Old 10-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Unhappy Its hard to be brave!

I feel like I need to rant!

I have been doing this program for 20 weeks and have lost 14lbs!! .7 per week average. I must say that I am pop probably 98% of the time. My downfall is usually every 2nd saturday where i have 2-3 glasses of wine. Other than that...I DO NOT CHEAT. I do 30 min treadmill every 48 hours (have bad knees)...weigh and measure everything....bla bla ....

I am very disappointed, I know I have lost inches, and am sticking to it closely so yes, I should be proud. But I want to see tangable results on the scale.

They have taken my diary and are going to send to dietician. Have to tell you that I don't expect great things.

Can anyone relate? Help Am ready to order large pizza and open bottle of wine. (I am Italian)
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Lucia trust me I went through it all. So I'm giving you a

With me, I dropped 14 pounds off the bat than plateued and plateaued and plateaued some more. The scale just did not budge at all. The only time I actually ever lost was if I was drinking hard liquor, I was down the next weigh-in. I ended up not juicing, it did absolutely nothing.

As for my diary, well it was an anal rententive piece of art, COD sent it to the Dietician, to use as a sample menu plan! My best suggestion is to up the water, allow yourself some slack (just not the whole pizza and a bottle of wine ), and relish in the positve changes that show.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #3  

Thanks for the support! I hope this is just a plateau and not the end of losing weight.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Lucia...

It definetely won't be the end if you keep doing what you're supposed to be doing and be sure to change things around once in a while.. Vary your menu. Up your water intake.. Have some hot lemon water to help flush the system.. Eat at Subway once in a while.. Stuff like that.. Try the 5 day plateau breaker..

You can do it!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #5  
Purple with Lites

Stick with it Lucia. Hang in there. I agree, it's good to splurge a little so you don't feel like you're 'doing time'. Hopefully the consultation with a dietician will help. We're all different of course and respond differently to foods...maybe they'll have suggestions for your specific situation. Certainly I am not a doctor, but may I suggest you may consider some low impact/knee friendly exercise like cycling, swimming or elliptical to compliment your treadmill workouts if you're experiencing pain or even if it's just boring to do the same ol' thing. Sending you my best wishes.
AvidKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:42 PM   #6  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenLucia View Post
Thanks for the support! I hope this is just a plateau and not the end of losing weight.
It is NOT, and I repeat, NOT the end of losing . That is just your inner fat girl trying to get you to quit. Pin her down and remind her who the boss is!!! You can do this......you can do this........you can do this !!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Lucia, I feel like throwing in the towel all the time. I have been on LAWL since January 10th, and had lost 30 lbs. but have regained 4 of that. I too follow the plan closely and try my best. I lost the 30 lbs. fairly easily. I never had dramatic drops, but consistent. Then I stopped and have spent the last perhaps 4 months (I've lost track now) crying myself to sleep. I was suppose to meet goal (drop 95 lbs) by November 17th. I am still 65+ lbs away from that goal...and many many inches away from goal.

I stick on plan and forge on because I don't want to regain the weight I lost. I know that to keep moving forward I can't afford to fall back...
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:49 AM   #8  

I am in awe that some of you that have hit a wall and are sticking with it. I hope I have that much willpower and determination. I lost an easy 6.8 pounds the first 4 days and was pumped about the program.

But, even though it is so early for me, I am admittedly getting frustrated. No red meat. No pasta. No potato. No fried foods. No cheating. No nothing. Yet, I have gained .2 each of the last 2 visits. Compared with what you guys are dealing with, my issue is so very small. But, it is hard to stay motivated when the scale stops moving down....even this early.

We know the program works. We can do this, even with those bumps in the road.
Dee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #9  

ThankS! Glad I am not the only one in this pickle! (are we allowed pickles?) According to them, I was supposed to be at goal by Nov 21! I guess I was gullible enough to believe that. No way, is that going to happen. That means I would have to lose 30 lbs between now and Nov 21st...It took me 20 weeks to lose 14...
I won't quit, no way...but I just wish i had better results on the scale...I know people who cheat all the time and are losing 1-2 lbs per week....

I need to cheer up!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #10  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee72 View Post
I am in awe that some of you that have hit a wall and are sticking with it. I hope I have that much willpower and determination. I lost an easy 6.8 pounds the first 4 days and was pumped about the program.

But, even though it is so early for me, I am admittedly getting frustrated. No red meat. No pasta. No potato. No fried foods. No cheating. No nothing. Yet, I have gained .2 each of the last 2 visits. Compared with what you guys are dealing with, my issue is so very small. But, it is hard to stay motivated when the scale stops moving down....even this early.

We know the program works. We can do this, even with those bumps in the road.
I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but I have to ask why no red meat, pasta or potatoes (I don't need to ask about the fried stuff )?

Is that part of one of the new plans?

While we could only have smaller amounts, pasta and potatoes were always in our menu.. We did eventually stop eating pasta because we always wanted more than what we could have, but we still eat potatoes and red meat a couple times a week...

Just curious....
Old 10-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #11  
Plan #3-no lites

S/C/G: 198/179/150

During the first 4 weeks of the new numbered plans you can't have red meat, potatoes, pasta, rice, and only limited types of vegetables & starches. After the first 4 weeks they start adding those things back to your plan.
KSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:14 PM   #12  
LAWL Salt Police

Ah.. Gotcha.. Thanks for the clarification...
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Lucia, I think we all fell in love with the 2 pounds a week fantasy, it is oh so seductive. Some bodies are just slower to lose weight. Mine is one of those bodies. The thing is that slower is not the same as impossible. Losing slowly is the so much healthier. You are most likely losing all fat. Take out the equivalent amount of butter... 3 sticks a week is what is going from your body every week, 12 sticks a month. Think about how hard your body has to work to rearrange itself for the loss. Think about the healing that is going on inside your body as you eat healthier and all the inflamation and problems that being overweight were previously causing in your body are healed. I truly believe we plateau sometimes because our bodies are busy healing from the previous damage and weight loss is not the first priority. Now, I do think that trying something new or mixing up your menu can wake your body out of its slumber and on to greater weight loss. Long term weight loss is all about persistence. It is not a race to get to a goal weight, although the COD treats it like that... but really now that I'm maintaining, it matters not that it took me a long time to get to here, it matters that I can do this for the rest of my life. You can't have the mind set that you can't wait until this is over, since if you want to keep off the weight, there is no over. It is a permanent life style change.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #14  

Thanks, Barbara, you really put things in perspecitve for me. What you are saying makes a lot of sense, and it really brings home that this is a permanant thing...so how long is relevant..what is important is that it is coming down.

Thank you.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #15  

Dan, I see that someone else explained it. But, it is L.A. Express or something like that. It is very annoying because the starch choices are so limited. I love potato, even in moderation. But, they say it's still a no-no.

I really wish there were more food options this first four weeks because I am looking for a lifestyle change, and I can guarantee I will not give up potatoes permanently.

Last edited by Dee72; 10-17-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Dee72 is offline   Reply With Quote