a few articles of clothing. Those aren't really treats but more like necessities.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldana View Post
I know when I reach my ultimate goal then I am going to splurge on a whole new wardrobe with plenty of lingerie! I have never worn lingerie. I have never felt sexy enough for it. I can't wait for the day when I do feel sexy.
What about you?
sometimes "sexy" can be a state of mind!!! Life's too short to wait for anything!!! I'm sure lots of girls are with me when I ask,humbly, for you to go straight to a store and get yourself a sexy bra at the very least! heheheh it's AMAZING what a ridiculous sexy bra or undies can do for your self esteem through the day ~ it makes you feel good yay you're worth it

hmmmmm as for a big reward for myself.... I don't exactly have a "magic number" i'm aiming for - i put 180 down cuz that seems to be where I was happiest with how i looked -- but maybe 200? maybe 140? I'm not sure til I get closer, and I really have to see what I can live with, food wise. Sure I'd like to be 140 but I know I couldn't live on 1000 cals a day, so I'd rather be 180 and eat more and still smile

My current splurges for rewards are SHOOOOOOESSSSSSSSSS glorious SHOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that now, somehow, miraculously, FIT ME!!! the fred flintstone feet have shrunk a bit yay!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #14  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

I have lost a whole shoe size so far. I forgot about that until I saw this thread. I've bought so many pairs of shoes this summer and I had to get them all a size smaller than what I've been getting.

When I hit my goal of course a new wardrobe as promised by mom, lots of cutsie bras b/c I can't find any cute ones in my current size. I'm going to tear down Victoria's Secret. I shop there all ready but mainly for boy shorts and regular cut undies. New cut and color. I'm waiting on this b/c the cut I want will not fit with my currently plump face. However, when I get to goal and hopefully my face will be MUCH smaller, I'm thinking that cut will then work.

Last but not least, PHOTOSHOOT!!!!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:46 AM   #15  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marseille View Post
Yup, that's my intention too. I have discovered that nothing takes the edge off a craving like checking out the Victoria's Secret online catalogue. I also like Daddy-O's catalogue for inspiration.

I haven't lost enough to really reward myself yet! I have decided to split up my weight lost into years! I have gained approximately 13 pounds a year for the last 10 years. One more pound and I will have lost "1997". I think that will be cause for celebration.
The years thing is a cool idea!

Mine are basic...clothes, and a trip! I'm going to Vegas in December, but it wasn't meant to be a reward...it will be, though.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote