Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default *LOW CARB CHATTER* October 22 thru 28*

Hiya Chatters!

I'm rushing around getting ready for a much needed but DREADED Root Canal appointment!

How's YOUR Monday starting?

I've loaded up on anti-biotic "pre-meds" and a 1/2 of xanax and am raring to go! Wasn't so hungry so haven't ate yet. The AHA doesn't believe in pre-medicating with the anti-biotics anymore for folks with mitrol valave prolapse BTW. I'm glad this dentist prescribed anyway - it was awful to watch my Mom go thru valve-transplant a few years back - never want to go there.

ttya when I get back . . . Hope you're having an OP Day!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I'm waiting on the insurance adjuster to call back about my hitting the deer last night. My back and shoulders are sore today, guess I had tensed up bracing myself for the impact.

I'm still proud of myself for refusing the cake and ice cream at MIL's b-day party last night. Although, the scale wasn't kind this morning. I'm doing everything right so I know this weight will come off. I think I tend to have big water weight fluctuations.

DH's b-day party will be this coming weekend, so I hope I can stay strong and stay on plan.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

I'm proud of you too lily! Just want to quickly tell you that I hit one deer in my life-at about 55mph-in my brand new at the time Chevy Malibu . . . was not hurt either but devastated about my car so took the next nite OFF work. Spent the next day & entire evening with my Mom instead of going into work as usual in my driveable but slightly wrecked car - the following afternoon Mom died . . . sounds weird, but I've always thought God sent that deer out of the ditchline crashing into my car, ya know?

Certainly not saying anything like that will happen!!!!!! Just hitting deers reminded of my experience!

I got a pair of those "deer whistles" firmly attached (like $5 bucks at AutoZone) ever since - haven't hit one since! (And on my county road commute - I see literal HERDS!)

Invited everyone to come Chat so now completely out of time - having soft scrambled eggs tonight - and LC yogurt - was the quickest and most pain free root canal EVAH!

Hope I stay pain free thru the shift . . . ttyal!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #4  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Aud! Oh gosh anything pain that has to do with the mouth, I cannot handle! So bring on the painkillers! LOL!
I hope you won't suffer too much, plus you could drop at least a couple of pounds or more eating this way. That would be cool! Hang in there Aud!!

Hi Lilybelle,
I was wondering if you were going to feel any soreness. It usually doesn't affect you until the next day. What a good feeling turning away the cake! That is an accomplishment! It's hard, but I'd rather suffer eating anything hc, than complain and worry about eating with possible lbs gained!
I hope you're body starts to feeling okay!

Hi to BB, Bouncing, ilovemike4alwayz, Robin, Kraw, Punce, Azure, who else, I can't remember, yikes!
I hope you all are doing great, and are doing your lc thing! Stay cool everyone!!!

Diana
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:01 AM   #5  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, my low-carb eating wasn't so good today. I ended up cooking some of the deer steak (from the deer that was given to me, LOL, not the roadkill). My carbs were definitely up today but overall calories were 1374, so maybe with my cardio. exercise I'll be OK. I'll do better tomorrow on my carbs, just had to have a little cheat and I really didn't eat much. (Hoping it won't cause cravings since I didn't eat any sugar).

I worked my butt off tonite unloading both my fridge and freezer and giving them a thorough cleaning. Once I got started, I realized how much work I had bit off, but it's done now.

AUD, it does sound like God sent that deer to give you some extra time with your mom. Hugs.

I thought I was sent a deer as payback for cutting up that deer on Friday that was given to me. LOL, my eating some deer tonite, was done in spite for having one wreck my car. The dang insurance adjustor still hasn't called back to tell me when he will be out to pay me so I can fix my car.

Last edited by lilybelle; 10-23-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:12 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Hows everyone, I thought I posted on this thread yesterday,but I guess I didn't.Sorry for being MIA.

Aud-Thanks for starting us up,even when you were in so much pain. Hope the dentist visit was OK.I hate root canals, happy that that all behind me,as I have a permanent bridge.WoW!! seeing herds of deer you must live deep in the woods or country.

Lily- UGHH!! & OUCH!! Sorry that you got hurt hitting the deer.Try to lay in the tub with some Epsom Salt in the bath water. Its a salt that help releases the muscles,and joints in the body.Ask the pharmacist about it. I'm sure that it water fluctuation that we get every day.it will come off again.Some times a little cheat is better than a big gigantic binge.

Diane-Thanks for the howdy. I don't know how I absentmindedly I getting lately. I couldn't believe that i didn't post yesterday.

Have good one.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-23-2007 at 09:17 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im here.....I just dont get a chance to post as often as Id like.

Ive incorporated a few "good" carbs into my diet. Last week was a bit too much for me. I just need to keep tabs on what will trigger the sugar monsters, and what is working and "ok" for me. So far so good. Everything has been whole grains (and not much of it) and fruit. Im feeling alot better than I was.

Have a great day everyone!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 PM   #8  

Good morning,
I didn't get discouraged and quit. Just got busy. I actually have some success to report. I was down 2 pounds at my Friday WI and I've kept if off through a less then perfect weekend. I just hope I keep losing!

On Saturday I bought three pounds of hamburger and made it into patties and grilled them all - even though I was the only home for dinner! My family thinks I'm crazy, but that's been breakfast the last few days. I just zap a cooked hamburger and add a little cheese. I figured I needed a little more fat so it helps with that too. On Sunday I grilled a whole bag of boneless chicken breasts for my daily lunch salad.

I'm kind of adjusting to an emptier next. Only one child at home and she's so busy I don't see that much of her. DH was out of town for the weekend. Expected back tonight. But that left me with two days to paint bedrooms (part of the emptier nest-we're moving the 15 year old down to the room her older brother just vacated). I'm not good at the empty nest thing though. I miss them! Last night I found myself cooking dinner and bringing it to the 15 y.o. and her older sister who was working- she hasn't lived at home in three years.

On Saturday, with the two pound loss fresh in mind, I went to the gym and then found myself driving down the street thinking about how good I felt. That's not my usual mode, but I want to remind myself of that feeling so I can use it when I'm tempted. It's not just the physical feeling, but the emotions too. And I think I need both exercise and diet to achieve that. I had been thinking (earlier in the week) that I had to get the toxins out of my body (from the weekend before) and on Saturday I felt like the toxins were gone and my body was busy using the good fuel I was providing to produce extra energy and well being. So for a while on Saturday, it all seemed so "worth it!" I have to hang onto that feeling if the scale gets stuck!! Thanks for listening.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #9  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, I'm feeling better today. The insurance adjustor just left and I can take my car to the repair shop tomorrow. I don't know how long I'll be without my car, but we do have an extra vehicle that I can use. Insurance is going to pay for me new brakes after me locking them up and making them smoke.

DH starts his week at home tonite. With him being gone every other week, I feel pretty darn single. Not really such a bad feeling. LOL. I guess I should feel guilty feeling this way, but I don't. I do have a few good reasons to have a man in my life. I've thought about this and here is what I came up with. LOL

1. kill spiders
2. haul off the trash
3. clean deer
4. the occasional need for sex
Old 10-23-2007, 03:53 PM   #10  
aud
lc lifestyle

My Big Sis has a DH who works on a barge - 30 on/off - and sounds a lot like you lily. Lots of plusses and minusses to that wol.

Sort of suffered with toothie but made it thru the shift and now off to work again. Pain pills didn't help - made me sleepy instead - Advil has helped this new kind of pain the most.

Hiya lynnar! Glad you're hanging in there - I've done the same thing with burger & chickie . . . I steamed up a weeks worth of broccoli & cauli Sunday too.

Hiya beachie, robin & fittie! Hope you're having a Terrific LC Tuesday!

Check on y'all in the Wee Hours!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 PM   #11  
Mrs. Determined

Hi Ladies
Glad to hear you're all doing good except for the obvious things going on with you Aud and Lilybelle.

Glad that you're finally going to get your car fixed Lily and that you're feeling better! Now that your husband will home, have him give you a massage while he's doing his "honeydo" list!! LOL!!

Aud, oh your poor tooth. Man I hate having tooth pain, it's worse than having your woowoo in pain! I had an abscess in my vaginal area a few years ago and they had to prick it with a needle so it would drain. then they shoved a balloon type thing up there, and boy talk about pain. I can't compare it to childbirth of course, but I couldn't sit or sleep well for about 2 weeks. Then when the swelling went down, the balloon fell out! LOL
I know gross huh!! Just had to share that!
Aud, I hope your pain goes away soooooooon!!!!

Hey Lynnar, good for you with the 2 lb loss, count it all joy!!! You can do it, just do like you said. Remember how good if felt to see that 2lb drop on the scale! Hang in there! You'll make it!!!

Hi Robin, don't be a stranger! If you can just check once a day. It's good to get encouragement and motivation, and just hang out!
Everything will work out for ya!! Just hang in there!!!

Hi BeachBum, yes don't forget! We all need each other here for support, remember Ya'll are important!!!!!!!

Take Care!

Last edited by FitinTime; 10-23-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:35 PM   #12  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Another day On Plan! Y'know what I think this means? A genuine Zone...I actually feel different about it. I'll tell you something, there's been TWO times in my life where I stuck with a diet plan unrelentingly for a period of about 3 months, lost a good chunk of weight and kept it off and both of those times I had a feeling, a sort of impervious feeling. It's hard to describe, but I know that I had it then and that I have it again.

One of those times, I was 14, freshly off Prednisone and weighing 210 (I gained 30 pounds in a MONTH on Prednisone). I was DETERMINED to get the weight off, stuck to Suzanne Somers' plan and got the 30 pounds off in about 3-4 months (her plan makes it so carbs and proteins/fats can't be eaten together, so I basically ate NO carbs except for veggies and the occasional grapefruit--essentially Atkins ). I successfully kept those 30 pounds off, but stopped the diet and didn't lose anymore. The second time, I was 21, and 185 pounds. I transferred onto a college campus and decided to LOSE weight instead of gain it my first semester here and I dropped about 25 pounds in three months on Phase I of South Beach. I've maintained that loss, too. I have a pattern of these huge drops in a pretty short period of time, because during that time I'm ON FIRE.

I've been waffling the last year and a half, since I dropped those 25 pounds. Up and down with the scales, and never really sticking to anything. I finally am feeling the SAME way that I felt those other two times, and I'm SO excited about it because it translates into me losing these last 20 pounds and keeping them off! This is a huge mental turning point for me...I could say "I'm going to do it this time!" as many times as I wanted to, but until I FELT it, deep down in my bones, I never 100% believed myself. I know now that it's for real this time and I'm so happy inside

Sorry, this is getting kinda long and wordy. So, yes. On plan today, did weights yesterday and cardio kickboxing tonight! Tomorrow's plan is more great food, a trip to the gym to lift more weights and midterms!

I'm sorry to hear about your car, Lily, my boyfriend hit a deer about a month ago in his new Honda Civic SI. It completely crunched up the front drivers side of his car and the door. He was okay, thank God. He actually JUST got his car back from the body shop. I saw it this weekend and it looks as good as new. Even Brian (Mr. "It will never be the same again") said that he couldn't tell the difference from the outside.

Auddie! I'm sorry to hear your painless root canal is starting to be painful I hope it feels better soon! On another note, ladies, Auddie was this week's BIGGEST LOSER over at TBL challenge 5 lbs this week!

I'm going to get going to prevent this post from getting huge. I love all you girls! BB, Fit, Robin...I promise I'll have some things to say next time

Last edited by Azure; 10-23-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:11 PM   #13  
Mrs. Determined

Hi Ladies,
I wanted to post this recipe here, I did it on JerseyGyrls Thanksgivng thread.

You have got to try this for Thanksgiving. I have made it 4 x already and it is fantastic!! It's a cross between a cheescake and a pumkin pie.

Believe me when I tell you, it is the bomb!!!!!!!!!

JODY'S PUMPKIN BAKE
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
5 eggs
1/2 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
15 ounce can pumpkin
1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Put the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. Pour into a 6x8" greased glass baking dish. Bake at 350º about 40 minutes or until the center feels firm and a knife inserted in the center comes out relatively clean. Cool, then chill before serving.

Makes 4-6 servings

With granular Splenda:
Per 1/4 Recipe: 342 Calories; 27g Fat; 14g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 228 Calories; 18g Fat; 9g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per 1/4 Recipe: 330 Calories; 27g Fat; 14g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 220 Calories; 18g Fat; 9g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

If you want to see a picture of it, go to Linda's Low Carb websit. It's under Pumpkin Bake or Jody's Pumpkin Bake

You can still have your pumpkin!!!!

Last edited by FitinTime; 10-23-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #14  
Mrs. Determined

Oh and if you want to double the recipe, I did and baked it in a 13x 9 pan for 45 min or until a knife comes out clean. Yummy!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:16 PM   #15  
Mrs. Determined

Aud! What!!!! 5lbs You are the Bomb!!!!

Good for you, that is utterly fantastic!!!!!

You didn't say a thing, oh you!!!!!

Good job on the Zone Azure! You are the Girl!!! Keep it up, your going down. . .your weight anyway! LOL

Last edited by FitinTime; 10-23-2007 at 08:17 PM.