View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #40
meowee
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Such changes take place very, very slowly . . . most Fast Food joints are now offering a choice of sides with your combo (even MacDonalds) and one of those choices is a skimpy, slightly bedraggled, salad . . . we must be thankful for even small forward movements.

Let's face it . . . things MUST change. One of the most telling signs that things are really bad is a current advert (promoting activity for children) on a local TV station that mentions that for the first time in quite a few decades, children in the toddler stage today face a SHORTER life expectancy than their parents. I don't think it's only my actuarial background that makes that an absolutely terrifying pronouncement.

Gail, you are really to be commended. I have never had a drinking problem (I can count the number of drinks I have in any given year on one hand - don't like either the taste or the feeling, I guess); but I certainly had a very serious smoking problem. Forty to fifty cigarettes a day for the better part of 25 years. My last cigarette was smoked on October 26, 1986. Is it licked I don't have craviongs for cigarettes any more, but I'd be afraid to ever smoke one to test it out.

Although I can definitely see where you are coming from about the cop-out aspects, I must admit I would really like to see some kind of nutrition pill that I could have and never have to eat again. That would be the only hope for a true "magic" diet pill. Unlike the one everybody is always looking for that will let you eat everything you want and still be a perfect weight at all times.