General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 PM   #1  
Smartypants

Unhappy I was robbed for the 2nd time in six months today..................

I can't believe I'm even typing this. I can't believe the SAME people robbed us again; the first was on my son's bday if you can believe that one, April 9th this year.... corey my son came home today to find our door hd been kicked in and it was wide open, the doorframe was kicked completely out from the wall and splintered out... the first time we had over 10k worth of electronics stolen, this time we think its around 1200, but even still, its like I know things like this happen, but why me........why now....... I've suffered 3 miscarriages in the last year, the last one in the second trimester (Gracie Renee born and died June 11, 2007 12:01am), we were robbed twice, plus lots of other stuff, and I'm like, enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enough!!!!!!!!!!!! good grief. james' friend brought over this pc I'm typing on thank the Lord so at least I have something to work on. And our cats are okay, Mia and Chloe, were okay, never left the apartment. amazing, a miracle, I think. and here I am, all screwed up and on prozac with anxiety and panic disorders, and this happens, just when I'm getting myself put back together after losing Gracie. unbelievable. I just fail to see why in the world people can actually do stuff like this...they are pure evil. and to think they were watching us, casing us, ugh.....I can't even perceive that, I feel so violated, I never did anything to them. we didn't know they were the ones who did it last time, right, and all we knew was they were our neighbors, and so we were nice as could be to them, only to come around and have this happen. makes me wonder just who I can and cannot trust in this world. well the cops are on the trail, so we are leaving them to their job. but in the midst of it, in the thick of things, I'm feeling pretty low tonight girls. I am grateful that I can come here and vent, and share, and maybe feel a little better after talking about it. I can't wait til we move, but right now, I'm pretty freaked out, I have to admit. I just can't help but wonder if it will happen again before we move....oh God please help me deal with this........
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 AM   #2  
Rop tú mo baile

S/C/G: 180/151/135

Height: 5'3"

i am -so- sorry to hear this. i've got you and your family in my prayers. I know what it's like to feel completely taken advantage of like that; i live in one of the worst parts of saint louis. since i've been here i've had my credit card stolen and my car broken into. That said, i think that some people in this world don't realize that their actions actually have an impact on others. They are so selfish and believe that the world revolves around them. It's terrifying to know that someone could get into your house if they wanted to (and as they have done.) I don't know what i would do in your shoes. I would probably be very spiteful and then come to the sudden realization that vengance is the Lord's and he will make sure that they get theirs...that it is my job to forgive, and to learn from the situation. Rather than getting scared, i would probably invest in some very small, strategically placed security cameras, too.

I really hope that the holy spirit will give you "the peace that passes understanding"(Philippians 4:7) over this issue. also. remember-- God has not given us a spirit of fear, but one of power, of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)

here's hoping they never bother you again.
hepmelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Here is a big for you, txangelgirl. I don't have too much to say or contribute (I can't say I completely relate and I don't want my sympathy to be mistaken for pity) BUT I wanted to let you know that you're in my thoughts and my prayers - I'm sorry you've had to go through all that! I hope everything improves drastically for you.

hepmelly - I've been to St. Louis before... I had a band that toured once, we played a show in STL... I remember it being miles and miles of "hood" and I got mistaken for a prostitute twice even though I was dressed normally and just walking and minding my own business!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

txangelgirl, so sorry you have had to experience so much loss, especially in the loss of your daughter , I pray you will be able to find peace. Will it be possible to move away from that apartment ? When you are able to get away from there invest in some kind of burglar alarm to give yourself some confidence that these burglaries will stop. I know from experience what a feeling of violation it causes.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #5  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I am so sorry to hear this! We were robbed 2 years ago on xmas of all things! 2 playstations gone, games, dvd players, etc.

How do you know who did it?
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

wow I am so sorry to hear about this!! Lots of hugs and prayers being sent your way!!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #7  
Smartypants

well here's the thing girls.......after the last time we were robbed, which was a first for me, we actually did install wireless alarms throughout the apartment, and get cameras right, web cams that will broadcast live over the net and all that and we watched them every day from work, well you know those storms that the South was dealing with gave us a power outage this past weekend, so the cams were down Monday....the one day it happens, the cams didn't work. all we needed to do was reset the ip addresses, and we didn't.... the alarms were on battery and they wer egoing off when corey got home, we think that is what scared them away, and made them stop and not take everything like last time.. as far as how the cops and mgmt know who did it (we take their word for it), is james actually saw them leaving with our stuff in bins with blankets over it, they came out right as james came in here to see the damage, so james went outside and they were already to their car, they got out before james could make out their license plate number, but we told the cops and gave descriptions and they said they were the same ones who did it last time, and that they (the robbers) have been living in the "vacant" apartment right by us they supposedly moved out of 2 weeks after they robbed us the last time unbeknownst to anyone. If I had know that apartment was supposed to be vacant I would have reported it you know! Good grief. Corey, our 13 yr old, went to stay with my mom last night, and james and I slept in our room with a dresser barreled up against the door....if that gives you any idea. we had our phones in there and our rings and wallets, basically ready to bail if anyone came back for more while we were home... please please pray for us. I know God was here, cause I see evidence of that.... the door was left wide open for a total over 2 times of being robbed 8 hours, and our two kitties never left this place (and Mia the gray on eis in heat right, so it would be natural she would leave, she was in heat both times actually), this wasn't near as bad and it got the cops closer to catching them, my son was unharmed (God help me if he was home when it happened, no telling how that would have turned out), and my mom know s we are hurting financially and can't afford to move and she offered to help us move - which I am still crying inhappiness over. We have to go! I mean, after finding out we were being watched and cased and they were living in that vacant apartment they never really moved out of just to watch and wait for their move, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh unbelievable. I feel so much like prey you know, like a trapped animal. So while this all upsets me, I can see the Lord in this and he will vindicate me, and avenge us, I know He didn't cause this but He can use this for our good and get us out of our lease so we can live in safety and not fear....... james and I are going to talk to them today about getting out of our lease, I think after this incident they see that is the only way, save for them being caught, that we will be safe again. feel free to wrote more if you like, your words are so comforting to me right now, and I thank you for all of your posts, they really really help........

Last edited by txangelgirl; 10-23-2007 at 11:01 AM.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I am so sorry to hear you had to go thru this again. I will keep you in my prayers for strength and safety
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #9  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

I am glad you are leaning on the Lord. He will see you thru. I will pray you can get out of the lease and to a safe new home. *hugz*
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

First, I am so sorry for what is happening to you. But there are some things you need to know.

A) You weren't "robbed" you were burgled. I know, samantics. In order for it to be a robbery they had to take it from you personally, not your property when you weren't home.

B) the cops will never, ever tell you this but once you've been burgled you are roughly 80% more likely than your neighbors to be burgled again within 9 months to a year. The guys who make their living stealing know that's about how long it takes generally for insurance to pay off and for you to let your guard down a bit.

C) if you are a renter, please, please consider moving. Now. Don't put in a change of address, have everything go to a PO Box and you go pick it up once a week or so. It really, truly is better if you can make a move such that you have to completely change gas stations, grocery stores, bank branches, etc. Why? Because an easy target is an easy target, and if the burglers can hang around one of your old shopping places and then follow you to your new address the cycle starts all over again.

You deserve better. Nobody should have to go home in fear and dread, wondering what on earth has happened today. Been there, lived that. I had a cop stand in my living room and call me the dumbest idiot he'd ever met because I hadn't moved yet. Matter of fact, he never left the living room, never looked at all the crap that had been upended, trashed, etc. I have no idea exactly how he wrote the burglary report. I lived 3 blocks from the police station, had a burglar alarm, had reinforced metal plates around the door latch and the strike plate, it didn't matter. I lost my house insurance, my confidence, my peace of mind. It's not worth it for an address. If it is at all possible to move it is so worth every minute of the peace of mind you will gain. From the day that cop delivered his rant until I moved it was 14 months from ****. Serious, nerve wracking ****. The calm, quiet peace since then has been so refreshing, so completely opposite of life before I can't believe I stayed as long as I did.

You deserve better, and so does your family. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you.
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Lots of hugs to you!

I can't imagine going thru all you have been thru but have had my share.

Hope they get the people who did that.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #12  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I, too, am so sorry this happened.

Kappy is right. My SIL and her family were robbed twice. The second time she came home to find her husband tied to a chair and gagged. They waited for everything to be replaced to strike again.

You have the right to live in a safe place. Obviously the landlord is not watching out for the tenants. That apartment that should have been vacant was not being shown or they would have known someone was in it. They should not give you any grief over getting out of the lease.

Prayers are with you. I'm so glad nobody was hurt.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

My thoughts are with you.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #14  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

So, so, so glad you and your family are not hurt! I have been through this before, and I live in a trailer park. Still do as a matter of fact simply because 1, we can't afford to move period, and 2, we know who did it and they are no longer living in the same trailer park. We found out that it was a bunch of my brother's so-called friends who had been breaking in and stealing things, and we reported it not only to the police but also to the manager. The police could do nothing for lack of evidence. However, later on the manager ended up booting out one of them from the trailer due to other reasons, and now the other one has left too. We haven't been robbed since, Thank the Lord!

One incident of near robbery actually occurred while my mother and brother were home by the way. My brother's room faces the road at the end of the trailer, and one day he had the window up with the shades drawn. This was a rarity for my brother actually. My mother happened to go into his room for something, and saw 2 boys about to crawl through that window! (Brother was not in there) They quickly left in a hurry! We have learned the hard way to NEVER open the windows that have an easy access inside, and to always keep the curtains closed, no matter what.

I'm so sorry you lost your little one. I can't imagine the pain you went through. Just know you're in my prayers, and hang in there. Move as soon as possible, and leave the rest up to God.
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #15  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

I am so sorry this happened to you, I really hope you can move soon! And I hope the police can catch them.

I have also been burgled, but I was at home alone at the time. I think for the first time ever my size has been an advantage, I got a baseball bat and taunted the burglar to come down and fight like a man. He didn't take anything.

In a town close to mine they caught a house burglar in the act and the townspeople dragged him out, beat him, hung him from a light pole ( he survived), and then went and destroyed his house. That's mob justice over here.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote