Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Default OK, so here goes with Medifast

I am desperate to lose this last 50lbs or so, and since my DH is away for the next 7 months, I thought a new ME would be a good idea! I have been absolutely HORRIBLE lately when it comes to food choices and impulse control, because I find that I am reaching for comfort, convenient foods. I have no one else to cook for, or to make sure that I am eating properly right now, and my stress levels are through the roof! So, I thought I would try Medifast for ONE month. ONE month ONLY, just to see what happens. ONE month of no meal planning, no convenient take-aways, no decisions to make (did I mention that while DH is away, we are starting with a MAJOR renovation to our home? Leaving me in the contractor's position? Since he is away? Lucky him???). I read the diet review on the front page and was encouraged. Believe me, I am a veteran of almost every single diet there is out there, and while preplanned meals are probably not sustainable for a lifetime, they WILL be an incredible relief for me for the next month.
SO, I will add to this thread with new posts from time to time detailing my experience. Hopefully SOMEONE will be interested!!!
Here's waiting until my meals arrive!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Yay! It sounded like it was a good plan for a little while according to the 3FC review. If I didn't have DH to plan for and DD to nurse, I might try it myself! Let us know how it goes!!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #3  
banned

Yay!!!! One interested person!!! Motivation!!! Thanks!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Good luck!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freiamaya View Post
Yay!!!! One interested person!!! Motivation!!! Thanks!!!
You've definitely got another interested person here . . .

After I read that review, it appealed to me too (since I don't have anybody else to please but myself) at least as a short-term thing to kind of provide an extra to get me headed in the right (downward) direction again. I scouted around on the Medifast site and was pleased to see that they had special stuff for Diabetics (since I am one ). . . BUT . . . I could not find any indication that they shipped to Canada. I even sent them an e:mail asking that question; but I didn't even get an answer.

Sooooo . . . my question(s) for you . . . did you have any problems ordering? Or did you find a Canadian site? How long do you think it will take to get your order? Do you think there will be extra costs involved to get it across the border?

Hope you are having a great weekend. It's pouring rain here on the east coast . . . how is it whereever you are? Look forward to talking to you again soon . . .
Old 10-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #6  
banned

Hi there! There is no problem being a Canadian customer. You just can't order online. You HAVE to order by telephone. You can find this phone number by going to their homepage, then clicking on the on the "contact us" link at the very bottom of the page. This will bring you to a second page with both the Customer Service number (1-800-209-0878) and the Order-by-phone number (1-866-698-0207). I called the customer service number, explained that I was from Canada, and they shuttled me over to the over-the-phone order number. The got my name, address, and VISA (of course, hahahahaha). For Canadian orders, shipping is extra, and it cost $30US to get it to Kingston, Ontario. (It is, by the way, a BEAUTIFUL fall day, around 20 degrees, and sunny!!! Just planted my garlic bed. MMMM, GARLIC......) ANYWAYS, my order is being shipped UPS and will probably arrive next week (they said Tuesday, but customs being what it is, it will probably be Thursday).
I purchased the 4-week "trial kit" from them just to get a feel for it. Because I was a new customer and mentioned this website, they gave me 1 week free!!! LOVE IT!!!
So, I am anxiously awaiting my delivery! Let me know how it goes for you.
p.s. I LOVE NOVA SCOTIA!!!!

Last edited by freiamaya; 10-20-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Thank you . . . I will have to give it a try that way. Since I do want to special order the diabetes stuff, think I'll use the website to pick out what I want and then call the customer service number like you did. Actually right now is a great time to be paying in US funds anyway since our dollar is slightly above par at the moment. I hate the fact that when you buy something here that was made in the US (I'm thinking mostly magazines and books) everybody is still charging the Canadian price -- means we are overpaying by about 25%. Anyway, I have been stung with extra duties and fees ordering from the US in the past and therefore (being the wuss that I am), probably won't place my order until I hear that you've got yours okay. So I will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of your package too.

I'm not a native Bluenoser . . . I was born and raised in Toronto and lived there most of my life. Spent about ten or eleven years in Kitchener and then was transferred down here 15 or 16 years ago. I retired about 7 years ago and you can see how fast I've made a bee-line back to Ontario . Much to the chagrin of some of my relatives. . . but I'm working on them to move here instead -- my SIL loves it here and would move in an instant; "her husband" is not quite so sure . Only one of my sons is still in Ontario anyway. The older one and his family are in Alberta. Unfortunately there is not a lot of opportunity here for those raising families -- but it is a wonderful place to retire.

OOPS . . . sorry to be talking your ear off like this . . . will be looking forward to hearing about your package arriving safely . . . thanks again.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #8  
banned

LOVE to hear the info! My sister went to Dal and loved it. I am originally from Alberta, and I must confess that my DH loves Kingston, while I would move back to Alberta (if I could afford a house there!). It is a shame about the job opportunities, or lack of...my nephew is 14, working part-time at Tim's in Calgary and is making $15.00 an hour! Crazy! Now, it costs so much to live there, but when you are 14 and living at home, he should have enough for University within the year!!!
Talk to you soon!
Old 10-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #9  
Onward and Downward

I had a brother-in-law who "lived" in Kingston (actually Joyceville) for a couple of years -- something about selling stuff that didn't really belong to him -- He actually turned into quite an upstanding citizen in later years.

Have a great evening, Chickie . . .
Old 10-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

OK, back to medifast! This is so exciting, freiamaya, your dh is going to be shocked when he sees you. I think you can certainly lose the last forty six pounds in 7 months. It's so much easier now. Your dh will walk into a remodelled house and a remodelled wife! He's going to flip.

Meowee, I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

For me, the first week was the hardest on medifast. So hang in there. It's totally worth it.

Last edited by lettingslenderin; 10-21-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #11  
banned

Aw, thanks for the encouragement! On the Medifast site, I see by other's tickers that the weight loss slows (as would be NORMAL!) in the second month and later. SO, I won't get my hopes up too high. 10 lbs in the first month would be stellar, that's for sure!
As for the house, there will be a HUGE change -- new addition, new kitchen, new flooring, new master bathroom, and new HUGE DEBT LOAD! Hahaha!
Anyways, I am counting the HOURS until my package gets here, and the suspense is KILLING me!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #12  

When will it arrive, Freimaya? What didja get?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:14 AM   #13  
banned

Hopefully the package arrives as the phone rep said, on the 23rd. But I think it will be Thursday. And it can't get here soon enough, as far as I am concerned! I'll post again once the package arrives -- I purchased the one-month "starter package" and although you can see what it is online, it will be interesting to actually check out the contents!

Last edited by freiamaya; 10-22-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:39 AM   #14  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Another beautiful day in northern Nova Scotia -- with calm winds and a predicted high of over 20C/70F -- almost unheard of for the latter half of October.

Hope everybody else has a great day, too . . . see you later . . .
Old 10-22-2007, 11:00 AM   #15  

Meowee, are you going to do it for sure, or are you still exploring the issue? I lost another two pounds last night, so I am just one pound away from Onederland. Bring it on!

Freiamaya, the starter package was brave! I am eager to hear which meals you like and which you don't. You can stock up now on Crystal Lite and boullion, if you use it. It helped a lot with the hunger for me.
Closed Thread