Old 10-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #1  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

Default Nothing Hits The Spot Today

Oh, I am miserable. For some reason, nothing I have eaten today is doing the trick. I had some rotisserie seasoned chicken breast and a few cheese cubes for breakfast, turkey, ham, and mustard on 2 whole wheat tortillas for lunch, a bowl of chicken noodle soup for snack, and some yogurt because I thought that was what I wanted. NOTHING is making me feel satisfied. I don't know what to do!!!
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

It happens to me too.. but a lot of times itīs just wanting to eat, and not hunger.
Anyway, celery sticks are great! They are crunchy and with some lemon yumii very low cal so you can eat a lot, and I mean A LOT! and it keeps you busy.. hope it works!
Carrot are great too!
Ahh and lots of water..
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/193/135

Height: 5'4"

Smile How about some almonds or hazelnuts!

They're a great snack. Just a small handfull though. Eat them one at a time, they're filling & healthy. The smokehouse almonds are just as good as the regular ones as far as calories/fats/carbs go. I always keep almonds and hazelnuts on hand just in case.

Almonds (1 serving = 24-28 medium)
Calories 169
Total Fat 15 g
Sat. Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 96 mg
Total Carbs. 5.5 g
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 6.3 g
Calcium 75.4 mg
Potassium 211.5 mg

Hazelnuts (1 serving = 10 nuts)
Calories 88
Total Fat 8.5 g
Sat. Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbs. 2.3 g
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 2.1 g
Calcium 16.0 mg
Potassium 95.2 mg
Time for a change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Food wise - you haven't had any fruits of vegetables today. Maybe your body is craving some kind of nutrition? Go for spicy (sweet potato home frie with lime/cayenne) or crunchy (pickle). In my experience, restless munchies was a symptom of my body seeking something it craved. You're also short on healthy fats - maybe measured natural peanut butter on a really good fall apple??

If you're just bored/restless, Do something!! Get out of the house, start an activity, call your mom, go to the mall.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I have to also say that chicken for Brkfst is not the best choice.. Maybe your body was craving a healthy breakfast?
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty81668 View Post
I have to also say that chicken for Brkfst is not the best choice.. Maybe your body was craving a healthy breakfast?
cheryl
What's not healthy about chicken for breakfast? Generally speaking, it's a nice lean protein.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #7  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I've always heard that chicken can be a great breakfast.

I have days where nothing I can do will kill my hunger. Honestly, I just go to bed early so I can look forward to breakfast, lol.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:35 PM   #8  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
What's not healthy about chicken for breakfast? Generally speaking, it's a nice lean protein.
As a non meat/poultry eater I don't see it as being healthy, that is my opinion and I am allowed it. I generally think of healthy bkfsts, as cereal, oatmeal, some type of fruit/fruit juice, or maybe some eggs.. I think of Chicken as a lunch/dinner food, the same thing for beans, or soup, I couldn't fathom eating this for breakfast, but I am sure there are people who do eat this for breakfast somewhere.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty81668 View Post
As a non meat/poultry eater I don't see it as being healthy, that is my opinion and I am allowed it. I generally think of healthy bkfsts, as cereal, oatmeal, some type of fruit/fruit juice, or maybe some eggs.. I think of Chicken as a lunch/dinner food, the same thing for beans, or soup, I couldn't fathom eating this for breakfast, but I am sure there are people who do eat this for breakfast somewhere.
cheryl
Well of course you are entitled to it. You just stated it as if it were law and I wondered if it was based on something I didn't know about.

I did get a giggle out of eggs being a healthy breakfast food but chicken isn't. I wonder which came first?
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #10  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Sometimes the body craves things it's missing, like nutrients, water, salt, etc.

and I thought we really weren't supposed to critique another person's diet plan of choice? If she wants to eat chicken for breakfast, so be it. At least it's better than ice cream and a gallon of chocolate syrup.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 PM   #11  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I've had chicken for breakfast before, if I have some left over and it sounds good. Or I make omelettes with chicken - yummy!

I'd agree that maybe your body is telling you something. It may be telling you that you're thirsty (how is your water intake today doing? It seems like your day may be on the high end sodium-wise, with the soup and deli meats, so drinking some water might help). It may be telling you that it wants some veggies or fruits.

I find that if I'm craving something very specific, its usually my body saying it wants a nutrient, vitamin or mineral. I CRAVE peanut butter when my fat levels are too low. If I find I'm craving just eating in general, it usually my body saying it wants more water, or that my calories for the day are too low.

Last edited by mandalinn82; 10-17-2007 at 07:55 PM.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think it's okay to think outside of the box. Eating typical lunch or dinner food for breakfast is a great idea, IMO, IF it works for you. If not, well then, that's okay too. Chicken is loaded with protein. A great way to start the day. I very often eat my biggest meal at lunch time. Then it's kind of like a treat for me to have a bowl of oatmeal and an egg white omlette come DINNER time. We all have to find what works for ourselves.

Marsielle, I HATE those kind of days. You've already gotten some good suggestions. How about a nice, BIG cut up salad with lots of veggies and a can of tuna thrown in? Or go make yourself some homemade applesauce. Very easy and quick - and satisfying. A cup of SF hot chocolate? Hmmm, what else, let's see - oh, how about a nice veggie platter with a little hummus?

Also try drinking lots of water. MAybe you're really thirsty.

And if food is just not doing it for you today, why not try and take your mind off of food all together? Straighten up the house, organize your closets/drawers, take a walk, do a little shopping.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

i always think of days like that as the DAY I'M LOSING WEIGHT! yay! so i agree with Cassie and go to bed early and look forward to a yummy breakie
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Chicken is a great food for breakfast. It's a lean protein. Yesterday, I was grilling a chicken breast to take with me for lunch, and it smelled so delicious I decided to have it for breakfast. I ate it with an apple, and prepared something else to take with me for lunch.

I suggest eating some nice veggies or fruits. It may be that nothing is satisfying you because your body wants/needs a different type of food than what you're eating.

Last edited by BattleAx; 10-17-2007 at 08:16 PM.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I'll see your chicken for breakfast and up you a broiled fish fillet! I know it sounds awful but there are mornings when it's just what I want! I broil a piece of fish and eat it wrapped in a tortilla...sometimes I'll even throw an egg with it!

Up up up with healthy dinner foods for breakfast!!!! Down down down with sugar laden cereal that my kids love!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote