Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #1  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Question The Anti-Estrogenic Diet

Has anyone out there heard of/tried The Anti-Estrogenic Diet by Ori Hofmekler?

I am one of millions of women who reads "Woman's World" and "First" and saw an article about it in one of them. It sounded interesting and so I came home and researched and decided to purchase the book.

I am going to attempt it once the book arrives, but wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

But isn't Women's World the same mag that raved about the dangerous ******* diet? That alone would make me skeptical...
Old 10-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #3  

Kerri...I read over this at Wally World today..and it makes ALOT of sense to me. Let us know how the book is....I will try and check it out at B & N if I get by there, as I don't live near by one.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #4  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
But isn't Women's World the same mag that raved about the dangerous ******* diet? That alone would make me skeptical...
Yep thats the same magazine that featured the ******* diet.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/294/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lori here I have been on the anti-estrogenic diet for 3 days now and have lost 4 lbs. I am not starving but I find I have to plan very well. Good luck on the diet I am waiting for the book too. Lori
Old 10-14-2007, 11:55 PM   #6  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I wish I could do this diet (it was in First magazine, not Woman's World), but I am severely allergic to fin fish and obviously can't eat it on the first two weeks. They don't give any substitutes in case you can't eat it, so I don't think I can do this diet. I really wanted to try it, too.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/221/170

Height: 5'4"

I'm on day 2 and have lost 2 pounds. I suffer from IBS and was hoping this diet plan would help with that. Last night (night one) I ate Grilled Salmon and was sick @ 1:30am. Not sure if the diet.. ie, greens are doing it, or if the salmon was undercooked or not good, or what the problem was. I"m still feeling "gassy" today. I'm excited that I can much on certain foods anytime I want and I never feel hungry.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5'6

I have just read about this in "First". It looks possible for me. I went to their website and it looks more detailed than the mag had made it. I was planning on trying it the first of the week (after i go to the grocery store). In the past i have tried going RAW and can do the fruit's and veggies....but not 24/7. Keep updates on how its going for you i am interested in knowing whether to spend my time with it or not.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #9  

As co-author of the Anti-Estrogenic Diet, I can tell you that you do not have to eat fish for the diet to be effective. We've had women losing between 11 and 21 lbs. already in the first week of the diet. You should check it out.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #10  

Default I know we need to read the whole book...

Co-author? Wow? Really. Can't miss this oppourtunity? What do you think is the #1 biggest change that this book promotes that makes such a difference for weight loss?

Haven't made it to B & N yet...going Sat. Looked for it at Wally World..but no luck.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny4baby View Post
Co-author? Wow? Really. Can't miss this oppourtunity? What do you think is the #1 biggest change that this book promotes that makes such a difference for weight loss?

Haven't made it to B & N yet...going Sat. Looked for it at Wally World..but no luck.
It deals with the real issue of why people are getting fat and sick. It's a diet that's NOT about restricting calories, but yet tackles the issue head on - excess estrogen. Most don't realize that it's an issue, and instead focus on restricting calories, while continuing to fill their diets up with "low fat, low carb" foods that are still laden with chemicals and toxins that end up being stored in fat. When you clean things up, you get great results.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Would you call it a whole foods diet or just limiting processed foods?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #13  

I would say it's more about eat good whole foods from natural sources that are free of hormones and chemicals. The interesting thing is that when you detoxify your body on a regular basis, you're liver is much more capable of handling the occasional bad food. Unfortunately, most people never detoxify. Never detoxifying your body is like never changing your oil filter in your car. Eventually, it'll come back to haunt you.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #14  

Thanks! Makes good sense to me. I have been told by my RE that is my problem...excess estrogen stores...thus causing my cycles to be long, producing NO ovulation = NO pregnancy. I did currently lose 15 more pounds by eating cleaner, more fruits and vegetables. I even went some days, on purpose, and ate no processed foods or carbs at all..basicly RAW food. I am happy to say that I have a normal cycle length the past couple of months...thus meaning I more than likely DID ovulate.

Now...if I go purchase this book, my friend, and make it to my goal, as my weight loss has stalled..and get pregnant very soon...You will make ALOT of money on this book...because I will shout it from the mountain tops!!!! Wish me Luck...I so want to be a Mommy!!!

Last edited by Skinny4baby; 10-18-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #15  
it's always something

I haven't read this book, so I can't comment on the specifics of the plan. However, the comment about the diet including a liver detox made me cringe. Detox diets and products are the latest scam to hit consumers. Some of the biggest names in the medical profession, such as Dr. David Katz of Yale and the infamous Dr. Mehmet Oz, have stated that our bodies (including our livers) naturally detox and we should avoid any program that that suggests otherwise. Based on the website that promotes this diet, it looks like they also recommend purchasing special products to go with it. That shouldn't be necessary with a balanced diet

The best thing you can do is let your body naturally clean itself, and just stop putting junk back in it I feel so much better when I eat whole, unprocessed foods, and there's nothing additional I need to do.
Closed Thread